ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball at Wisconsin

Well Wisconsin SHOULD be very good at volleyball. They could roll out an entire front court of prior year All Big Ten first/second team performers awarded the distinction at a different Big Ten school (total of 5 returning All Big Ten counting Robinson and Orzol). Wisconsin doesn’t have to worry about developing players and building depth to step in as players graduate. They just fill gaps with all conference transfers.

Well Wisconsin SHOULD be very good at volleyball. They could roll out an entire front court of prior year All Big Ten first/second team performers awarded the distinction at a different Big Ten school (total of 5 returning All Big Ten counting Robinson and Orzol). Wisconsin doesn’t have to worry about developing players and building depth to step in as players graduate. They just fill gaps with all conference transfers.
Rules are the same for everyone, if that’s what Wisky wants to do so be it. Purdue might have been wise to look for a transfer last off-season up front, they chose not to.

Rules are the same for everyone, if that’s what Wisky wants to do so be it. Purdue might have been wise to look for a transfer last off-season up front, they chose not to.
I completely agree about the rules being the same for everyone, and to each his own. I have no idea why Shondell didn’t seek front court help in the portal, but will hazard a guess that he is more into building a program thru high school recruits and player development versus what amounts to buying a championship accumulating all conference transfers. Just my view, and I for one admire his approach.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
I completely agree about the rules being the same for everyone, and to each his own. I have no idea why Shondell didn’t seek front court help in the portal, but will hazard a guess that he is more into building a program thru high school recruits and player development versus what amounts to buying a championship accumulating all conference transfers. Just my view, and I for one admire his approach.
I do as well, still think adding a transfer up front might have been wise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT