ADVERTISEMENT

VOTE: who do you want for the next HC in Football?

The ideal next coach for Purdue is...

• Mark Hagen

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Chris Klienman

Votes: 25 11.6%
  • Jim Leonard

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Dave Clawson

Votes: 85 39.4%
  • JaMarcus Shepard

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Paul Chryst

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • David Hasselhoff (but only with Kitt as OC)

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • Kevin Sumlin

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • Jeff "Tractor" Traylor

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Lou Anarumo

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters
Monken, yes. And also get their DC.

Campbell, no. ISU was terrible this yr.

Clawson. No. One season in conf over .500 in 9 yrs.

Klieman. No. Huge buyout. $4M. Would be mid $30M or higher investment over 5-6 yrs.

Look at DC, OC or younger HC that does not have ties to the MW. Need to recruit the SE and TX. Get away from MAC level recruiting.
Why do you care what the buyout is what the contract is $-wise? It has no impact on you personally. If Nick Saban said "Pay me $10M and I'll coach Purdue", then we're happily paying him $10M, no questions asked.

Whoever it is, I hope it's someone people have heard of and will energize recruiting/portal transfers. Getting an up n comer from the MAC doesn't do that and then you're in a complete rebuild.

Why do you care what the buyout is what the contract is $-wise? It has no impact on you personally. If Nick Saban said "Pay me $10M and I'll coach Purdue", then we're happily paying him $10M, no questions asked.
Lighten up, Francine.

OK, I’ll pay Sagan $20M for two yrs if you can cover the $40M buyout.

Cmon, Saban and Urban? We do sound as bad as the IU bball fans in their coaching search.

Lighten up, Francine.

OK, I’ll pay Sagan $20M for two yrs if you can cover the $40M buyout.
Not my money or your money. You can still get your kid the GI Joe with the kung fu grip for Christmas. Don't worry about it. Purdue has plenty of money.

Not my money or your money. You can still get your kid the GI Joe with the kung fu grip for Christmas. Don't worry about it. Purdue has plenty of money.
Pass. Maybe get The Predator model with grenades. Then hit the salt flats and throw grenades at bonefish.

All but one of the above would be gone in a few years. Leonhard would bug out to his alma mater as soon as it turns Fickell again, as it did for Bielema and Chryst. So would Hagen when Allen finally strokes out. Shephard ditched us once already. As for those with actual head coaching experience, Clawson has no Big Ten ties whatsoever -- he’d bail when a bigger southern plantation beckons -- and Klieman doesn’t, either. Calhoun has only proven he can ground the Air Force, and Monken has already Missed badly.

Give me a proven-winner Purdue linebacker any time. Sumlin or/and Spack.

Helton - yes (Brohm ties and could keep the system going)
Leonard - yes (get Shepard or Brohm as OC, Wisconsin D with Purdue O)
Riley - yes (would bring some excitement and was great at TCU, we might be a stepping stone at some point though with a guy like him)
Shephard - yes (Brohm ties and players love him, good reviews about leadership in Washington, FW guy)
Aranda - yes (young and has done well at Baylor when Rhule abandoned them)
Harsin - yes (Boise St offense, wasn't given a chance at Auburn)

Traylor - maybe (Texas roots are deep, same as Brohm situation when a Texas school opens up)
Huff - maybe (might help in NIL front)
Monken - maybe (has great talent at GA but his name is known now)
Moorhead - maybe (so so at Miss St, maybe 5 years ago)
Klieman - maybe (not pulling him away from Kansas St)
Campbell - maybe (why the big drop off this year? 1 win in conference)
Creighton - maybe (Indiana ties, looks no nonsense)
Elko - maybe (young, defensive guy though)
Hagen - maybe (does he want a HC job, who is going to run the offensive side, need big $$ for coordinators)
B Brohm - maybe (see Hagen notes above, would need big $ for a coordinator on defensive side)
Doeren - maybe (has Midwest ties and kept NC State afloat but not championship level in ACC)
Clawson - maybe (seems like East coast kind of guy), not pulling him from Wake)

Chryst - no (maybe 10 years ago)
Sumlin - no (maybe 10 years ago)
Mullen - no (around the block and I can't see him in WL)
O'Brien - no (may bolt for NFL job)
Calhoun - no (option oriented and west coaster)
Fritz - no (age)

No one is too old. After age 50, Joe Paterno won 308 games. Only won 101 before.

All but one of the above would be gone in a few years. Leonhard would bug out to his alma mater as soon as it turns Fickell again, as it did for Bielema and Chryst. So would Hagen when Allen finally strokes out. Shephard ditched us once already. As for those with actual head coaching experience, Clawson has no Big Ten ties whatsoever -- he’d bail when a bigger southern plantation beckons -- and Klieman doesn’t, either. Calhoun has only proven he can ground the Air Force, and Monken has already Missed badly.

Give me a proven-winner Purdue linebacker any time. Sumlin or/and Spack.
I'd take Joe Morehead before those 2.

Well it is looking as if they swung and missed on a few on the list. 6 days and no coach probably means a total rebuild with a MAC coach on the horizon
Tom and Alan both agreed last week on their YouTube channel that a new coach likely wouldn’t be named until Wednesday of this week.

Tom and Alan both agreed last week on their YouTube channel that a new coach likely wouldn’t be named until Wednesday of this week.
I know there's a process here, but if this goes on much longer we'll need a coach that can bring a recruiting class with him. Or someone who can really work the portal. Hard telling how many commitments we'll have left by Wednesday.

Rumor has it that he turned down a 3 year, $6 mill contract from A&M to be their OC. Reports are he did sign a new contract with TCU. But that doesn't mean much if we offer the right amount.
Most of the OC contracts have Opt outs if head coaching job comes up...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT