ADVERTISEMENT

Trump attending black journalists meeting in Chicago

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
BNI, would you consider this an example of Trump reaching out and engaging with black America?

I think this is a great move by the Trump campaign and will have a positive impact. Meanwhile, Kammy will be making another appearance on The View.....

Shouldn't we someday get to the point in society where we say organizations based solely on race are antiquated & done away with? Sure they are open to all races, and many do some good things, but really, hasn't society moved past being so race centric where somebody recognizes these organizations also have a negative side via the focus on race?

Shouldn't we someday get to the point in society where we say organizations based solely on race are antiquated & done away with? Sure they are open to all races, and many do some good things, but really, hasn't society moved past being so race centric where somebody recognizes these organizations also have a negative side via the focus on race?
As long as the Dems use identity politics as a reward and weapon, there is no incentive to embrace everyone.

BNI, would you consider this an example of Trump reaching out and engaging with black America?

I think this is a great move by the Trump campaign and will have a positive impact. Meanwhile, Kammy will be making another appearance on The View.....
Nope, it’s a sign of desperation. Plus since Harris Faulkner from Faux News is one of the moderators, he will feel safe.

It would behoove Chump to pronounce Harris’ name correctly at this event.

Nope, it’s a sign of desperation. Plus since Harris Faulkner from Faux News is one of the moderators, he will feel safe.

Desperate?

What this is....is Trump diversifying himself, and trying to be a better candidate this go around and reach out to those beyond his base.

Kamalot might win? That's possible?
But as of now the betting odds makers are not in her corner, nor are the national polls.

The good week Harris has had since she became a candidate. The amount of money has raised by many different groups in a short amount of time.

She will have a few good weeks.

Then once the delegates officially pick her, likely virtually because of OHIO, watch -- the attacks ramp up. That's what they are waiting for. She is an easy target because of extremely far radical policy positions in her own words. Once the independent voter hears all of those, the tide turns.

Last edited:
Crow mispronounced it all the time. Did that bother you?
I never heard him mispronounce her name. If he did, he took the time and now says her name correctly. He certainly said her name correctly in his latest public appearance today or yesterday. Chump and other repubs purposely mispronounced or don’t bother to know how her name is pronounced.

I never heard him mispronounce her name. If he did, he took the time and now says her name correctly. He certainly said her name correctly in his latest public appearance today or yesterday. Chump and other repubs purposely mispronounced or don’t bother to know how her name is pronounced.

While I agree with you that one should try to pronounce all names correctly, in regards to the election, I also believe to most Americans it ranks right with statues. Irrelevant & just not important to the daily life of Middle Class Dude. And btw also not really related to thread topic.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Yes, but the dems are always going to play the race card. They love identity politics and it's part of their effort to keep Americans divided so they can sell victimhood and the need for reliance on government.

Wait.....aren't you the one who's been saying that if Trump and Republicans really want to secure more of the black vote that they need to be doing things like going on black radio, attending NAACP meetings, etc?
How is this not one of those efforts? Sounds to me like exactly what you suggested.
(I think you're afraid that Trump is going to make a great appearance and even more blacks are going to side with him).

Then once the delegates officially pick her, likely virtually because of OHIO, watch -- the attacks ramp up. That's what they are waiting for. She is an easy target because of extremely far radical policy positions in her own words. Once the independent voter hears all of those, the tide turns.

They just need to keep playing clips of the border czar interview with Lester Holt....
"We've been to the border. ......We've been to the border"
Holt: "But you haven't been to the border"
"Well, I haven't been to Europe either"

Oops..

While I agree with you that one should try to pronounce all names correctly, in regards to the election, I also believe to most Americans it ranks right with statues. Irrelevant & just not important to the daily life of Middle Class Dude. And btw also not really related to thread topic.
There you go again with your white privilege and arrogance. Just because it is not important to you doesn't mean it is not important to anyone else. Confederate statues and monuments are racist and offensive to millions of people.

• Haha
Reactions: Boiler Buck
Wait.....aren't you the one who's been saying that if Trump and Republicans really want to secure more of the black vote that they need to be doing things like going on black radio, attending NAACP meetings, etc?
How is this not one of those efforts? Sounds to me like exactly what you suggested.
(I think you're afraid that Trump is going to make a great appearance and even more blacks are going to side with him).
How am I afraid if that is what I said for the repubs to attract more black voters. Even though it is getting late in the game but this event is exactly what I'm talking about. Being late in the game is why he is getting desperate for black voters, particularly since Harris is in the race now. If Joe Biden was still in the race, I wonder if he would still go to the event. Also, I would bet if Harris Faulkner from Faux News was not part of the moderating team he would not have attended. Faulkner being there makes him feel safe.

They just need to keep playing clips of the border czar interview with Lester Holt....
"We've been to the border. ......We've been to the border"
Holt: "But you haven't been to the border"
"Well, I haven't been to Europe either"

Oops..
How am I afraid if that is what I said for the repubs to attract more black voters. Even though it is getting late in the game but this event is exactly what I'm talking about. Being late in the game is why he is getting desperate for black voters, particularly since Harris is in the race now. If Joe Biden was still in the race, I wonder if he would still go to the event. Also, I would bet if Harris Faulkner from Faux News was not part of the moderating team he would not have attended. Faulkner being there makes him feel safe.
I'm very excited to read the reports or see video of his appearance at this event. He's going to talk about how blacks made the single largest gains of any demographic in terms of employment, home ownership, income, etc during his presidency.
Those are facts and data, which I know you don't like or want to believe.

I'm very excited to read the reports or see video of his appearance at this event. He's going to talk about how blacks made the single largest gains of any demographic in terms of employment, home ownership, income, etc during his presidency.
Those are facts and data, which I know you don't like or want to believe.
Even though Biden/Harris have surpassed those indicators as we've have the lowest unemployment now in history. 6 figure job creation each month, growth is good, etc. but yes that is definitely what he should have been touting on black radio and conferences for years.

What he should not do is say crap like "black jobs". I'm black and work. Is my job a "black job". Saying this crap in black forums will be detrimental.

You mentioned income. I don't know if it is considered a "black job" but a lot of blacks do work in the fast food industry. Chump and the repubs for that matter will need to make the case on why the recent minimum wage increases in some cases to $15/hour is bad.

Chump will need to make the case on why student loan forgiveness is bad.

Chump will need to make the case on why slavery reparations are bad.

Chump will need to make the case on why stop and harass is a good policy.

Chump will need to make the case on why the Central Park 5 boys are still guilty. And why he never apologized when they were completely exonerated.

Chump and the repubs needs to make the case on why police officers need immunity from prosecution. The police officer that shot that black woman in the face unjustifiably worked for 6 police departments in 4 years. Bad performance from each place he worked. Dishonorably discharged from the military. Several OWIs. Probably too late in this case but the recent crime bill that the repubs shot down would have made it impossible for a police officer that gets fired from one department to get a job in another.

Chump needs to make the case on why affirmative action and DEI is bad.

Chump needs to make the case for all of the aforementioned, but not limited to, topics when appearing on these black oriented radio and events.

Shouldn't we someday get to the point in society where we say organizations based solely on race are antiquated & done away with?
yes, as a desired consequence for the betterment of all. No, as a probability of occurrence. This has been the staple of the democrat party and they constantly intend to grow this division...AND some make a lot of money doing so...

Kamala herself mispronounced it, showing even she is confused by it (and that she is not very bright).

At 00:59 in this clip.

• Haha
If I had a $1 bill for everytime someone mispronounced my name, I would be a multimillionaire. LOL

But to the topic, the relevance to the pronunciation of Kamalot's name to the topic thread eludes me??

Trump is here is reaching out. Good for him. His vote % with minorities will likely creep up ever so slightly as it has for all minorities the last few elections.

In swing states the black vote matters. But the Latino vote usually matters much more. In the other 42 states, minority vote virtually meaningless, and is why it is taken for granted by DEMS.... & always ignored post election.

Even though Biden/Harris have surpassed those indicators as we've have the lowest unemployment now in history. 6 figure job creation each month, growth is good, etc. but yes that is definitely what he should have been touting on black radio and conferences for years.

What he should not do is say crap like "black jobs". I'm black and work. Is my job a "black job". Saying this crap in black forums will be detrimental.

You mentioned income. I don't know if it is considered a "black job" but a lot of blacks do work in the fast food industry. Chump and the repubs for that matter will need to make the case on why the recent minimum wage increases in some cases to $15/hour is bad.

Chump will need to make the case on why the Central Park 5 boys are still guilty. And why he never apologized when they were completely exonerated.

Chump and the repubs needs to make the case on why police officers need immunity from prosecution. The police officer that shot that black woman in the face unjustifiably worked for 6 police departments in 4 years. Bad performance from each place he worked. Dishonorably discharged from the military. Several OWIs. Probably too late in this case but the recent crime bill that the repubs shot down would have made it impossible for a police officer that gets fired from one department to get a job in another.

Chump needs to make the case for all of the aforementioned, but not limited to, topics when appearing on these black oriented radio and events.
Maybe student loan forgiveness is bad because if you can’t afford it don’t buy it and expect me to pay for it. Purchase something with no intent to pay and let the government bail them out is wrong.

Reparations to compensate someone who was not harmed in any way is ridiculous. No one alive today was impacted by slavery. Should I be compensated for my distant relatives fighting to free the slaves? Ah no!

Maybe student loan forgiveness is bad because if you can’t afford it don’t buy it and expect me to pay for it. Purchase something with no intent to pay and let the government bail them out is wrong.

Reparations to compensate someone who was not harmed in any way is ridiculous. No one alive today was impacted by slavery. Should I be compensated for my distant relatives fighting to free the slaves? Ah no!
I should be compensated for all the disasters democrats have created not just financially, but the mental damage of knowing what they promote

You have it wrong about student loan forgiveness. It's not about bailing out someone that can't afford to pay for it. The original intent was to forgive student loans as most people are not in default. Most folks have every intent to repay the loans and most do. However, once the student loans are forgiven, now these folks have more money to spend to help the economy. Money to pay off other debt. Money to buy a crib.

"expect me to pay for it". The repubs are for tax breaks for the wealthy. You are paying for that aren't you. You rather have, from your tax dollars, to go to someone that is already wealthy than to common folks with a student loan? Perhaps someone in your own family. That doesn't make sense to me. So if you had a student loan and the president offered this, you would not apply for this, correct?

That is pretty ignorant to say that no one alive today was impacted by slavery. What are you talking about? Most black Americans that had slave ancestry has been impacted. Slavery led to Jim Crow. Jim Crow led to the state of some black Americans living currently. That's why history is o fascinating. Take your life for example. Whatever your nationality or ethnic background is somebody decided to leave whatever country, or perhaps kicked out, to come to America. Which determined how you are living today.

After the Civil War, slave owners in Maryland got reparations for losing their property. Should they have gotten reparations?

And Harris can explain why dumping millions of illegals into black neighborhoods and stealing their resources and overcrowding their schools, and increasing crime is a GOOD thing.

And Harris can explain why driving up inflation by paying off student debt that disproportionately helps upper middle income white people, and forces lower middle income people to pay is a GOOD thing.

Oh. And why her fascination with the Green New Deal and eliminating fossil fuels by 2030 which will skyrocket energy costs and be oppressive on lower income people is a GOOD thing for black people.

You have it wrong about student loan forgiveness. It's not about bailing out someone that can't afford to pay for it. The original intent was to forgive student loans as most people are not in default. Most folks have every intent to repay the loans and most do. However, once the student loans are forgiven, now these folks have more money to spend to help the economy. Money to pay off other debt. Money to buy a crib.

"expect me to pay for it". The repubs are for tax breaks for the wealthy. You are paying for that aren't you. You rather have, from your tax dollars, to go to someone that is already wealthy than to common folks with a student loan? Perhaps someone in your own family. That doesn't make sense to me. So if you had a student loan and the president offered this, you would not apply for this, correct?

That is pretty ignorant to say that no one alive today was impacted by slavery. What are you talking about? Most black Americans that had slave ancestry has been impacted. Slavery led to Jim Crow. Jim Crow led to the state of some black Americans living currently. That's why history is o fascinating. Take your life for example. Whatever your nationality or ethnic background is somebody decided to leave whatever country, or perhaps kicked out, to come to America. Which determined how you are living today.

After the Civil War, slave owners in Maryland got reparations for losing their property. Should they have gotten reparations?
Well then I’m ignorant. No one alive today was impacted in any way financially by slavery. NONE! To expect financial compensation is ridiculous.

Student loan forgiveness is more bs. How about free dinners at the restaurant for my family and then I’ll have more money to buy something else. Don’t dine and dash pay your obligations.

Please provide the data to support this.
Is that similar to Biden saying
"If you vote Republican, you ain't black."
But anyway, he's not referring to the job as a black job (sanitation worker for instance).
Because a $15 minimum wage will put a lot of small mom n pop places out of business.
I do like Trump's proposal not to tax tip wages though. Do you?
Because you signed a contract and are obligated to repay. It's called personal responsibility. S
Do you think mortgage debt should be forgiven? Why not?
Because no living person ever owned a slave or was a slave. Slavery from the 1700-1800s has zero impact on anyone today.
Because done correctly, it works, and has been proven to work. Implemented properly, it would have a positive impact on crime in black communities.
I think you need to read up more on the Central Park 5. These were not some innocent kids out playing ball in the park who were wrongfully convicted of rape. They were out beating and assaulting people that night, including the jogger.
Yeh, bad cops shouldn't be cops. No disagreement there.
Because, as Dr. King would say, judge people on the content of their character (or in the case of jobs, on the qualifications and accomplishments), not on the color of their skin or what marginalized group they claim to be a part of.

And Harris can explain why dumping millions of illegals into black neighborhoods and stealing their resources and overcrowding their schools, and increasing crime is a GOOD thing.

And Harris can explain why driving up inflation by paying off student debt that disproportionately helps upper middle income white people, and forces lower middle income people to pay is a GOOD thing.

Oh. And why her fascination with the Green New Deal and eliminating fossil fuels by 2030 which will skyrocket energy costs and be oppressive on lower income people is a GOOD thing for black people.
Perhaps and that's why you have debates. However, both parties are culpable in the illegal immigrant crisis.

Paying off student debt did not drive up inflation. Corporate greed drove up inflation.

Perhaps and that's why you have debates. However, both parties are culpable in the illegal immigrant crisis.

Paying off student debt did not drive up inflation. Corporate greed drove up inflation.
"I think you need to read up more on the Central Park 5. These were not some innocent kids out playing ball in the park who were wrongfully convicted of rape. They were out beating and assaulting people that night, including the jogger."

I told you, the Central Park 5 were completely exonerated. The Central Park 5 confessions were coerced by the police during interrogation that led to their conviction. Some other dude that was not part of this group admitted to the crime that led to the Central Park 5 exoneration. Perhaps they were cuttin' that night but they did not beat nor rape the jogger in question. That is what the case was about.

• Haha
Reactions: mediaexpert
"I think you need to read up more on the Central Park 5. These were not some innocent kids out playing ball in the park who were wrongfully convicted of rape. They were out beating and assaulting people that night, including the jogger."

I told you, the Central Park 5 were completely exonerated. The Central Park 5 confessions were coerced by the police during interrogation that led to their conviction. Some other dude that was not part of this group admitted to the crime that led to the Central Park 5 exoneration. Perhaps they were cuttin' that night but they did not beat nor rape the jogger in question. That is what the case was about.
I agree, they didn't rape her, so yes, they were exonerated for that. But, they weren't 5 buddies on a stroll through Central Park that night.

I would suggest reading through the truth about the CP5. Link here.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mediaexpert
I agree, they didn't rape her, so yes, they were exonerated for that. But, they weren't 5 buddies on a stroll through Central Park that night.

I would suggest reading through the truth about the CP5. Link here.

Nobody said that they were 5 buddies on a stroll. But they were exonerated for a crime that they did not commit. This is why the death penalty has been suspended in several states, mostly blue states. Many folks, mostly people of color have been killed or on death row for crimes that they did not commit. The state of Illinois, thanks to a group from Northwestern University, let out over 20 or so death row inmates because it was later found that they did not commit the crimes that they were convicted of.

Nobody said that they were 5 buddies on a stroll. But they were exonerated for a crime that they did not commit. This is why the death penalty has been suspended in several states, mostly blue states. Many folks, mostly people of color have been killed or on death row for crimes that they did not commit. The state of Illinois, thanks to a group from Northwestern University, let out over 20 or so death row inmates because it was later found that they did not commit the crimes that they were convicted of.
Actually, the number was 13.
With DNA evidence, cameras, etc, the risk of error is significantly lower now than what it once was.
That's why I'm still in favor of the death penalty. An eye for an eye.

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT