ADVERTISEMENT

odds of turning season around

You thinking of Colletto getting hit in the head by a tennis ball ?
My recollection is that they moved the team to the student side. They handed out small basketball looking balls and people started throwing at him towards the end of the game. He gets hit and everybody celebrated...that was a long time ago and I'm sure I wasn't sober.

i am actually going to the game this Saturday, after i said i was done with the team. So i guess i am one of those fans who have that glimmer of hope things will get better. Hard not to support your school
It is very hard. Me and my wife moved to Oklahoma 6 years ago. I'm about to start rooting for Oklahoma State football so I have some actual football enjoyment.

I mean I don't know what you expect him to say.

You don't say I suck, we suck, fire me three games into the season. He's trying to keep his team in a positive mental framework.

I certainly understand folks who want him gone, it's been a horrendous two games, but this specific criticism I don't understand.
I have never wanted him gone but I would've liked to have seen him make the required adjustments for the team to play more competitive football.
After Jim Young left Purdue and took over at Army, he installed the Wishbone Offense, a scheme that he had never used before. Why, because he had the players to run that offense.
i am actually going to the game this Saturday, after i said i was done with the team. So i guess i am one of those fans who have that glimmer of hope things will get better. Hard not to support your school
Wear your rain gear stud! I can travel 45 miles instead of 160 and watch another Big Ten team play in the rain and stand a better chance of winning.......

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Literally stuff about DEI and only hired because he was Black on this board in the last 24 hours and before. Just because it's not in this particular thread doesn't mean it's not happening.

So you agree it's not in this thread, which is what I said...

The fact that you had to include it in this thread is the issue.

Reactions: pboiler18 and BBG
Literally stuff about DEI and only hired because he was Black on this board in the last 24 hours and before. Just because it's not in this particular thread doesn't mean it's not happening.
This.

Unfortunately there is a disturbing level of stupid within our fan base here, mixed in with legitimate disappointment and frustration over CRW and this crappy start.

Reactions: z_one and RDUBoiler
Bravo!

Your last sentence says it all-- If I didn't live a thousand miles away, I'd be there too...

Fall Saturdays on a spectacular campus in a beautifully refurbished Ross-Ade, with cold beer to boot...

I know-- it sucks to not win, or even be competitive, but I AM a Boilermaker.

Hell-- it looks like I'm heading to Bloomington for the Bucket game-- I'm doing that because I love my school!

Bravo!

Your last sentence says it all-- If I didn't live a thousand miles away, I'd be there too...

Fall Saturdays on a spectacular campus in a beautifully refurbished Ross-Ade, with cold beer to boot...

I know-- it sucks to not win, or even be competitive, but I AM a Boilermaker.

Hell-- it looks like I'm heading to Bloomington for the Bucket game-- I'm doing that because I love my school!
This is all good, but if the games aren’t entertaining, the reality is most folks will eventually find other things to do on those beautiful fall afternoons… things that are less of a headache and probably less expensive…

This is all good, but if the games aren’t entertaining, the reality is most folks will eventually find other things to do on those beautiful fall afternoons… things that are less of a headache and probably less expensive…
As they did during the Hazell years. As I did during the Hazell years.

I think we have to look at ourselves as lucky we are only tied to a $9mil buyout.

I’m not opposed to the lottery ticket HC approach. It has low(er) odds of working but we can always pay the guy if he’s successful and ditch a guy relatively cheaply if he’s not.

This.

Unfortunately there is a disturbing level of stupid within our fan base here, mixed in with legitimate disappointment and frustration over CRW and this crappy start.
Yes. Disappointment and frustration is legit. It's been a piss poor start. Thinking this staff isn't the one, also fine. It's the extra nonsense that is just ridiculous.

Reactions: z_one
So you agree it's not in this thread, which is what I said...

The fact that you had to include it in this thread is the issue.
LMAO right bud, because it's not literally in this thread but all over the board including by people in this thread That's the real issue.

I have never wanted him gone but I would've liked to have seen him make the required adjustments for the team to play more competitive football.
After Jim Young left Purdue and took over at Army, he installed the Wishbone Offense, a scheme that he had never used before. Why, because he had the players to run that offense.

Wear your rain gear stud! I can travel 45 miles instead of 160 and watch another Big Ten team play in the rain and stand a better chance of winning.......
Adjustments were made on defense. I don't think it's crazy to expect the QB to be somewhat effective with not much of a pass rush but here we are.

Adjustments were made on defense. I don't think it's crazy to expect the QB to be somewhat effective with not much of a pass rush but here we are.
IMO, OR St. Was a step or two down in competition and the product on the field was still very poor. Did the OL really improve last week or was it due to the level of competition that we faced?

IMO, OR St. Was a step or two down in competition and the product on the field was still very poor. Did the OL really improve last week or was it due to the level of competition that we faced?
We’ll go back to getting mauled I’m sure

The running game was poor?

The running game was poor?
Was better due to a lower level of competition.

Likely won’t be as such on Saturday. RBs are still our best weapons but we need to leverage their threat to get others the ball too.

Card has to show a pulse. Nebby was his worst game last year. Do t want or need a repeat.

LMAO right bud, because it's not literally in this thread but all over the board including by people in this thread That's the real issue.

I'm sure there's been some use of the term. But I've been thru multiple threads from the past 24 hours and you're the only one I've seen bring it up. So maybe it's not "all over the board"...

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT