ADVERTISEMENT

Walters

I know a lot of people on here compare Walters to Hazell, which is justified given the record and performance to date. With that said, I find Coach Walters infinitely more likable, humble, and someone that I genuinely want to do well here.

I abandoned Hazell about 3 games into his tenure, but if Walters can hold this team and his recruiting class together after the abysmal start to this season, I think he deserves our support. His defense is showing clear improvement and he is now making obvious effort to repair the inept offense that has held him back since he got here. He also appears to be more disappointed than any of us with the results on the field, which tells me he cares about what is happening here vs. just cashing a check.

So far, I think his biggest mistake has been in trusting the wrong person with his Offense whilst having an unforgiving schedule. Although obvious self-preservation, I think pulling the trigger on Harrell is more than just a symbolic act and and actually gives Walters a chance to rebound. Hopefully he course corrected before it's too late.

Boiler up!
No way...Offensive line is horrible..receivers can't get any seperation. There's 2 more worthless coaches! The whole program needs to reset and go in another direction.

Reactions: pboiler18
Our OOC schedule is not tough. A barely top 15 ND team. And Oregon State team that doesn’t have a conference and might win 6-7 playing In The MWC. A FCS patsy.

That’s not difficult. That’s what most teams play.
They didn’t know that at the time. Think prospective

You’re a g5 coach. You know you’re Urb 2.0. There are whispers that you are.

You’re going to Purdue for paltry NIL backing to play Notre Dame and North Carolina in 2027?

Notre dame might be eh that year for their standards, they might be amazing. Sure, North Carolina could see the ACC split and could end up in the Caribbean conference with st Thomas college and 65 outbound transfers. I doubt it though.

You’re that coach and your agent brings in people who say they have reason to believe Minnesota, NC State, Oklahoma state and Clemson jobs may open in December 2025. You take the Purdue job?

Not Chris creighton. Say you are.. 2017 Jeff brohm.

“But creighton is better than Walters.” True. Anyone would be a fool to argue otherwise. Say Walters gets to 3-9 and keeps games closer than you think or even 4-8. Say Bobo has reason to believe that revenue sharing will kick in in a way that allows players to be paid under a different model starting in the 2026 season.

I say keep him even if it’s worse than that. I want the hire to be made with that promise rather than be locked in to Chris creighton for 2-3 years when revenue sharing will dramatically raise the stature of the Purdue job

No way...Offensive line is horrible..receivers can't get any seperation. There's 2 more worthless coaches! The whole program needs to reset and go in another direction.
lol there are three kinds of receivers on this team..

18 year olds, brohm recruits and transfers that probably came here for free. Even Edrine only graded about 63 in the Sun belt.

You want Rondale Moore? You got a million plus to bring him in AND keep him annually?

lol there are three kinds of receivers on this team..

18 year olds, brohm recruits and transfers that probably came here for free. Even Edrine only graded about 63 in the Sun belt.

You want Rondale Moore? You got a million plus to bring him in AND keep him annually?

LOL. This team doesn't need a Rondale Moore to be competitive. Secondarily, no WR on Notre Dame's team, which you keep spouting about, is receiving $1MM in NIL. You're full of shit...

Reactions: pboiler18
Do we have any depth on our coaching staff? Anyone who could take over the team if we fired someone now? It doesn't appear that way. Anyone?

LOL. This team doesn't need a Rondale Moore to be competitive. Secondarily, no WR on Notre Dame's team, which you keep spouting about, is receiving $1MM in NIL. You're full of shit...
No receiver on Notre dame is Rondale Moore. You want electricity and big plays. Scourton got 800+ to go to TAMU

The guys who were on this team when Walters got here, save Burks, did not have wheels. That means you gotta wait for young guys to get older.

Again, I see a lot of Democrat Republican type of stuff here where there are two choices .. Walters is the best ever or brohm is the best ever.

Neither is true and Walters has been bad. But let’s not pretend that this team he receiving talent if Chris creighton comes here’s. He’d be dealing with the same ba. Would he do better? Sure. Great? Not likely

No receiver on Notre dame is Rondale Moore. You want electricity and big plays. Scourton got 800+ to go to TAMU

The guys who were on this team when Walters got here, save Burks, did not have wheels. That means you gotta wait for young guys to get older.

Again, I see a lot of Democrat Republican type of stuff here where there are two choices .. Walters is the best ever or brohm is the best ever.

Neither is true and Walters has been bad. But let’s not pretend that this team he receiving talent if Chris creighton comes here’s. He’d be dealing with the same ba. Would he do better? Sure. Great? Not likely

Again, this team doesn't need an All American receiver. What it needs is competent play calling. No receiver on Joe Tiller's teams were Rondale Moore, nor were any receivers on Brohm's last team either. You're acting like not being able to pay $1MM for a player is preventing Purdue from being competitive.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
We could pull anyone from the stands and likely do no worse than the current staff.
Until revenue sharing, when the next hire is made, I think people will realize how difficult this job is.

My hope is that it’s someone with all the qualifications people are looking for and I can get a lot of posters to agree that is going to be awesome beforehand.

Again, this team doesn't need an All American receiver. What it needs is competent play calling. No receiver on Joe Tiller's teams were Rondale Moore, nor were any receivers on Brohm's last team either. You're acting like not being able to pay $1MM for a player is preventing Purdue from being competitive.
lol on Brohm’s last team you had probably the best progression passer since Brees. And they still got absolutely nothing on the left side.

In today’s market I doubt chuck jones is going to have trouble getting reps at receiver. And once a guy with his talent did, you think he’d be cheaper than Burks now? Purdue couldn’t even pay Burks! Burks didn’t cost a million!

Oh yeah Joe tillers team. Vinny Sutherland being covered by a 265 lb run stuffer.

The OC was fired. Walters is on his way. But don’t act like this job is going to be easy for the next guy. There are a lot of problems for the next guy until revenue sharing

The interview with the new OC was interesting. "it takes a village", "putting our players in a position to be successful". I don't blame him, but deer in the headlights syndrome. I would rather have heard "yeah we've got a few new ideas we are going to try out". This coaching by committee thing looks scary.

He's had 2 yrs to get adequate receivers....failed miserable..

He's had 2 yrs to get adequate receivers....failed miserable..
two years? So freshmen and sophomores or thrift store transfers?

Walters has not been good. However, holding any coach to that standard at Purdue is going to be problematic.

As with many positions there aren’t any or many 3rd and 4th year home grown players worth much

…….Again, I see a lot of Democrat Republican type of stuff here where there are two choices .. Walters is the best ever or brohm is the best ever….
Holy false equivalence, Batman!

I haven’t seen ANYONE here assert that CRW “is the best ever” 😳😂

The only argument is whether or not to stick with him- nobody in their right mind is saying what we’ve seen so far is “the best ever” or even remotely acceptable!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT