ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Jallow

Premium member asking free board people about stuff Brian posted last week?

Somebody posted last week he suspected we would have several academic casualties. He was right.

Somebody else posted Graham and Grant would start right away. I had thought Brohm had brought in some decent dbacks last year. Now we know why Brohm is going after more.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
Somebody posted last week he suspected we would have several academic casualties. He was right.

Somebody else posted Graham and Grant would start right away. I had thought Brohm had brought in some decent dbacks last year. Now we know why Brohm is going after more.
When your best DB is a former walkon, you need to start recruiting studs.

Jallow is enrolled in summer school starting 6/11 but there no assurance he will be back

When your best DB is a former walkon, you need to start recruiting studs.

Jallow is enrolled in summer school starting 6/11 but there no assurance he will be back
Truth is, he’s basically been a bust so far. He uses poor tackling technique and it drives Brohm and Holt crazy. As a DB, he’s been poor in coverage.

Reactions: pboiler18
Truth is, he’s basically been a bust so far. He uses poor tackling technique and it drives Brohm and Holt crazy. As a DB, he’s been poor in coverage.

I noticed as the season went on, he was used less, while others with less hype and talent were used more.

He never appeared comfortable with his assignments and overages. As evidenced in bowl game when receivers got behind him for scores twice. He came in with solid rep as a physical player and sure looked the part but it seems Holt wasted his time and energy trying to make a lb out of him in the spring?

He never appeared comfortable with his assignments and overages. As evidenced in bowl game when receivers got behind him for scores twice. He came in with solid rep as a physical player and sure looked the part but it seems Holt wasted his time and energy trying to make a lb out of him in the spring?
He always tried to make the knockout hit instead of the simple tackle. He used poor angles. He’s physical but just as likely to whiff as to take the carrier down.

Ehh, his move to LB allowed others to get more reps at DB. I like Smiley from what I saw in the spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT