ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Bracketology

Mar 13, 2008
Louisville, KY
Lunardi still has us on the last 4 in. 11 seed in the West (along with Cincy as the 11 seed).

BYU as now moved up to last 4 as well. Illinois is 1st 4 out, our last home game may determine who's dancing.
We need to beat Sparty and put this to rest.

This post was edited on 3/2 11:40 AM by BoilerinLouisville

We have three wins vs the "Last Four Byes".

Awesome.
mad.r191677.gif

Re: Watch for tournament upsets!

The last four in are subject to conference upsets.

Wait until tomorrow evening. IU is among his last four byes. They have moved down to a 10. They play Iowa in Bloomington.

I think Iowa get them. We gave McCaffrey the game plan to beat them even there. Fran is a good coach. I think that Iowa's size will win there. If so, IU should drop into the last four in range and Purdue is likely to move up.

If Iu loses, I am sure that you will hear the howls ifrom Bloomington n Lousiville.

Lunardi is likely offbase here. The consensus of other predictors say we are a 9 or 10 seed right now.

Lunardi seems to really want to penalize us more for the North Florida and Gardner-Webb losses than other predictors do.

I wish our road games were flip flopped so we played Michigan State before Ohio State. MSU is probably more of a realistic win and OSU more of a "bonus" situation. But having lost to OSU, there's almost a bit of pressure to beat MSU now. And if we lose to MSU, Illinois becomes a must win.

We need to win one of these games to not be sweating it.

This may not be popular logic, but I actually wouldn't necessarily mind not getting a double-bye in terms of securing a bid in the NCAA Tournament. Being a 5 seed for example, you get to play the 12/13 seed, and then if you win that you play the 4 seed.

That being said, I'll take whatever we get and it also avoids the potentially disastrous upset against one of those bad teams. I definitely would like to avoid Northwestern.

the tournament selection committee will be scared to death to leave crean out of the tournament

it doesn't matter what happens, iu will be in.

you don't want crean coming after you ... i'll tell ya that right now

I can't wait to see BooBoo drive through the lane, throw a stiffarm with the left and come up with both eyes poked out by Woodbury!!!

hahahhaha

woodbury wont pull that on toms team... maybe against the purdues and marylands of the world, where their coach isn't a physical specimen... pull that on tom and he will be on top of you having his way with your lifeless body

How upset will....

How upset will a 5 or 6 seed be when they have to play an 11 seed and 3rd place B1G team in the tourney. Seems to me they would be saying how can this be.

Re: How upset will....

Originally posted by gelesen:
How upset will a 5 or 6 seed be when they have to play an 11 seed and 3rd place B1G team in the tourney. Seems to me they would be saying how can this be.
No kidding. How many years is the 3rd best team in a power conference on the bubble? It's funny, really, but I won't be worried unless we somehow manage to lose our next two. We're better than both MSU and the Illini - now let's play like it. MSU has a few home losses already and everyone else - except pathetic-outside-Assembly-Hall IU - has played them closely there.

Originally posted by SDBoiler1:

Lunardi is likely offbase here. The consensus of other predictors say we are a 9 or 10 seed right now.

Lunardi seems to really want to penalize us more for the North Florida and Gardner-Webb losses than other predictors do.
I'm starting to think he's flawed too.

Originally posted by Cleanface:

Originally posted by SDBoiler1:

I'm starting to think he's flawed too.
I agree. Lunardi = 50% some obscure RPI math + 50% reputation from previous year. He probably had us in the tournament 3 years ago, the year after Hummel graduated, just based on what we did the year before.

I doubt his brackets reflect what the committee would actually pick today.

(No signature smiley, in respect of Cleanface's dislike of them)

You think his latest bracketology figures in how teams finished last year? Yes, his Nov 12 bracketology did, but it's March 2nd. No way in hell is last year apart of any of this.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

To be fair, since there's more than Lunardi...

USA Today:
-Purdue is an 11 seed (not last 4 in)
-Illinois is not one of the first 4 out
-IU and MSU are both 8 seeds

CBS:
-Purdue is a 10 seed
-Illinois last 4 in
-MSU is an 8 seed
-IU is a 7 seed (THAT is absurd)

Sports Illustrated:
-Purdue a 10 seed (not that this matters, has us playing St. John's)
-Illinois 11 seed (last four in)
-Michigan State a 9 seed
-Indiana a 7 seed (again, don't understand)
-Iowa is an 8 seed

Fox Sports:
-Purdue is a 10 seed
-Illinois is an 11 seed (last 4 in)
-IU is an 8 seed
-Michigan State is a 9 seed
-Iowa is an 8 seed

Yahoo:
-Purdue is a 9 seed
-IU/MSU are 8 seeds
-Iowa is a 10 seed
-Illinois is out of the tourney