ADVERTISEMENT

Trumps tax documents were released. Now what?

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
The dems have been falling all over themselves crying about seeing Trumps tax returns. Now that they've seen them, what did they learn?

Moron. Every other President already releases their tax returns.
I'm sure you were one of the lefty libs with the pitch fork and torch screaming for Trumps tax returns to be released because MSNBC told you he was cheating on his taxes (or funded by Russia, or something else Pelosi and Schiff made up).
So again, I ask...now that they're available, what should he be charged with?

Moron. Every other President already releases their tax returns.
Why does it matter? We aren't the IRS. If he did something illegal, then that's up to them. This whole thing was just another non issue to get people like you all up in arms. Trump even said that he didn't pay much in taxes during the 2016 debates. That doesn't make him a criminal. It doesn't make him a bad person either. It just means that he took advantage of the law. If you don't like it, then advocate for changing the law.

Stop letting Democrats lead you by the nose on what you should be mad about. Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to...

Yeah, I've never understood the point. The only thing it will really show you is if they have a good accountant doing them or not.
Maybe the point was to keep the attention of many that they were going to find supporting evidence to what they knew was a Russian hoax that Trump's Russia probe had merit even though they knew it didn't for the election and to keep their base going. Control the media and promote the narrative desired and you affect those that really did vote. Right now they are pro-police...

BTW...looky here at California you no longer need to be a citizen to be a policeman...what could possible go wrong?

Existing law, with certain exceptions, prohibits a person who is not a citizen of the United States from being appointed as a member of the California Highway Patrol.
This bill would remove that prohibition, and would make conforming changes.

SB-960 Public employment: peace officers: citizenship.

• Wow
Reactions: SKYDOG
Why does it matter? We aren't the IRS. If he did something illegal, then that's up to them. This whole thing was just another non issue to get people like you all up in arms. Trump even said that he didn't pay much in taxes during the 2016 debates. That doesn't make him a criminal. It doesn't make him a bad person either. It just means that he took advantage of the law. If you don't like it, then advocate for changing the law.

Stop letting Democrats lead you by the nose on what you should be mad about. Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to...
Yep, it is iq35. Always good to keep that in mind before you try to explain even the simplest things to him.

It shows that Trump's returns were not audited as is required by law for every president. It shows that he considers himself above the law. It also shows that he wrote off millions of uncorroborated expenses. It shows that in 3 of those years of released returns he paid less in taxes a year than many of my employees pay in a week. It also shows that he didn't donate his presidential salary as he claimed he was doing. They also show that 3 of the 6 years cited he lost money. They also show a lot of money coming from foreign sources. Hang him and Hunter Biden.

It shows that Trump's returns were not audited as is required by law for every president. It shows that he considers himself above the law. It also shows that he wrote off millions of uncorroborated expenses. It shows that in 3 of those years of released returns he paid less in taxes a year than many of my employees pay in a week. It also shows that he didn't donate his presidential salary as he claimed he was doing. They also show that 3 of the 6 years cited he lost money. They also show a lot of money coming from foreign sources. Hang him and Hunter Biden.
Just Hunter, but not Joe?

The tax system is so broken that it’s beyond ridiculous. I guess if it were fixed there would be a lot of unemployed accountants.

Which of these is illegal?
Which will he be prosecuted and convicted on?

Reactions: Boilermaker03
-Who's fault is it if he wasn't audited as "required by law". Not sure what you're referring to here.

-How is he claiming to be "above the law"? You need to explain this one.

-Again, if he paid less in taxes than his employees, then that's a condemnation of the LAW. Not Trump.

-"It also shows that he didn't donate his presidential salary as he claimed he was doing" Really? This is news to me, though if this is the worst thing you have, this is about the definition of a "nothing burger"

"Hang him and Hunter Biden" You want to hang Trump for following the tax laws? WTF is wrong with you?

Reactions: bonefish1
-Who's fault is it if he wasn't audited as "required by law". Not sure what you're referring to here.

-How is he claiming to be "above the law"? You need to explain this one.

-Again, if he paid less in taxes than his employees, then that's a condemnation of the LAW. Not Trump.

-"It also shows that he didn't donate his presidential salary as he claimed he was doing" Really? This is news to me, though if this is the worst thing you have, this is about the definition of a "nothing burger"

"Hang him and Hunter Biden" You want to hang Trump for following the tax laws? WTF is wrong with you?
WTF is wrong with YOU? You can't see the obvious? Trump put the guy in charge of the IRS. You can't draw a conclusion?
Millions of dollars of unsubstantiated write offs and you are OK with that? Wake up and smell the coffee.
Reagan, Bush 1, Bush 2, Clinton, Obama, Biden have all had their taxes audited while President. IT IS FEDERAL LAW. Trump? Nope. Are you blind?
Trump claimed he was under audit and wasn't. So what is your conclusion there?
You think a multi millionaire paying 0 to $750 for a whole year isn't shady? I own 3 businesses, I use every allowable deduction out there. I pay a hell of a lot more than DJT has been paying. Mitt Romney pays a hell of a lot more than DJT does and he uses every trick in the book as well. If it ends up being legal because of losses, then I am OK with it. However, it looks damned suspicious.
You are OK with him claiming to donate his income and then doesn't? That's your choice. Blatantly lying shows that he probably does the same on his taxes.
I'm guessing you are going to give Hunter and Joe Biden the same passes you allow DJT. LOL I for one am not willing to give any of them a pass.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
WTF is wrong with YOU? You can't see the obvious? Trump put the guy in charge of the IRS. You can't draw a conclusion?
Did he break the law in his taxes? If so, why hasn't the IRS under Biden gone after him?
Millions of dollars of unsubstantiated write offs and you are OK with that? Wake up and smell the coffee.
Reagan, Bush 1, Bush 2, Clinton, Obama, Biden have all had their taxes audited while President. IT IS FEDERAL LAW. Trump? Nope. Are you blind?
Where is this federal law? This is the first I've ever heard of this. Again, if he broke the law, then he should have consequences. Since there are no stories about them going after him for breaking the law, then this is just more political theater for people like you, and you fell right into it.... again.
You think a multi millionaire paying 0 to $750 for a whole year isn't shady? I own 3 businesses, I use every allowable deduction out there. I pay a hell of a lot more than DJT has been paying. Mitt Romney pays a hell of a lot more than DJT does and he uses every trick in the book as well. If it ends up being legal because of losses, then I am OK with it. However, it looks damned suspicious.
You can use all of the deductions in the world and still pay a lot yes, but that's not what he did. He had losses. If you have losses, then you don't pay tax. How can you get taxed on negative income? He didn't break the law. He followed it. Sure it may be a loophole, but it's still the way our tax code is written. Change the law, but don't hate those that are following it.
You are OK with him claiming to donate his income and then doesn't? That's your choice. Blatantly lying shows that he probably does the same on his taxes.
I'm guessing you are going to give Hunter and Joe Biden the same passes you allow DJT. LOL I for one am not willing to give any of them a pass.
I didn't say I was ok with it. Of course I hate that he lied. But lying about donating incomes to charaties are a MASSIVE side step from corruption and being bought and paid for, which is what we fear about Biden. ARE YOU BLIND?

First, auditing the POTUS tax returns did not become law until 2022. Trump was already out of office for 2 years (despite being the priority boogyman for dems).

"IRS policy requires that sitting presidents are audited every year — which has been the case since 1977 — but the terms are outlined in the agency’s regulatory manual, not federal law. The bill at hand would codify those terms into law."

Second: "Millions in unsubstantiated write offs" According to whom? The IRS or you? If the IRS, then I'd expect legal action to follow. When will that happen?

Three: As a small business owner, are you really trying to compare your tax situation with Trump? Do you not think he has the best tax team money can buy and that they're not going to take advantage of every law and loophole possible (legally)? I highly doubt you and your TurboTax software are as sophisticated.

Reactions: Riveting-
First, auditing the POTUS tax returns did not become law until 2022. Trump was already out of office for 2 years (despite being the priority boogyman for dems).

"IRS policy requires that sitting presidents are audited every year — which has been the case since 1977 — but the terms are outlined in the agency’s regulatory manual, not federal law. The bill at hand would codify those terms into law."

Second: "Millions in unsubstantiated write offs" According to whom? The IRS or you? If the IRS, then I'd expect legal action to follow. When will that happen?

Three: As a small business owner, are you really trying to compare your tax situation with Trump? Do you not think he has the best tax team money can buy and that they're not going to take advantage of every law and loophole possible (legally)? I highly doubt you and your TurboTax software are as sophisticated.
First, every president in recent history has been audited except Trump. Draw your own conclusions, I have drawn mine.

Second, the IRS

Third, no, I pay taxes

Which of these is illegal?
Which will he be prosecuted and convicted on?
As long as there is no conviction, you don’t give a flying fck what your elected representatives do, unless they’re a dem. This is a tired excuse.

Why are you defending someone you won’t even vote for?

First, every president in recent history has been audited except Trump. Draw your own conclusions, I have drawn mine.

Second, the IRS

Third, no, I pay taxes
Were they audited because they offered to be or where they audited because they were required by law? Obviously, you're just upset that Trump did something unconventional, yet not illegal.

Second, if you think Trump broke IRS laws, what will he be charged with and when?

Third, you pay taxes probably because you don't understand the ways to avoid paying taxes. Do you feel it's your obligation to give the govt your money? If so, how much?
Do you think the govt is better at handling your money than you are?

As long as there is no conviction, you don’t give a flying fck what your elected representatives do, unless they’re a dem. This is a tired excuse.

Why are you defending someone you won’t even vote for?
I'm defending him because he didn't do anything illegal. Did he use loopholes or take advantage of the tax laws? Absolutely, 100%, as he should.
But, the dems have been telling us for 6 years now that there was overwhelming evidence of law breaking on everything from Russian collusion to Trumps taxes to sexual assualt.
And guess how many things he's been charged with and convicted of? Zero. Zilch. None. Nada. Why? Because there's nothing there! The dems have used a "throw it against the wall and hope something sticks" strategy to pin something, anything on Trump to prove what a bad guy he was, and the only one's who aren't sick of it are people like you and Indy35 who go to bed and wake up mumbling "Trump.....Trump....Trump''

Were they audited because they offered to be or where they audited because they were required by law? Obviously, you're just upset that Trump did something unconventional, yet not illegal.

Second, if you think Trump broke IRS laws, what will he be charged with and when?

Third, you pay taxes probably because you don't understand the ways to avoid paying taxes. Do you feel it's your obligation to give the govt your money? If so, how much?
Do you think the govt is better at handling your money than you are?
The original law requiring presidential audits was passed in 1977 and had been followed under all presidencies except Trump's. Please fact check before you post BS. Requirements have been strengthened because of DJT's administrations blatant avoidance of the requirement. I don't know how to avoid paying taxes? I know every legal way to do it. I pay very good accountants to get me every legal deduction available.

It's obvious that you don't care if Trump breaks the law. In the end it won't matter what you think. Trump's days as an elected official are over.

The original law requiring presidential audits was passed in 1977 and had been followed under all presidencies except Trump's. Please fact check before you post BS. Requirements have been strengthened because of DJT's administrations blatant avoidance of the requirement. I don't know how to avoid paying taxes? I know every legal way to do it. I pay very good accountants to get me every legal deduction available.

It's obvious that you don't care if Trump breaks the law. In the end it won't matter what you think. Trump's days as an elected official are over.
If this correct, you should fact check before you post BS. You should also apologize to bone for being an arrogant jerk, not that I expect you to.

If this correct, you should fact check before you post BS. You should also apologize to bone for being an arrogant jerk, not that I expect you to.

Fact check what? That was the codification of a IRS RULE put in place in 1977 from a House Ways and Means committee recommendation because of what Nixon did. It has been followed by every administration except Trump's. So what am I supposed to apologize for? Saying it was a federal law? Then or now? It is one now because Trump avoided the requirement and congress decided to codify it and strengthen it into federal law to prevent any future president avoiding a tax audit.
Arrogant jerk? I'm just following his and your lead.

Hey dip$hit... check out this link. I don't think you understand the difference between policy and law.

Now....tell me again; What law did Trump break?

Fact check what? That was the codification of a IRS RULE put in place in 1977 from a House Ways and Means committee recommendation because of what Nixon did. It has been followed by every administration except Trump's. So what am I supposed to apologize for? Saying it was a federal law? Then or now? It is one now because Trump avoided the requirement and congress decided to codify it and strengthen it into federal law to prevent any future president avoiding a tax audit.
Again..you don't understand the difference between a "policy" and a "law". Just because every administration did it before Trump doesn't mean squat other than Trump was a contrarian.
Did you skip civics class in high school?

Again..you don't understand the difference between a "policy" and a "law". Just because every administration did it before Trump doesn't mean squat other than Trump was a contrarian.
Did you skip civics class in high school?
I already checked it out "dipshit". I referenced it earlier. You are too wrapped up in defending the indefensible to have read that. Point still stands. Your hero opted out because he is corrupt. You want to cover up and excuse it. Contrarian? LMAO

I already checked it out "dipshit". I referenced it earlier. You are too wrapped up in defending the indefensible to have read that. Point still stands. Your hero opted out because he is corrupt. You want to cover up and excuse it. Contrarian? LMAO
Ok, so show me the reference where it said it was a law before this year.
I'll wait.
You know son, sometimes it's best to just admit defeat and save yourself further ridicule.

Any while we're at it....What illegal tax activity was he engaged in? Again...I'll wait.

Just so I'm clear, you're saying because Trump didn't feel like releasing his personal tax returns (which was not against the law), that makes him corrupt? The only corruption I've seen in your pencil neck hero Schiff doing everything humanly possible to try and pin something on Trump. Unfortunately for the democrats, Trump is much smarter then they are.

Reactions: Riveting-
Any while we're at it....What illegal tax activity was he engaged in? Again...I'll wait.

Just so I'm clear, you're saying because Trump didn't feel like releasing his personal tax returns (which was not against the law), that makes him corrupt? The only corruption I've seen in your pencil neck hero Schiff doing everything humanly possible to try and pin something on Trump. Unfortunately for the democrats, Trump is much smarter then they are.
First of all I'm not a democrat so anything you throw at them doesn't matter to me. Trump's administration is the only one since Nixon to not follow protocol. You are correct that it was not a law prior to the passing of the current law. I read that it was in place since 1977 and assumed it was a law. My error. However, the gist of my complaint is still valid. Trump stepped outside the rules at every turn. He misinformed the public by saying he was under audit when he was not. Even though while being president he should have been according to the 1977 rule.
You call that contrarian and being smart. I call it dishonest. A matter of perspective. In the end we will see who was correct. My guess is that nothing will be done regarding taxes. The Mara lar go documents situation will I believe lead to his prosecution.

It looks like you finally understand what you should apologize to Bone for, not that I would expect an arrogant jerk to do so.

First of all I'm not a democrat so anything you throw at them doesn't matter to me. Trump's administration is the only one since Nixon to not follow protocol. You are correct that it was not a law prior to the passing of the current law. I read that it was in place since 1977 and assumed it was a law. My error. However, the gist of my complaint is still valid. Trump stepped outside the rules at every turn. He misinformed the public by saying he was under audit when he was not. Even though while being president he should have been according to the 1977 rule.
You call that contrarian and being smart. I call it dishonest. A matter of perspective. In the end we will see who was correct. My guess is that nothing will be done regarding taxes. The Mara lar go documents situation will I believe lead to his prosecution.
Since when is “misinforming the public” or being “dishonest” a disqualification for being President?

As Riveting says, I’m awaiting my apology. Make it sincere.

You cannot be convicted of any crime until you are actually charged with committing one! You also cannot be convicted of a crime unless you plead guilty or a trial is conducted. You also can’t be convicted of a crime if you keep using delay tactics to prevent a trial from happening! It’s time for our court system to either charge him with something or move on. It’s also time for trump to stop his delay tactics. If he is innocent surely a trial would prove it!

And it’s the same thing for hunter Biden. The last time I looked, our media was not part of our federal judicial system. If the guy has committed an actual crime, charge him with something and stop all the media sensationalism!

You cannot be convicted of any crime until you are actually charged with committing one! You also cannot be convicted of a crime unless you plead guilty or a trial is conducted. You also can’t be convicted of a crime if you keep using delay tactics to prevent a trial from happening! It’s time for our court system to either charge him with something or move on. It’s also time for trump to stop his delay tactics. If he is innocent surely a trial would prove it!

And it’s the same thing for hunter Biden. The last time I looked, our media was not part of our federal judicial system. If the guy has committed an actual crime, charge him with something and stop all the media sensationalism!
Thanks for stating the obvious, but you forgot something:

You cannot be convicted of a crime if the DoJ covers it up or slow walks it and doesn't bring a case, despite overwhelming evidence provided by family members and others.

I'm still waiting for my apology.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT