ADVERTISEMENT

To our liberal, progressive friends on here...

True! Biden saw that the border was a mess and with an election year coming wanted Congressional legislation to fix it, which would have been far more permanent. He was willing to sign a Republican bill to do so.

Instead, Trump killed the Republican border legislation for purely political reasons, and Biden was forced to take (temporary) Executive Action.

When a President does an end run around Congress with Executive Action it sucks, and Biden has been terrible on that front.
You are very ill informed because you regurgitate talking points. Current federal statute provides broad authority to the executive branch for the control and security of the border and immigration. Executive orders re: immigration are not end runs. They are written for in legislation and the constitution. When Biden took office he reversed over 60 Trump era orders. That was his decision and resulted in the border mess.

Now look into the whistle blowers reporting that Biden policy has violated federal law to take DNA samples of apprehended. Almost 1 million were not. You feel safe?

There was never going to be a wall that was functionally effective; there are too many miles and too many means of getting into the country by foot or water. An electric/digital detection virtual fence that sends an electric volt into someone? Maybe. That visual of a big cement wall was just a political talking point.

And besides, the majority of illegal immigration is from overstays, not people who tunnel into a border state. Why spend (just as much) money, and time crawling past barbed wire when you can buy a plane ticket from Mexico City, Bucharest, or Honduras on a work visa and simply not buy a return ticket.

IMO? The only way to reduce (not eliminate) illegal immigration is to make getting caught truly a miserable experience; along the lines of "no time to say goodbye - walk them all the way back to the closest border even if you're caught in Kansas."
It is patently false that the majority of illegal immigration is from visa overstays. God damn you are so ill informed on immigration. And for anybody who comes here on a visa they are tracked by the CPB when they arrive, and try to get a visa with a one way ticket. Airlines now coordinate with the government to ensure return flights. You don’t get on that plane and you are dinged. And a lot of these numbers are people hanging a couple extra weeks with family, Now do the people who cross the border w/o papers and get released into our cities.

But keep repeating some dumb ass stat from 25 years ago.

To the fools who don’t understand how the current policies are abetting child trafficking please get your head out of your talking point ass and read the OIG report just issued. We are looking at over 300k kids that we have released to god knows who. And if you don’t think k it’s happening just follow local news in places like PHX.

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2024-08/OIG-24-46-Aug24.pdf

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/2...eration-targeting-alleged-child-sex-and-human

Donald Trump just posted a request to “re-Truth” if you want Public Military tribunals, with a caption adding “all roads lead to Obama.”

That’s exactly what I’m talking about when I say that his erratic behavior and disregard for the rule of law FAR overshadow any policy proposals.

Donald Trump just posted a request to “re-Truth” if you want Public Military tribunals, with a caption adding “all roads lead to Obama.”

That’s exactly what I’m talking about when I say that his erratic behavior and disregard for the rule of law FAR overshadow any policy proposals.
Is he saying Obama's hot-mic collusion with Vlad before the 2012 election was treason?

It was disgraceful, but I don't think it rises to treason. What do you think, JM?

Is he saying Obama's hot-mic collusion with Vlad before the 2012 election was treason?

It was disgraceful, but I don't think it rises to treason. What do you think, JM?

Okay. So you apparently are fine with the potential next President rallying support for military tribunals for his political adversaries.
How do you feel about the Republican presidential candidate posting all of this?:

1. Photo of VP Harris and Hillary Clinton with text: “Funny how blowjobs impacted both their careers differently...”

2. Photo of VP Harris in an orange prison jumpsuit.

3. Multiple QAnon posts saying “Nothing can stop what is coming” with QAnon slogan “WWG1WGA.”

4. Photo of Obama and text asking followers to repost if they want Obama to be tried before a public military tribunal.

5. A post saying the DOJ and FBI were found guilty of crimes.

6. A post using the hashtag “Second American Revolution.”

7. A post that says “the Dirtbag Dem Criminal Organization in DC” is interfering with the election.

8. A post saying the January 6 Committee engaged in “sedition” and must “be indicted.”

Okay. So you apparently are fine with the potential next President rallying support for military tribunals for his political adversaries.
How do you feel about the Republican presidential candidate posting all of this?:

1. Photo of VP Harris and Hillary Clinton with text: “Funny how blowjobs impacted both their careers differently...”

3. Multiple QAnon posts saying “Nothing can stop what is coming” with QAnon slogan “WWG1WGA.”

4. Photo of Obama and text asking followers to repost if they want Obama to be tried before a public military tribunal.

7. A post that says “the Dirtbag Dem Criminal Organization in DC” is interfering with the election.

8. A post saying the January 6 Committee engaged in “sedition” and must “be indicted.”

I am against all of it, but I am far more against price controls and open borders. Aren't you?

PS, I am also against stolen valor and tampons in boys' restrooms.

Reactions: Boiler Buck

Both sides do it, but let’s just focus on the Republican’s.

Btw, I think he is wrong on this one in claiming sedition. Some type of fraud on the public would seem more fitting. What do you suggest for the charge, given that the J6 cmt suppressed and destroyed evidence, not to mention rigged the membership of the committee to begin with when Pelosi rejected the Republican choices.

Btw, I think he is wrong on this one in claiming sedition. Some type of fraud on the public would seem more fitting. What do you suggest for the charge, given that the J6 cmt suppressed and destroyed evidence, not to mention rigged the membership of the committee to begin with when Pelosi rejected the Republican choices.
because "Trust me bro."

Both sides do it, but let’s just focus on the Republican’s.
Every political party has their crazies. Notice how I am not quoting any Marjorie Taylor Greene or Rashida Talib greatest hits?

Because this is a litany of social media output from the Presidential candidate ALL IN THE LAST 36 hours.

So show me where another Presidential candidate (or President) has accused their opposition of getting where they got by giving blow jobs, quoted QAnon repeatedly, asked for military tribunals for political opponents, etc.

Every political party has their crazies. Notice how I am not quoting any Marjorie Taylor Greene or Rashida Talib greatest hits?

Because this is a litany of social media output from the Presidential candidate ALL IN THE LAST 36 hours.

So show me where another Presidential candidate (or President) has accused their opposition of getting where they got by giving blow jobs, quoted QAnon repeatedly, asked for military tribunals for political opponents, etc.
Most likely there aren’t any. Trump has been sued, attacked by media, individuals, celebrities, shot at, that he lashed out. Not a good look by any account.

Reactions: Katscratch

I am pretty sure your hero LBJ would have done all that and more had he had access to social media.

You'v heard about some of the 'oddies' he liked to do, right JM?

Most likely there aren’t any. Trump has been sued, attacked by media, individuals, celebrities, shot at, that he lashed out. Not a good look by any account.
No matter whether one thinks Trump has or hasn't been the one responsible for his troubles, maybe we can generally agree that he is a severely damaged man, and a 78 year old damaged man at that.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I am pretty sure your hero LBJ would have done all that and more had he had access to social media.

You'v heard about some of the 'oddies' he liked to do, right JM?
More "Trust me, bro." Not sure what LBJ was into, but guessing it couldn't have been much freakier than Clinton, Jefferson, Trump, or JFK.

Nobody could match your hero in crudeness. See the part about using Jumbo to justify Vietnam.

I don't think a blow job affected Hillary's career...nor slick. I think the Clinton foundation continued to get foreign money until Bill left.

I don't think a blow job affected Hillary's career...nor slick. I think the Clinton foundation continued to get foreign money until Bill left.
Salient observation.

The foundation continued to rack it in until Hil lost Trump, after which, oddly, it pretty much went out of business despite all the great work it claimed to be doing. How can that be explained, one wonders, because the important causes it claimed to support were still in need of support.

• Love
Reactions: tjreese
More "Trust me, bro." Not sure what LBJ was into, but guessing it couldn't have been much freakier than Clinton, Jefferson, Trump, or JFK.
From the Caro biography of your hero LBJ, who was no doubt your kind of guy:

He early became fabled for a Rabelaisian earthiness, urinating in the parking lot of the House Office Building as the urge took him; if a colleague came into a Capitol bathroom as he was finishing at the urinal there, he would sometimes swing around still holding his member, which he liked to call "Jumbo," hooting once, "Have you ever seen anything as big as this?," and shaking it in almost a brandishing manner as he began discoursing about some pending legislation.

Salient observation.

The foundation continued to rack it in until Hil lost Trump, after which, oddly, it pretty much went out of business despite all the great work it claimed to be doing. How can that be explained, one wonders, because the important causes it claimed to support were still in need of support.
Please define 'pretty much went out of business' when I did a simple Google search, pulled their latest financials, and it seems to be doing just fine?

By removing personality do I also remove the damage to the country because of his personality? For instance, remove personality and J6 doesn’t happen. If he’s a good guy and stable and believes in the rule of law so much bad stuff doesn’t happen.

So a Trump policy paper without Trump? Sure, that’d be fine. But Trump is not a legislator. The President leads the Executive Branch. Our great great great grandkids will read about the Trump Presidency as one of, if not the worst ever.
From Reuters:

REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/File Photo Purchase Licensing Rights, opens new tab

WASHINGTON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack, on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.
Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.

WASHINGTON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack, on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.
Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.
You just cited:

An article from over five months before the Oath Keepers conspiracy was charged.
The article is also about ten months before the Proud Boys conspiracy was charged.

Before you shit-post try to learn if what you're posting ended up being true.

Trump sat down for a soft-ball interview with the Daily Mail today -- no problem with that -Trump definitely puts himself out there.

However as part of the article they took 'during the interview' photos of him.

He looks like complete worn-out dogshit:

89061667-13792467-image-m-21_1724937165041.jpg

Please define 'pretty much went out of business' when I did a simple Google search, pulled their latest financials, and it seems to be doing just fine?

Surprised both that you are back, 95, and to hear the foundation is back. The latter had dropped me from its mailing list after the 2016 election, but this was the last I recall, from the link below. You have to agree, it sounded like it was going out of business at the time:

"But the most glaring indictment of the Clinton Foundation came from what happened last year, after Hillary Clinton lost the election — and effectively ended her political career.

First, the Clinton's almost immediately shuttered the Clinton Global Initiative and laid off 22 employees.

Now, fresh financial documents show that contributions and grants to the Clinton Foundation plunged since Hillary lost her election bid. They dropped from $216 million in 2016 to just $26.5 million in 2017 — a stunning 88% fall. Throughout Clinton's tenure as Secretary of State, the foundation pulled in an average of $254 million a year. (See the nearby chart below for a timeline.)

If the Clinton Foundation was as good as defenders claimed, why did all its big-time donors suddenly lose interest? The only reasonable explanation is that donors weren't interested in what the foundation supposedly did for humanity. They were interested in the political favors they knew their money would buy."

• Love
Reactions: tjreese
You just cited:

An article from over five months before the Oath Keepers conspiracy was charged.
The article is also about ten months before the Proud Boys conspiracy was charged.

Before you shit-post try to learn if what you're posting ended up being true.
The FBI set that up for Reuters because they wanted any conspiracy ideas to go away - or they might have to explain what their dozens of agents and informants were doing at the Capitol that day. As it is, the FBI has never explained because nobody can make them. I explained this to you in your HoFanJM era, JM.

Surprised both that you are back, 95, and to hear the foundation is back. The latter had dropped me from its mailing list after the 2016 election, but this was the last I recall, from the link below. You have to agree, it sounded like it was going out of business at the time:

"But the most glaring indictment of the Clinton Foundation came from what happened last year, after Hillary Clinton lost the election — and effectively ended her political career.

First, the Clinton's almost immediately shuttered the Clinton Global Initiative and laid off 22 employees.

Now, fresh financial documents show that contributions and grants to the Clinton Foundation plunged since Hillary lost her election bid. They dropped from $216 million in 2016 to just $26.5 million in 2017 — a stunning 88% fall. Throughout Clinton's tenure as Secretary of State, the foundation pulled in an average of $254 million a year. (See the nearby chart below for a timeline.)

If the Clinton Foundation was as good as defenders claimed, why did all its big-time donors suddenly lose interest? The only reasonable explanation is that donors weren't interested in what the foundation supposedly did for humanity. They were interested in the political favors they knew their money would buy."

I went to Europe. Quite amazing. Hot, but amazing.

Yeah I mean it was a five second Google search to find the financials. I don’t care about the foundation or the drop in donations. Was merely wondering where you got the implication that it had gone under or was frankly close to it when a quick scan says otherwise.

The FBI set that up for Reuters because they wanted any conspiracy ideas to go away - or they might have to explain what their dozens of agents and informants were doing at the Capitol that day. As it is, the FBI has never explained because nobody can make them. I explained this to you in your HoFanJM era, JM.
Because “Trust me bro!”

This is kinda fun. That saying is a winner for most of your posts.

I went to Europe. Quite amazing. Hot, but amazing.

Yeah I mean it was a five second Google search to find the financials. I don’t care about the foundation or the drop in donations. Was merely wondering where you got the implication that it had gone under or was frankly close to it when a quick scan says otherwise.
Maybe I was thinking of the Clinton Global 'Initiative,' which apparently did shut down and laid off most of the staff. But otherwise, I stand corrected. Thank you.

And welcome back to the good old US of A.

Maybe I was thinking of the Clinton Global 'Initiative,' which apparently did shut down and laid off most of the staff. But otherwise, I stand corrected. Thank you.

And welcome back to the good old US of A.
Could have been.

Have you been to Europe before? It was my first time. I’m already ready to go back. Definitely missed some creature comforts of home but I’m afraid I’ve caught the travel bug friends warned me I would get.

Because “Trust me bro!”

This is kinda fun. That saying is a winner for most of your posts.
Even more fun would be your explanation for the article and the FBI 'findings' stated in it, if you dare to do so. The FBI never stated the article was not accurate as far as I know.

Could have been.

Have you been to Europe before? It was my first time. I’m already ready to go back. Definitely missed some creature comforts of home but I’m afraid I’ve caught the travel bug friends warned me I would get.
Where did you go?

Even more fun would be your explanation for the article and the FBI 'findings' stated in it, if you dare to do so. The FBI never stated the article was not accurate as far as I know.

Probably because midway into the investigation of two separate conspiracies of violent domestic terrorists, both of which were indicted less than a year later, they weren’t going to put out a news release or confirm who or what they were looking at.

Additionally, federal grand jury rules legally barred them from commenting on evidence in an active investigation involving grand jury materials.

And the indictment of the oath keepers and proud boys conspiracies was in itself a complete debunking of the assumptions made in that article.

Where did you go?
Switzerland and Italy. Switzerland is every bit as beautiful as you see in any picture. It’s also crazy expensive.

Italy was Milan, Florence, Cinque Terre, Pisa (just to rent a car and do a photo op with the leaning tower lol) and part of the Tuscan region.

The train system over there is fairly incredible. It’s amazingly easy to pop from city to city on trains that are clean and reliable. I couldn’t wait to turn the rental car back in after driving around part of the Tuscany region for a couple of days just because the trains are so easy.

If you’ve never been…..go. The one time a “trust me, bro” actually turns out to be true. 😂😂😂

Probably because midway into the investigation of two separate conspiracies of violent domestic terrorists, both of which were indicted less than a year later, they weren’t going to put out a news release or confirm who or what they were looking at.

Additionally, federal grand jury rules legally barred them from commenting on evidence in an active investigation involving grand jury materials.

And the indictment of the oath keepers and proud boys conspiracies was in itself a complete debunking of the assumptions made in that article.
the FBI doesn't leak info unless it has a reason. I can think of only one reason they said this in the article:

"Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases," said a former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. "Then you have five percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized. But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages."

Switzerland and Italy. Switzerland is every bit as beautiful as you see in any picture. It’s also crazy expensive.

Italy was Milan, Florence, Cinque Terre, Pisa (just to rent a car and do a photo op with the leaning tower lol) and part of the Tuscan region.

The train system over there is fairly incredible. It’s amazingly easy to pop from city to city on trains that are clean and reliable. I couldn’t wait to turn the rental car back in after driving around part of the Tuscany region for a couple of days just because the trains are so easy.

If you’ve never been…..go. The one time a “trust me, bro” actually turns out to be true. 😂😂😂
That sounds like a great trip. I have been to both and understand your enthusiasm. The trains are great - although not really feasible in a large country like the US.

Where will you be going on your next Eurovacation? Several posters were talking in another threat about how much they like Germany.

the FBI doesn't leak info unless it has a reason. I can think of only one reason they said this in the article:

"Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases," said a former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. "Then you have five percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized. But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages."
That line seems reasonable. Even Those violent guys aren’t trusting a clown show like Jones.

That line seems reasonable. Even Those violent guys aren’t trusting a clown show like Jones.
Or trusting anybody else. The only guy who seemed to be involved in a scheme was a guy named Ray Epps, who briefly appeared on the FBI's Ten-Most-Wanted list, but then suddenly was taken off and cleared. Possibly you have heard of him.

It was almost as if one part of the FBI put his name on there without knowing that Epps was working for another part of the FBI. That couldn't have happened in a well-oiled machine like the FBI, could it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT