ADVERTISEMENT

Walters’ future

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
He should pivot to being an OC after he’s fired. He really dialed up some good stuff today. Helps to have a QB who is willing to pull it and run on the read option, and who seemed to care. Card should not play another snap here. I hope he goes somewhere else for one last yeat and has success, but he was not the guy for us.

But seriously, Walters was good today running the O. He should pivot.

He should pivot to being an OC after he’s fired. He really dialed up some good stuff today. Helps to have a QB who is willing to pull it and run on the read option, and who seemed to care. Card should not play another snap here. I hope he goes somewhere else for one last yeat and has success, but he was not the guy for us.

As long as it’s not here as our HC…ok.

The D is awful and it’s his scheme…not Kanes. Doesn’t win us anything.

I was thinking along the same lines.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought Brohm was calling the plays. He totally mixed it up today.

Reactions: HUD628
Against Illinois. Did we forget the plays that put us in that spot being down 24-3?
D were bystanders at best today. Huge shame on them. I should be paid to watch the incompetence it’s so bad. Lbs standing and watching. DEs crashing every play and losing contain. Either they are legally retarded or being coached to do this. It’s inexcusable.

Reactions: PurdueDave
D were bystanders at best today. Huge shame on them. I should be paid to watch the incompetence it’s so bad. Lbs standing and watching. DEs crashing every play and losing contain. Either they are legally retarded or being coached to do this. It’s inexcusable.
The poor tackling makes me want to swan dove into my neighbors pond.

Reactions: pboiler18
Walters deserve a another year you cant be firing coaches look at iu does mike woodson deserve to be fired no so you have to be patient
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

I think that he has the potential to be a great coach, look how the offense turned around in a week when he coached them. Now if he would only do the same for the defense in one week. The same identical bad plays time and again, that should be correctable. He's learning to be a head coach and has done some unnoticed things absolutely right, but he has to concentrate on getting the Ws, not at trying to make his D scheme succeed at the expense of winning. You get the Ws by any means and everything else will come later. But those changes to the defense must occur now.

Reactions: Riveting
No. No one has forgotten. Your insufferble Walters hatefest would never allow that. Carry on!
Having fans that don't like a coach and constantly criticize him doesn't help. The coach is then in a position to possibly base a decision on what he thinks will be received best by the fans, and not what he actually believes. It's like Walters admitting on a talk show that he kept trying to pound the ball into the end zone when it wasn't succeeding. He knew he would be criticized by many if he didn't do this and this is what the playbook says, so he quit doing that later than he himself would have. Coaching is a thankless position unless you coach the national champions, you'll always rightly or wrongly have critics. As a new coach he should just realize that he should do what HE thinks is best, as you can't please everyone.

Reactions: z_one
I was thinking along the same lines.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought Brohm was calling the plays. He totally mixed it up today.
They have the tapes… the announcer on the radio two different times was like “they had to have studied the brohm tapes because that was another one.”

It’s called institutional knowledge. You have the tapes and guys who played for brohm .. put your ego aside and learn from a brilliant schemer (something I’ll never take from brohm).

Walters will start ticking me off a lot less if we at least see Bradford, Beasley, marable etc during Fridays blowout

Walters deserve a another year you cant be firing coaches look at iu does mike woodson deserve to be fired no so you have to be patient
That's like the Captain of the Titanic saying, let's go back and hit the iceberg again! At best, Purdue may win 2 more games, better probability one more. The longer Walters is around the harder it will be to recruit at Purdue. Based on the damage he's caused, it will probably take 4 to 6 years to rectify!

No. No one has forgotten. Your insufferble Walters hatefest would never allow that. Carry on!
Hatefest? All he did was point out how historically horrible this staff is.

This defensive scheme is the most idiotic thing I’ve ever seen. QB gets behind the DL, and the rest of the defense has their backs to him, except for 1 guy.

Having fans that don't like a coach and constantly criticize him doesn't help. The coach is then in a position to possibly base a decision on what he thinks will be received best by the fans, and not what he actually believes. It's like Walters admitting on a talk show that he kept trying to pound the ball into the end zone when it wasn't succeeding. He knew he would be criticized by many if he didn't do this and this is what the playbook says, so he quit doing that later than he himself would have. Coaching is a thankless position unless you coach the national champions, you'll always rightly or wrongly have critics. As a new coach he should just realize that he should do what HE thinks is best, as you can't please everyone.
I would say in defense of criticizing him. He is being paid a lot of money to do his job. So when he screws up I am not against someone criticizing him. I'm used to a select few that have done nothing but that since the second game of last year.

This defensive scheme is the most idiotic thing I’ve ever seen. QB gets behind the DL, and the rest of the defense has their backs to him, except for 1 guy.
Yes he has been on a hatefest since the second game of last season. To this point he has been correct that Walters hasn't been good at what he is paid a lot of money to do. I guess if that makes his day, go for it. If that is what trips your trigger. But no one should cry when it is pointed out either.

Yeah man, no one can just enjoy Purdue football because of a few people. If this team was 5-7, don’t act like it wouldn’t be the same routine.

You have a few guys who love Jeff brohm, who were posting like this before Walters coached his first game and who think they need to convince everyone here, as nauseum, including people who know that we aren’t the AD and the AD doesn’t care what anyone but big money donors thinks.

Walters is awful, but if you two guys don’t think that the next coach deserves the Jeff brohm stamp of approval, it will be the same thing. And if you do and that coach goes 4-8 in year 3, you will be all over anyone criticizing him.

And the funny thing is, I’m aware of at least 3 Purdue coaches who were significantly better than Jeff Brohm. It’s so strange that he is the one who everyone looks up at the throne at. A coach who was 2 games over .500 who quit. Not only quit as the head coach, quit recruiting 3 ****in years ago.

When the next coach comes here, his home grown seniors who can play will be Mockobee, Klare and who else? “Oh it’s 2024 players don’t stay.” The only ones who left who were worth a shot were Burks and Scourton. Okay, so he recruited four rising seniors who can play. That’s called quitting.

And before you start, they could fire Walters while I’m eating lunch and I wouldn’t give a flying f. Bobinski should go right out the door with him. Not only for hiring him with no restrictions, but for not asking questions as last ranked recruiting class came in during the 2021 season. And not seeing it as a sign that brohm was throwing up deuces…

Reactions: z_one
Yeah man, no one can just enjoy Purdue football because of a few people. If this team was 5-7, don’t act like it wouldn’t be the same routine.

You have a few guys who love Jeff brohm, who were posting like this before Walters coached his first game and who think they need to convince everyone here, as nauseum, including people who know that we aren’t the AD and the AD doesn’t care what anyone but big money donors thinks.

Walters is awful, but if you two guys don’t think that the next coach deserves the Jeff brohm stamp of approval, it will be the same thing. And if you do and that coach goes 4-8 in year 3, you will be all over anyone criticizing him.

And the funny thing is, I’m aware of at least 3 Purdue coaches who were significantly better than Jeff Brohm. It’s so strange that he is the one who everyone looks up at the throne at. A coach who was 2 games over .500 who quit. Not only quit as the head coach, quit recruiting 3 ****in years ago.

When the next coach comes here, his home grown seniors who can play will be Mockobee, Klare and who else? “Oh it’s 2024 players don’t stay.” The only ones who left who were worth a shot were Burks and Scourton. Okay, so he recruited four rising seniors who can play. That’s called quitting.

And before you start, they could fire Walters while I’m eating lunch and I wouldn’t give a flying f. Bobinski should go right out the door with him. Not only for hiring him with no restrictions, but for not asking questions as last ranked recruiting class came in during the 2021 season. And not seeing it as a sign that brohm was throwing up deuces…
A "frickin" men!

Tiller, Young and...Hope?

Mollenkopf
Too bad we didn't go with Spack as Tiller recommended. We would have been better than under Hope, Hazel, and Walters. We would have done at least as well as Brohm did and would have had loyalty from Spack that we never had from Brohm.

His awesome defense only gave up 50 points today to an Illinois team playing without its lead running back. Just think if Illinois was at full strength!

Sure bring Walters back!

In the end, no matter what the stats were , At the end of the year, this game will still be counted as a loss. Nothing more.

His awesome defense only gave up 50 points today to an Illinois team playing without its lead running back. Just think if Illinois was at full strength!

Sure bring Walters back!

In the end, no matter what the stats were , At the end of the year, this game will still be counted as a loss. Nothing more.
43 points, and scored 7, for a net of 36.

You may count it is nothing more than a loss, but I will recall it as a great comeback from 27-3 and an unexpected strong game from a freshman QB, alone with some refreshing play-calling.

My memory is probably much better than yours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT