ADVERTISEMENT

Two things lost this game

1) Edey losing his head and chirping to get his second foul in the first half. He's chirped before and this time it got called. Keep your head. 2) Sloppy passes in the second half, to many lackadaisical passes. – Play like this and we lose in round 2.
I am not sure why Edey and Smith seemed so emotional today but both seemed out of sorts.

1) Edey losing his head and chirping to get his second foul in the first half. He's chirped before and this time it got called. Keep your head. 2) Sloppy passes in the second half, to many lackadaisical passes. – Play like this and we lose in round 2.
Round 2? LOL

Painter and our style of big man and nothing else lost this game and it will lose early in march madness again.

And we will then do the same shit next year with ZERO adjustments
Go smoke a bowl or take a drink. Calm down. Dumb turnovers and missed free throws lost this game. Nothing else. Edey makes the 2nd free throw at the end of the game and they need a 3 to tie. Calm down.

Go smoke a bowl or take a drink. Calm down. Dumb turnovers and missed free throws lost this game. Nothing else. Edey makes the 2nd free throw at the end of the game and they need a 3 to tie. Calm down.
Why are you even pointing thisnout as if we all dont know this?

What games in March in the last few years have we not lost because of missed fts and or lots of turnovers?

You point these out as if we lost because someone had to play with no shoes just socks, like its some random never to happen again happen stance.

Instead we lost because of the issues that have shown up over the last month, the same things that also show up every March. You forgot to also mention the only 5 threes we made today.. same as yesterday.

Again, same issues every March.

Reactions: Grob13

What games in March in the last few years have we not lost because of missed fts and or lots of turnovers?

You point these out as if we lost because someone had to play with no shoes just socks, like its some random never to happen again happen stance.

Instead we lost because of the issues that have shown up over the last month, the same things that also show up every March. You forgot to also mention the only 5 threes we made today.. same as yesterday.

Dang, why do we even bother to play? I think we should just turn down the tourney invite and stay at home like the losers.

C'mon man. Surely your entire life doesn't hinge on every Purdue win or loss? Take a deep breath.

It's better that this team takes a bitter loss now rather than in the tournament, right? Maybe this was the wakeup call the team needed. This is a great opportunity for the guys to rebound, regroup, and kick ass in the NCAAT.

I have been thinking this team will either lose the 2nd game or the sweet 16 game for about 2 months now. They arent playing near as well as early in the year. Been playing with fire for a while now. Completely gave this game away as they have done many times in march. Had numerous opportunities to win this game and blew everyone of em. I dont know why it happens but its predictable with Painter teams.

Reactions: krazychicagod
C'mon man. Surely your entire life doesn't hinge on every Purdue win or loss? Take a deep breath.

It's better that this team takes a bitter loss now rather than in the tournament, right? Maybe this was the wakeup call the team needed. This is a great opportunity for the guys to rebound, regroup, and kick ass in the NCAAT.
I sure hope so. And ya our complaining here csnt change anything, but neither can being in denial about our team and personally attacking people as fake fans doesnt either and just looks incredibly stupid

I have been thinking this team will either lose the 2nd game or the sweet 16 game for about 2 months now. They arent playing near as well as early in the year. Been playing with fire for a while now. Completely gave this game away as they have done many times in march. Had numerous opportunities to win this game and blew everyone of em. I dont know why it happens but its predictable with Painter teams.
Up 3 under a min in regulation AND OT and still lost.

The % chance of winning in each scenario is likely over 90%... and the 10% happened twice in the same game... thats what? Like a 1% chance of overcoming two separate 3 pt deficits with less than a min to go?

And yet we have all seen this happen SO MANY TIMES

It is better to take the bitter loss now, but turnovers have been an issue all year. Unfortunately that has not improved.

Reactions: A. Ness
Painter and our style of big man and nothing else lost this game and it will lose early in march madness again.

And we will then do the same shit next year with ZERO adjustments
Sorry, your analysis is very general, nothing specific. What adjustment would you havev had him make?

This tourney means everything to teams except us for seeding.

Reactions: Old Gold n Black

No. Turnovers have not been an issue or missed free throws lately. Nice try. And pretty sure we were on a 6 or 7 game win streak before this.

I thought last year’s loss in the first round was supposed to our wake up call. I guess it’s just too long ago And too far away to remember or have an impact. It appears Purdue has learned nothing from any of their losses or that any of them have been a motivational factor. Look at our first game against northwestern. We played without any motivation to avenge last year’s loss, And we lost again.

No. Turnovers have not been an issue or missed free throws lately. Nice try. And pretty sure we were on a 6 or 7 game win streak before this.
What?!?! How many turnovers did we ha e against the 16 seed team last year?? How many against St. Peters the year before?

Don't squelch the comments it is quite a study on humanity. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
I thought last year’s loss in the first round was supposed to our wake up call. I guess it’s just too long ago And too far away to remember or have an impact. It appears Purdue has learned nothing from any of their losses or that any of them have been a motivational factor. Look at our first game against northwestern. We played without any motivation to avenge last year’s loss, And we lost again.
Dumb passes is leading to turnovers and missing timely free throws is what cost us. Nothing else. Don't make stupid passes and it's an easy win. Simple as that.

Reactions: Schnelk
They won every 50.50 ball....How many passes rolled off our players hands/bodies? We also made a dude who averages 8 points look like a first team all American...Also not sure why TKR sits in the second half

Reactions: Old Gold n Black
Turnovers have been an issue for this team for as long as I can remember. There are games with low turnovers sprinkled in but this is not some out of no where issue. Wow
This is silly. Is this the first game you watched this year? Box scores for all past games are available online.

This game was an outlier, and it led to the loss.

• Love
Reactions: Boiler Buck
I agree 2 things lost this game but not these. 1) missed free throws and 2) Lance Jones not being able to guard or block out anybody.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT