ADVERTISEMENT

Walters has to go. From a guy who liked him and wanted to see more

Harrell was only one part of the problem.

We have recruits de-comitting and players leaving the team "for personal reasons" ... this was a gigantic failure by the administration and they need to stop the bleeding.. NOW... you could quite literally pull someone from the stands and do a better job than what we are seeing here....

Harrell was only one part of the problem.

We have recruits de-comitting and players leaving the team "for personal reasons" ... this was a gigantic failure by the administration and they need to stop the bleeding.. NOW... you could quite literally pull someone from the stands and do a better job than what we are seeing here....
No offense but we all wanted to see more. The issues that got us here are deep in the AD’s decisions.

Reactions: z_one and rjmpu82
Yeap, I'm done.

Wanted Walters to succeed, and thought the offense left the defense out to hang to much last week. This week, the offense looks a little better, but this team is a train wreck with some many issues I'm now ready to stick fork in Walters because he is done.

We’ve all seen enough. It’s over. Do it now and spend the rest of the season holding the kind of practices that will separate the men from the boys …
We are a truly awful team with missed tackles, dump penalties, and missed assignments. He has lost this team.

Reactions: NVboiler
Just a curious question. Walters gets fired but is picked up as a DC somewhere next year. Does that mean he gets paid by Purdue + his new employer or is Purdue's obligation reduced by his salary at his new school?

Just a curious question. Walters gets fired but is picked up as a DC somewhere next year. Does that mean he gets paid by Purdue + his new employer or is Purdue's obligation reduced by his salary at his new school?

Depends upon the contract language. I thought I read somewhere that Purdue's buy-out obligations would be reduced/offset if he gets employed as a coach elsewhere. Don't know if its dollar-for-dollar or not. Given he's a first time HC, I would be surprised if that wasn't in there.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Depends upon the contract language. I thought I read somewhere that Purdue's buy-out obligations would be reduced/offset if he gets employed as a coach elsewhere. Don't know if its dollar-for-dollar or not. Given he's a first time HC, I would be surprised if that wasn't in there.

If I were Walters, I would offer to leave now for a reduced buy out so I would not have to suffer 7 more BOHICA moments.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Terrible hire, Walters needs to be fired pronto, this is on Bobinski, Purdue needs to figure out if football isn’t important anymore, if this is their take shame on them.

"From a guy who liked him and wanted to see more".

This is one of the reasons no one should listen to what you have to say.
Wanted to see more as in… no one was firing anyone after 14 games.

Like nat said, unless you are donating big money, no one at the AD cares what you think anyway.

I think this was so bad you might have to clear out the AD as well. It’s not just the hire, it’s making the hire without any controls. No former head coaches. No coaches who have called a college offense.
I agree. I wouldn't trust Bobinski to make the next hire after this one.

In hindsight, hiring a DC with zero HC experience at a school that traditionally wins with seasoned offensive coaches was boneheaded.

Was there any word on the other candidates Purdue looked at before hiring Walter’s? Curious who else Purdue was looking at.

Was there any word on the other candidates Purdue looked at before hiring Walter’s? Curious who else Purdue was looking at.
If I remember right, Helton from WKU said no and they wanted to talk with Todd Monken. But then out of nowhere Walters was hired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT