ADVERTISEMENT

Tweet to show how far recruiting has come

Purdue is now ranked 4th in the BIG 10 and 21st nationally. These last two additions pulled up our average player ranking as well. UW and Nebraska only have 12 and 14 commits respectively, so I expect they will improve their rankings down the road.

Looking outside the Purdue recruiting box, it has been a huge year for recruiting in the BIG 10 from top to bottom! The BIG 10 has 6 teams I n the top 25, and 11 I n the top 50. WOW !

Looking down the road, we're at 21 commits. That's pretty close to our limit, so our overall ranking won't increase much more unless we lose some of our lower ranked commits and add some additional studs which is very likely.

Admittedly, some schools will rise as they add players, but I can see Purdue ending up with a top 25 national recruiting team ranking. When was the last time that happened?

Purdue is now ranked 4th in the BIG 10 and 21st nationally. These last two additions pulled up our average player ranking as well. UW and Nebraska only have 12 and 14 commits respectively, so I expect they will improve their rankings down the road.

Looking down the road, we're at 21 commits. That's pretty close to our limit, so our overall ranking won't increase much more unless we lose some of our lower ranked commits and add some additional studs which is very likely.

Admittedly, some schools will rise as they add players, but I can see Purdue ending up with a top 25 national recruiting team ranking. When was the last time that happened?

Tiller did it in the late 90s before rivals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT