ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball - #9 Purdue vs #4 Louisville

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Purdue starts this important match from behind with Louisville going up 0-3. Purdue tied it at 3 and at 4, but the Cardinals went up by 5 and lead the rest of the way. Purdue drew within 2 pts at 14-16 on some Ellis kills but then Louisville ran away with it the rest of the set winning 18-25. Hopefully the second set goes better.

Last edited:
Purdue starts this important match from behind with Louisville going up 0-3. Purdue tied it at 3 and at 4, but the Cardinals went up by 5 and lead the rest of the way. Purdue drew within 2 pts at 14-16 on some Ellis kills but then Purde ran away with it the rest of the set winning 18-25. Hopefully the second set goes better.

Purdue starts this important match from behind with Louisville going up 0-3. Purdue tied i at 3 and at 4, but the Cardinals went up by 5 and lead the rest of the way. Purdue drew within 2 pts at 14-16 on some Ellis kills but then Purde ran away with it the rest of the set winning 18-25. Hopefully the second set goes better.

I’m listening on the Purduesports “stretch portal” thingy.....Boilers seem to be struggling against this team that has really really good players, a couple returnees from their undefeated 2021 team. Would like to at least not get swept, but I don’t know that can happen tonight. SOunds like Purdue having to play more defense than being able to control the pace.

Reactions: DocRon
I’m listening on the Purduesports “stretch portal” thingy.....Boilers seem to be struggling against this team that has really really good players, a couple returnees from their undefeated 2021 team. Would like to at least not get swept, but I don’t know that can happen tonight. SOunds like Purdue having to play more defense than being able to control the pace.
Actually what has impressed me is the D. They hardly ever let a ball fall to the floor. But Purdue is up in this 3rd set.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Purdue loses 0-3 sets. The match point was on a called net violation against the Boilers that Dave challenged and (I guess) the ref agreed there was not a net violation but that we lost the point on a touch (which was not even the issue until the challenge).

Nevertheless Purdue should have never been in that situation since at one point they were up 24-18. Yep, they lost 6 straight set points.

Not Purdue’s best night. We were outhit and out defended.

And BTW, the ACC announcers were incredibly biased but I kind of expected that.

Last edited:
Well apparently th officiating was a bit suspect per Kyle Shondell!s play-by-play call. Sounds like a horrible ending. AND the audio feed just ended as Coach Shondell was coming to the broadcast table for postgame remarks with Kyle. Geez!

Purdue loses 0-3 sets. The match point was on a called net violation against the Boilers that Dave challenged and (I guess) the ref agreed there was not a net violation but that we lost the point on a touch (which was not even the issue until the challenge).

Nevertheless Purdue should have never been in that situation since at one point they were up 24-18. Yep, they lost 6 straight set points.

Not Purdue’s best night. We were outhit and out defended.

And BTW, the ACC announcers were incredibly biased but i kind of expected that.

I did not even see her on the side. Did she even travel with the team?
I am in the dark too. I listened to the ACC announcers and was not surprised they did not say anything. But I would think that Kyle would have on his broadcast if she was injured.

Absolutely agree it was not Purdue’s best outing. Gave up 5 set points in a row. Gotta be better than that at closing out.
Not the end of the world by any means, they’ll learn from this and move on
Yeah, looking at the stats we really played poorly. The team for the match hit only 0.139% vs 0.317% for Louisville and 18 errors compared to 10 for them. And only FOUR blocks compared to their 7. You can’t win games like that.

Hopefully we will rebound tomorrow against Xavier.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
I am in the dark too. I listened to the ACC announcers and was not surprised they did not say anything. But I would think that Kyle would have on his broadcast if she was injured.
I wasn’t able to tune in til the early minutes of Set 2, but did not hear any mention from Kyle Shondell about Koch not being there. I don’t think she played much, if at all, in the last game against Milwaukee either? Hope she’s not injured

Coach and all associated with Purdue Volleyball are tight lipped about injuries, leaves fans in the dark, it was like this last year with Jael.

Yes. I am sure he will get questions about it at his presser on Monday.

Better to have injuries now than at tournament time.

Yes. I am sure he will get questions about it at his presser on Monday.

Better to have injuries now than at tournament time.

So probably like many of you I was watching the FB game and only followed the VB game with the “live stats” updates. But Purdue pretty handily dispatched Xavier 3-0 with all team members getting some game minutes (except Koch who seems to have not made the trip.)

Hudson and Hornung were selected for the All-Tournament team. Hudson had 21 kills and hit 0.475% to add to her 17 kills against Louisville. So for the weekend she had over 6 kills/set. Has any freshman started her career with those kind of stats?

So probably like many of you I was watching the FB game and only followed the VB game with the “live stats” updates. But Purdue pretty handily dispatched Xavier 3-0 with all team members getting some game minutes (except Koch who seems to have not made the trip.)

Hudson and Hornung were selected for the All-Tournament team. Hudson had 21 kills and hit 0.475% to add to her 17 kills against Louisville. So for the weekend she had over 6 kills/set. Has any freshman started her career with those kind of stats?
Unheard of at the OH position!! .475%!!!! She is gonna be a fun one to watch. She is also a stud in the backrow! Looking forward to her going up against the B1G competition. You add Chloe to her next year too!!!!!!!

Ohio State, despite having only a 3-3 record, may be the team to beat in the B1G. This weekend they beat #10 BYU 3-0 and #5 Georgia Tech 3-1. Last weekend they also beat the #3 Louisville team (that Purdue lost to) 3-1. Before that they lost twice to #2 Texas and once to #15 San Diego. What a tough schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT