ADVERTISEMENT

This Team

Mar 12, 2007
I am a little frustrated about some of what our fans are already saying on threads. THIS TEAM, should all go down as icons in Purdue basketball history. We all wanted a final four, they did even better than that. Now we are hoping some transfer, or questioning Painters game plan, or certain guys aren't athletic enough. DISGUSTING!!

I am a little frustrated about some of what our fans are already saying on threads. THIS TEAM, should all go down as icons in Purdue basketball history. We all wanted a final four, they did even better than that. Now we are hoping some transfer, or questioning Painters game plan, or certain guys aren't athletic enough. DISGUSTING!!
Who is hoping some transfer? I don't think I've seen anyone hope for that. I think 99% of basketball people knew Uconn was way more athletic at every position except for center. Not sure where you are reading stuff.

Who is hoping some transfer? I don't think I've seen anyone hope for that. I think 99% of basketball people knew Uconn was way more athletic at every position except for center. Not sure where you are reading stuff.

Not a lot of post history with op...

Reactions: Do Dah Day
This team has been great and potential stepping stone to what the next stage would be for paint and staff. We saw what we need to be able to compete to win a championship…you either am have a generational 7 footer OR you get long, athletic guards and wings who can all score from everywhere, create their own shot.

I believe with the incoming class, that’s exactly where painter is trying to get to.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

This team was very special, not just as ball players, but quality individuals. I don't mind people talking basketball, but when they start going over the edge it gets a bit silly ...and wanting people to transfer...well, that transfer desire is rarely for the benefit of the person they wish would leave. This is a team...a really good start to reload with

I’m sorry but as a life long Purdue fan it bothers me when people just can’t live in reality. And reality is this:

1) We had a guy that couldn’t be stopped, not because he was talented, but because he was just bigger and couldn’t be moved. He perfected the 2 foot hook shot. You can’t replicate that with any 7 footer.

2) The rest of our guys were just bad. I mean let’s be real, what is Braden Smith, Fletcher Loyer, Lance Jones without Zack Edey? I’m afraid we found out last night. UConn normalized Edey and we found out what everyone else was and will be next year.

3) Why were we playing the victim card after the game? That is such a bad look.

4) Everyone is thrilled with this year but truth is we won’t be back here next year. All our success was based on the type of player that just doesn’t come around again. Edey was just like Shaq of college basketball. Doesn’t happen, so this was our chance, and we didn’t do anything to upgrade athleticism with our starting backcourt and therefore were embarrassed.

5) IU has 5 titles and we have zero and that’s what it’s all about and pisses me off we can’t win.

This should piss everyone else off as much as me. Why are we acting like we are hanging a banner for coming close?
Quite a few new accounts being made in the last day or so….interesting.

IU won 5 titles…the first was an 8 team tournament 80 years ago. The second from a 20 team tournament 70 years ago. The latest won from nearly 40 years ago….good for them but they haven’t been competitive on a consistent basis for almost 40 years. I haven’t known IU to be some powerhouse ever in my lifetime. They keep getting swept by northwestern, Penn state and Rutgers and barely make the NCAAT. And when they do, they get dog walked by 30 and 20.

I don’t really care about them, except to laugh at how they hold on to those championships from a long time ago and their biggest thing to cheer for nowadays is watching Purdue be consistently good and hope Purdue loses.

Purdue will may not be a F4 team next year but they for sure will be better than your Hoosiers.

And it’s Zach…with an H, ya troll.

I’m sorry but as a life long Purdue fan it bothers me when people just can’t live in reality. And reality is this:

1) We had a guy that couldn’t be stopped, not because he was talented, but because he was just bigger and couldn’t be moved. He perfected the 2 foot hook shot. You can’t replicate that with any 7 footer.

2) The rest of our guys were just bad. I mean let’s be real, what is Braden Smith, Fletcher Loyer, Lance Jones without Zack Edey? I’m afraid we found out last night. UConn normalized Edey and we found out what everyone else was and will be next year.

4) Everyone is thrilled with this year but truth is we won’t be back here next year. All our success was based on the type of player that just doesn’t come around again. Edey was just like Shaq of college basketball. Doesn’t happen, so this was our chance, and we didn’t do anything to upgrade athleticism with our starting backcourt and therefore were embarrassed.

5) IU has 5 titles and we have zero and that’s what it’s all about and pisses me off we can’t win.

This should piss everyone else off as much as me. Why are we acting like we are hanging a banner for coming close?
Obvious IU fan is obvious you ain’t fooling anyone here bucko

I thought for sure fletch would be able to light up Tristen Newton. Gotta admit I did not see the goose egg coming. Did he have a whoop band on or anything ? Are we positive his heart was beating or was that an animated corpse out there flailing around ?
He lit your Hoosiers up in Bloomington that’s for damn sure. Now go back to the kids table, actual adults are speaking.

Quite a few new accounts being made in the last day or so….interesting.

IU won 5 titles…the first was an 8 team tournament 80 years ago. The second from a 20 team tournament 70 years ago. The latest won from nearly 40 years ago….good for them but they haven’t been competitive on a consistent basis for almost 40 years. I haven’t known IU to be some powerhouse ever in my lifetime. They keep getting swept by northwestern, Penn state and Rutgers and barely make the NCAAT. And when they do, they get dog walked by 30 and 20.

I don’t really care about them, except to laugh at how they hold on to those championships from a long time ago and their biggest thing to cheer for nowadays is watching Purdue be consistently good and hope Purdue loses.

Purdue will may not be a F4 team next year but they for sure will be better than your Hoosiers.

And it’s Zach…with an H, ya troll.
So when you read what you did, does it enter your mind if it takes much energy for that person to act like a dumbass or if it is natural? I can't imagine creating an account and going to another schools forum and illuminating my lack of understanding for the world to see. Prior to the Internet they wouldn't have been called upon...

Reactions: Schnelk
All great points, Backalley.

The one thing I would add:

Every time we hit a shot, even when we are losing, why do we pound our chest, throw our arms up in celebration, act like we’ve just hit game winners with every bucket.

I noticed UConn wasn’t doing any of that as they were kicking the living snot out of us.

Frustrating for sure, I wish we could’ve at least just taken our beating without acting like being down 2 early in the game was a national title win.

Clearly the beating was coming either way, but the way we took it acting like that was embarrassing. I’m embarrassed for this Purdue team.
Boilers don’t need your embarrassment for them, they had a great year. They exemplified class at all levels

Reactions: Schnelk and BBG
All great points, Backalley.

The one thing I would add:

Every time we hit a shot, even when we are losing, why do we pound our chest, throw our arms up in celebration, act like we’ve just hit game winners with every bucket.

I noticed UConn wasn’t doing any of that as they were kicking the living snot out of us.

Frustrating for sure, I wish we could’ve at least just taken our beating without acting like being down 2 early in the game was a national title win.

Clearly the beating was coming either way, but the way we took it acting like that was embarrassing. I’m embarrassed for this Purdue team.
Is the 6th banner still “knocking at the door”?

• Haha
Reactions: idaho_bob
Obvious IU fan is obvious you ain’t fooling anyone here bucko

IU is just hanging around, with their old Coach. They will never be close to hanging anything in the near future.

Class? Fletch doing his large nut gestures, when we know that dude has nothing to dangle is class?

Did you see Tristen Newton doing that as he was cooking our whole team?

Class act from UConn fellas. I hope one day we come to close to their 6 or IUs 5 titles.
UConn has surpassed IU and IU is an afterthought except for IU fans. Maybe you can get more guys like Xavier Johnson who grabs other dudes nuts. Remember when you all thought he should be the best PG in the B1G? How’d that workout for you?

Or how about when you all thought it was amazing the second team was beating the first team in practice and you guys thought that was a good thing? Yall are a joke and everyone’s laughing at you…you just don’t know it yet.

IU is just hanging around, with their old Coach. They will never be close to hanging anything in the near future.
I hope they barely make the tournament again so they can keep extending woody. It’s getting close to a decade now that they haven’t even won their own conference. Been 2 decades since getting past the first weekend.

As Purdue fans, why do we make this argument?

We’ve won nothing in our existence. Sure Indiana has 5 old banners but we are acting those old banners are longer than our existence? Guys it’s not, we haven’t won anything. I can’t even step foot in Assembly Hall because I can’t stand seeing those banners.

And it sucks because that place is so much more prestigious than our dump of a gym and hard bleachers.

Our fans all do these synchronized cheers that make us look so stupid. When are we going to win something?
What does your overlord CourtSense say? “Win big game run to board”…but I guess the first part wouldn’t make sense for IU since they were abused by Nebraska in the last game they played Month ago and also the other 2 they played them. Ah next thing would be, “rent free, you need our validation”.

This troll job is pathetic though.

Troll alert.

We’ve won nothing in our existence. Sure Indiana has 5 old banners but we are acting those old banners are longer than our existence? Guys it’s not, we haven’t won anything. I can’t even step foot in Assembly Hall because I can’t stand seeing those banners.

And it sucks because that place is so much more prestigious than our dump of a gym and hard bleachers.

Our fans all do these synchronized cheers that make us look so stupid. When are we going to win something?
Boiler douche. Appropriate.

Zerotitles must have struck a nerve with a dose of reality.

I challenge all of us boilers to start being real and honest about who we are as a program. It won’t get better until we can do that.

And to be honest, we’ve never won anything, yet we act proud. Even worse we act like our rival hasn’t won anything.

We talk about how long it’s been since they’ve won and hang out hat on that. When in reality, it’s been that long and we’ve been unable to close the gap? What does that say about us, because before they won their titles we still hadn’t won anything. So we go back all those years, and then go back even more years to our founding.

Let’s be honest and get this thing cleaned up. Let’s start closing the gap. I challenge us all to do that. The best program in the state resides in Bloomington. We all know it, the banners prove it, let’s just admit it.

Great points from zerotitles_boilerdouche
Embarrassing troll job…not even done well.

Reactions: BBG

You are idiot! Braden has a good game in the Final. It was a great thing to make the Final 4 and the Final. Go back to your IU board and discuss how you are going to buy a team for next year, you loser.

When will IU quit being a laughingstock? You pay Leal $100,000's of dollars for what, him to sell cars? Woody sets around smoking heaters and sipping bourbon and watching CNN, instead of recruiting. You got the one and only Quinn Buckner calling the shots for your impotent AD. You have not been in Sweet 16 for 10 years and you wanna talk....

Please don't say "we" when it's some stupid moron NON fans trying to piss on your parade.
**CK them. ;)

This team has been great and potential stepping stone to what the next stage would be for paint and staff. We saw what we need to be able to compete to win a championship…you either am have a generational 7 footer OR you get long, athletic guards and wings who can all score from everywhere, create their own shot.

I believe with the incoming class, that’s exactly where painter is trying to get to.
You dudnt mention that the long athletic guard team also had a semi generational 7 footer too

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Embarrassing performance in a title game…..not even well done.

Zero banners in a shit hole arena. That will never change!
Yeah? What’s embarrassing is a “blue blood” missing the tournament 10 times in 20 years. Also missing it 5 straight years in a row. Missing it again this year with 3 5 stars. Having your only recruit decommit and then having to go buy another recruit that only came to IU because the G League Ignite got shut down.

What’s embarrassing is that Rutgers, Nebraska, Northwestern and Penn State all own you. Purdue owns you—that’s why you’re here, trying to make fun of a team that dominated everyone but UConn and finished second.

IU would be doing backflips if they had the success Purdue has had in the last decade.

When will IU quit being a laughingstock? You pay Leal $100,000's of dollars for what, him to sell cars? Woody sets around smoking heaters and sipping bourbon and watching CNN, instead of recruiting. You got the one and only Quinn Buckner calling the shots for your impotent AD. You have not been in Sweet 16 for 10 years and you wanna talk....
Hahahahaha Leal getting that much money for being a try hard is hilarious. Wanna know why he came back? Cuz no one is willing to pay him that much money elsewhere and he is milking IU. Just like Galloway. And just like Mgbako…no one was gonna pay Mgbako anything near his NIL cuz he’s not worth it. IU is just dumb enough to pay for it cuz…”banners!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT