ADVERTISEMENT

Very good win last night

BBG

All-American
Jun 18, 2001
Global
www.beeradvocate.com
So I admit it, after brewing some new beer here recently, I tapped a keg and drank until I fell asleep at about halftime.

Shut up! :)

Anyway... i watched some highlights and comments after the game and as a Painter fence-sitter I will be the first to give him credit for a well coached game. I saw adjustments, different plays and being aggressive and that is what will get us success and I hope he keeps it up.

I'm not going to get into the grady thoughts on here because I don't think it will do any good and in my eyes he has earned his spot. Wheeler is going to be a complete stud for us and while it may not be this year, his time will come next and beyond. But you can certainly see the development of the youngsters coming along which has me stoked for the future.

Another thing I just read about is I think we now have the hardest schedule in all of the land. While our record should be better, I am not going to be too critical about it because it was so difficult. That is how you build champions.

I am not going to get out my pom poms here and I will stay realistic, but I am also not going to nitpick the team when they just pulled off a tough win. It was a very good victory that I hope we continue to build on.

Now if you all don't mind keeping it down..... my liver is revolting......

Yeah, I fell asleep shortly after halftime as well. Wisco was taking the game over and we looked like a one man team on offense. Clearly I missed out. LOL I'll be reading some threads to figure out how this went down. I hate missing a road win.

Reactions: BBG
Yeah, I fell asleep shortly after halftime as well. Wisco was taking the game over and we looked like a one man team on offense. Clearly I missed out. LOL I'll be reading some threads to figure out how this went down. I hate missing a road win.

Wisconsin had 1 big run in the 1st half that we countered. That run had a lot to do with Haarms' phantom offensive foul and subsequent technical. The 2nd half was more of Purdue controlling until Trice hit 2 3s to save them. If not for those two shots I might argue that Wisconsin was more of the 1-man team last night.

Wisconsin had 1 big run in the 1st half that we countered. That run had a lot to do with Haarms' phantom offensive foul and subsequent technical. The 2nd half was more of Purdue controlling until Trice hit 2 3s to save them. If not for those two shots I might argue that Wisconsin was more of the 1-man team last night.
So watched the second half in full and was very impressed with not only the coaching but Tre adjusting. With Dow I can see him shifting to the 4 to play alongside Haarms which would just be a killer combo I would think.

So I admit it, after brewing some new beer here recently, I tapped a keg and drank until I fell asleep at about halftime.

Shut up! :)

Anyway... i watched some highlights and comments after the game and as a Painter fence-sitter I will be the first to give him credit for a well coached game. I saw adjustments, different plays and being aggressive and that is what will get us success and I hope he keeps it up.

I'm not going to get into the grady thoughts on here because I don't think it will do any good and in my eyes he has earned his spot. Wheeler is going to be a complete stud for us and while it may not be this year, his time will come next and beyond. But you can certainly see the development of the youngsters coming along which has me stoked for the future.

Another thing I just read about is I think we now have the hardest schedule in all of the land. While our record should be better, I am not going to be too critical about it because it was so difficult. That is how you build champions.

I am not going to get out my pom poms here and I will stay realistic, but I am also not going to nitpick the team when they just pulled off a tough win. It was a very good victory that I hope we continue to build on.

Now if you all don't mind keeping it down..... my liver is revolting......

Rookie. Amateur.

Re Wheeler . . . welcome to the bandwagon. Yes, he will be a stud. And, he needed that RS year. Look out for the future.

Reactions: BBG
As one who admittedly fell off the bandwagon earlier this year, kudos to those who have remained steady throughout the season. Enjoy a nice road win and feel free to rub our noses in it. I'm happy to be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT