ADVERTISEMENT

Try That in a Small Town

Laramie metropolitan area is over 35 k. Not really a small town. Also, the 2 killers were apprehended in less than 36 hours. Convicted of murder and sentenced to life in well under a year of the crime. I don’t believe they got out on no cash bail. Their girlfriends were also convicted for the roles in a cover up the crime. Not a bad performance by law enforcement and the non-Soros prosecutor huh? Bet some big city families of murder victims wish they got the same results.
35k is a small town. At least compared to Aldean’s home of Macon. Neat. Only took you only one post to bring up your boogeyman. Lmfao.

35k is a small town. At least compared to Aldean’s home of Macon. Neat. Only took you only one post to bring up your boogeyman. Lmfao.
You are “LMFAO” because you have no response. I understand the purpose of the Twitter post. Unfortunately it is a complete falsehood because the police investigation resulted in the determination and confession that the incident was not a hate crime and rather a robbery gone bad. There is also some who believe it was a failed drug deal based upon the history of the perps. But that is unproven. Did they target him cuz he was gay? Possibly, but it was the opportunity to get him alone. The murder was just that, a robbery murder. Would you be happy if instead it was a single straight woman they got drunk and coaxed out of the bar?

But let’s accept your premise it was a hate crime. And a small town. Isnt that what the song is saying? “Try that in a small town”? The crime happened and community members came to help and provide justice for Matthew? The lone biker who found him and hunted down a house to call for help? The home owner who assisted? The first responders and doctors? The witnesses who came forward (a major problem in big blue cities). The detail provided by the bar tender to assist conviction? The law enforcement who investigated? The judicial system who aggressively punished? All this by a deep deep red community for a gay man in the 90s.

So actually thanks. You decision to amplify this dumbass social commentator proves the point of the song. Don’t try shit in small town because regardless of your victim you will pay.

Yep a .243 Remington 700 bolt action.
How about 300 grains from a 45-70 at 2800 ft/sec.
I love my Henry 45-70 lever action but I need one of these.

OMG...I have a Marlin 45-70 that has never been shot. My .243 has been shot maybe 10 times? Enough for an 8 pt and scope sighting...about the same for my .308 for a 10 pt. The 45-70, AR, Berreta shotgun and 6.5 creedmore have never been shot ...yet.

OMG...I have a Marlin 45-70 that has never been shot. My .243 has been shot maybe 10 times? Enough for an 8 pt and scope sighting...about the same for my .308 for a 10 pt. The 45-70, AR, Berreta shotgun and 6.5 creedmore have never been shot ...yet.
Can you imagine a US Calvary soldier shooting that while on a horse. The 45-70 was the US Calvary issued rifle for a number of years.
Those guys weighed all of 145 pounds soaking wet.
It's fun to shoot and real accurate. It has the Octagon Barrell.
With Iron sights I can keep a pattern, inside a paper plate, at 200 yards.

You are “LMFAO” because you have no response. I understand the purpose of the Twitter post. Unfortunately it is a complete falsehood because the police investigation resulted in the determination and confession that the incident was not a hate crime and rather a robbery gone bad. There is also some who believe it was a failed drug deal based upon the history of the perps. But that is unproven. Did they target him cuz he was gay? Possibly, but it was the opportunity to get him alone. The murder was just that, a robbery murder. Would you be happy if instead it was a single straight woman they got drunk and coaxed out of the bar?

But let’s accept your premise it was a hate crime. And a small town. Isnt that what the song is saying? “Try that in a small town”? The crime happened and community members came to help and provide justice for Matthew? The lone biker who found him and hunted down a house to call for help? The home owner who assisted? The first responders and doctors? The witnesses who came forward (a major problem in big blue cities). The detail provided by the bar tender to assist conviction? The law enforcement who investigated? The judicial system who aggressively punished? All this by a deep deep red community for a gay man in the 90s.

So actually thanks. You decision to amplify this dumbass social commentator proves the point of the song. Don’t try shit in small town because regardless of your victim you will pay.
Oh yeah? Ahmaud Arbery just went jogging in a small town. That didn’t work out well for him.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
For some reason there is a tiny minute segment of wacko leftist that thinks this song is racist and is a pro-lychning song?

The violent images in the video do shame the far radical left. And IMO they should be embarrassed by them....so I understand why calling them out is upsetting to their delicate persona.

I have read the lyrics. Nothing racist or pro-lychning there. So I sure the left is reaching deep on this one. LOL

But me.......I love this song. Enjoy!
You say that you read the lyrics and see no racist or pro lynching in the song. I pasted the write up on the Ahmad Arberry case to remind you. Didn’t Travis and Gregory McMichael do exactly what the lyrics in “Try This in a Small Town? What is different in the lyrics of the song and what the McMichaels did? Arberry did not even commit a crime. Nor did Arberry make it far down the road. The McMichaels followed the lyrics to this song verbatim.

Can you imagine a US Calvary soldier shooting that while on a horse. The 45-70 was the US Calvary issued rifle for a number of years.
Those guys weighed all of 145 pounds soaking wet.
It's fun to shoot and real accurate. It has the Octagon Barrell.
With Iron sights I can keep a pattern, inside a paper plate, at 200 yards.
No, and I can't imagine soldiers walking 13 miles or so...some without shoes and then engaging in battle in July with mid 90s heat while wearing wool...carrying about 35 pounds and weighing 135. I'm at the point everything has scopes for me to see...except some 22s, pistols and shotguns...and the 45-70 ;) I haven't even shot my Sig AR yet. Put an Eagle Strike Vortex on it that is illuminated where I can see open field AND through the scope. Had Cabelas bore sight it, but that is it...

Oh yeah? Ahmaud Arbery just went jogging in a small town. That didn’t work out well for him.
Typical response. You chose a single incident that happened and scream "See, all small town folk are racist!"
You've been hanging out with BNI too much.
But, 14/55........There's a reason those guys had reason for suspicion (and Arbery shouldn't have tried to fight guys holding guns on him).

You say that you read the lyrics and see no racist or pro lynching in the song. I pasted the write up on the Ahmad Arberry case to remind you. Didn’t Travis and Gregory McMichael do exactly what the lyrics in “Try This in a Small Town? What is different in the lyrics of the song and what the McMichaels did? Arberry did not even commit a crime. Nor did Arberry make it far down the road. The McMichaels followed the lyrics to this song verbatim.

14/55. There's a reason people in a white neighborhood would be concerned with a black guy they don't recognize wandering around a residential construction site.

Last edited:
Typical response. You chose a single incident that happened and scream "See, all small town folk are racist!"
You've been hanging out with BNI too much.
But, 14/55........There's a reason those guys had reason for suspicion (and Arbery shouldn't have tried to fight guys holding guns on him).
Oh I am not surprised you think a POC man should heel to the white man in a small town.

14/55. There's a reason people in a white neighborhood would be concerned with a black guy they don't recognize wandering around a residential construction site.
Well, it appears you removed all doubt.

Last edited:
14/55. A lot of those houses had been burglarized in the recent past. Plus, don't they have Arbery on camera at one of the construction sites where he wasn't supposed to be?
Yeah they do have Arberry on camera inside one of the construction houses. Naturally, you left out they also have a white couple inside the same house on camera. And they have white folks on camera that actually stole some equipment. Arberry did not steal anything the many times he ran through this neighborhood. Secondly, there you go blaming the victim again with your BS about he shouldn’t have fought guys holding a gun at him. Of course he was fighting them. He is fighting for his life. He don’t know who these jackasses are hunting him down. How about the McMichaels calling the police like normal people would. I don’t care if I see someone running down the street with a TV in his arms. I am not going get my gun and try to stop him. I’m calling the cops. Me, you, nor the McMichaels are not trained to engage a perpetrator of a crime. You also failed to mention all of the cover up following this incident. They went thorough at least 2 prosecutors. One reigned if I recall.

Well, following the guidelines outlined in the lyrics of this song, there is one person murdered in cold blood. There are 2 people in prison for life. All could have been avoided just by calling the police. The song mentions nothing about calling law enforcement.

The reason is racism. And you are a racist. How many confederate flags do you hang in your yard?

Not related.....in most normal people's minds. If you read the case & thought this was REMOTELY similar to the song, please seek mental help.

Not related.....in most normal people's minds. If you read the case & thought this was REMOTELY similar to the song, please seek mental help.
Didn’t the McMichaels try to take care of there own?

Didn’t Arberry cross the line, in the minds of the McMichaels?

Didn’t Arberry not get far down the road because the McMichaels murdered him.

Instead of showing footage of the so called BLM riots in the video, video production should have shown the video the McMichaels murdering Arberry. This should also answer Riveting’s question on whether lynchings still exists.

Didn’t the McMichaels try to take care of there own?

Didn’t Arberry cross the line, in the minds of the McMichaels?

Didn’t Arberry not get far down the road because the McMichaels murdered him.

Instead of showing footage of the so called BLM riots in the video, video production should have shown the video the McMichaels murdering Arberry. This should also answer Riveting’s question on whether lynchings still exists.

Again seek mental help.... Seriously.

Answer the questions.

You somehow in that race centric bigoted mind of yours have equated a peaceful jogger with violent, burning, looters.

I do thank you for posting the case. I found it very sad, but extremely interesting. But still totally unrelated. If you still think it does relate, seek professional help.

Brunswick GA? Do you even know where that is? It’s the county seat of Glynn GA? You know. The Federal government’s national LEO training center? Glynco Georgia? An area of 100k and a few miles from St Simon and Jekyll Island tourists area. Small town? Not exactly, but keep regurgitating whatever Twitter posts you are getting because I am “lmfao.”

Now do Chicago. 36 murders this month prior to this weekend. Mostly black victims. How many will result in a prosecution and/or significant prison time? Very few. And the body counts will add up every weekend but you’ll ignore because those lives are expendable unless they can serve a narrative.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
You somehow in that race centric bigoted mind of yours have equated a peaceful jogger with violent, burning, looters.

I do thank you for posting the case. I found it very sad, but extremely interesting. But still totally unrelated. If you still think it does relate, seek professional help.
I’m just pointing out what happens when you have vigilante justice or street justice as someone said. The song lyrics clearly points that out. When common folk goes out and seek someone that committed a crime. Then end up killing the perpetrator with no trial and jury. That is lynching.

Brunswick GA? Do you even know where that is? It’s the county seat of Glynn GA? You know. The Federal government’s national LEO training center? Glynco Georgia? An area of 100k and a few miles from St Simon and Jekyll Island tourists area. Small town? Not exactly, but keep regurgitating whatever Twitter posts you are getting because I am “lmfao.”

Now do Chicago. 36 murders this month prior to this weekend. Mostly black victims. How many will result in a prosecution and/or significant prison time? Very few. And the body counts will add up every weekend but you’ll ignore because those lives are expendable unless they can serve a narrative.
Do I know where Brunswick, a city of 15k is? Is that what you are asking me? A city with corrupt prosecutor and LEO? That’s like 40 minutes north of me?

Then what is it?
A killing. The dude people he killed didn’t commit a crime that the killer felt the need to hunt them down and kill them without the trial and jury.

Now since Longmore is on the lam. If someone rounds takes it upon themselves or rounds up a posse, finds and kills him, then that is lynching.

I’m just pointing out what happens when you have vigilante justice or street justice as someone said. The song lyrics clearly points that out. When common folk goes out and seek someone that committed a crime. Then end up killing the perpetrator with no trial and jury. That is lynching.

Except you are overlooking one very KEY ELEMENT.....all mixed up in your bigoted race centric mind......there are NO obvious criminals who are caught red handed burning, pillaging & looting here in your posted story.

So not close, not vaguely related to the song - again I recommend you speak to a professional about this to help you.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PUBV
So, tell me what have I said that offends whites people?

Offend white people??......right there pointing out you somehow think whites think differently than people of other races. Geez!

Secondly you say things that offend people of ALL races quite often..... primarily when you are using derogatory language about those in your own race that think conservatively. You do not seem to know how bigoted you are, and apparently think you are immune from that because you are black, by how freely you use derogatory language toward people of your own race. Perhaps discuss this too @ counseling.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Oh I am not surprised you think a POC man should heel to the white man in a small town.

Well, it appears you removed all doubt.
when someone is holding you at gunpoint, is the smart move to fight the guy (actually, 2 guys had him at gun point)? I don't think so. Same reason fighting with cops usually has a bad outcome for the perp.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
The reason is racism. And you are a racist. How many confederate flags do you hang in your yard?
C'mon man. You know me better than that. And, you know that calling me a racist doesn't bother me. I'm a realist, a pragmatist and someone willing to speak the hard, uncomfortable truth, even when it hurts. 14/55.

• Haha
There y’all go again, call me racist for pointing out racism. That is called transference. So, tell me what have I said that offends whites people?
BNI....oh BNI....Everything with you comes down to race. And I mean, EVERYTHING.
Black guy gets shot? Racism
Didn't vote for Obama? Racism
Black guy loses job? Racism.
Kid not getting enough PT on the basketball team? Racism.

Shall I continue?

At least when I point out issues related to race, I use facts, figures and statistics (which are all true) to support my position. You use emotion and whatever you hear on MSNBC or Urban radio as truth. Still though, 14/55.

First of all I’m not a spokesman for black America. I rather refer to giving a perspective on these topics we discuss from a black person’s point of view.

Anyhow there were a little chatter about the song this week on the urban channel on SiriusXM. My guy, Joe Madison didn’t bring that topic up at all. Some of the other shows talked about the song a bit and then moved on.

The problem with the song like Boiler Buck mentioned is the choice of the location and back drop in the video for one. Two, the lyrics has some lines that a lot of folks seem as a dog whistle for lynching. Combined with the aforementioned 1927 lynching of Henry Choate. The lyrics talks about some of the recent events particularly blacks have been involved in like the riots, police involvement, car jackings etc. Then the chorus follows with the following:
“Well, try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
Around here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won't take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don't Try that in a small town”

That chorus is interpreted as a dog whistle for vigilante violence if any of that stuff is done, seemingly by black folks in their town.
Only a stupid person that has to try to find something where it doesn't exist would think that's a dog whistle.

There you have it. I knew a racist like you would say something like that. Therein lies the problem with this song. Attitudes like that is why many correctly perceive the song as racist. Attitudes like that has gotten many black people lynched. Attitudes like that is what got Henry Choate lynched in 1927 in the very same scene in the video. Attitudes like yours is what sent a 14 year old boy from Chicago to the bottom of the Chattahouchie River. This video and was released recently and y’all wonder why black people still talk about racism.
How is there any racism at all in what he said? Most of the people doing the rioting and damage are rich white lefties. Get your mind out of the race baiting world for a while. Might make you a tad more sane.

The killings of unarmed black people by police. Take your pic which one. Most of these aren’t national news like George Floyd.

At least the perpetrators were convicted in the news report below. Most of the lynching perpetrators during Jim Crow were not arrested, let alone convicted. Matter of fact, the lynchings were a family and town event. They brought their wives and children to the town square to witness a castrated black man hanged from a tree.

ALL shootings of unarmed black people but maybe 1 in a year have everything to do with those people resisting/fighting the police. That's not a lynching. That's justified.

It's way more of a lynching than what you tried to bring up. Only reason why you think your example is better is because it's by official people of the state. The facts don't support your theory though.
So how is it a lynching? If the killer somehow thought that the victims did something to him and he decided to take it upon himself to get revenge, then perhaps it could be some sort of lynching.

So how is it a lynching? If the killer somehow thought that the victims did something to him and he decided to take it upon himself to get revenge, then perhaps it could be some sort of lynching.
I didn't say it was one, but it's more of one than your examples. That's what I said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT