ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25 Players in the Big Ten

I don't agree with the ratings. Some were too high. some were too low. But I did like the narratives - especially the one about Mathias. I look for him to be the glue for Purdue. I don't see his stats increasing much. but I see him enabling others around him to be better. sort of the center focus of the team and the catalyst.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
While you can move guys up and down - the comments were spot on about CE. He does have a low 2 point %, and some of those missed shots were basically turnovers, as he got stuffed or missed layups due to pressure taking down too low in the paint. Besides this he is the leading Boiler returning guard in turnovers.

Pretty decent list. I think we must remember that we tend to see CE for what he might/should become and not necessarily for what he is or what he has proven. Every player on that list has done more on the court or was a higher rated recruit than CE. If he were not a Purdue player many here would look at his freshman stats and wonder why he is even on the list.

As we all wait and clearly need things to talk about - thought I'd share this....tied with MSU and Minn for most players in the Top 25. I'd rank CE higher than he is ranked though

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/08/04/big-tens-top-25-players-2017-18-5-1/

They got it pretty close IMO. I would move Lynch from Minny up and Heurter and Winston down a little bit, but other than that it is pretty close.

The bias of the IU and UM writers only shows up at the end with Simmons and Davis sneaking in. Both could have great seasons, but a lot of hope is being put into those guys being able to produce for UM and IU this year.

I thought Vic Law, Cowan at MD, Bohannon at Iowa, or even Newkirk at IU to be more worthy of making the cut.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT