ADVERTISEMENT

Tippecanoe County officials are announcing lock down restrictions right now

giphy.gif

Sounds like the Governor has announced restrictions....and Tippecanoe County will evaluate and make decisions tomorrow

Sounds like the Governor has announced restrictions....and Tippecanoe County will evaluate and make decisions tomorrow
So you say they’re announcing a lockdown, that they’re a-holes, and then nothing of real local substance was announced? Sounds like you’re scaring yourself. Please, do let us know if there is something you actually know and actually have a source for.

They haven't gotten to that point yet....just trying to scare us right now....I don't see a Purdue rep there so hopefully they aren't apart of this
I value my freedom as much as anyone but have a 3 week old grandson who was two weeks early. Only grandparents can see him at the house as long as we wear a mask. I was just at a Speedway and amazingly I was the only person there with a mask on including the help. I understand the fatigue, but if health care workers and many others have to suck it up and wear a mask for 10-12 hours, I don't think it's too big an imposition for all of us to at least wear a mask indoors in public places. Good grief.

I value my freedom as much as anyone but have a 3 week old grandson who was two weeks early. Only grandparents can see him at the house as long as we wear a mask. I was just at a Speedway and amazingly I was the only person there with a mask on including the help. I understand the fatigue, but if health care workers and many others have to suck it up and wear a mask for 10-12 hours, I don't think it's too big an imposition for all of us to at least wear a mask indoors in public places. Good grief.

“The help”

It’s a stunning act of bravery for you to wear a mask for a few minutes to see the baby. What a sacrifice!

Reactions: BoilerNYC04
I agree...and that is my point. I ALWAYS wear a mask in public.....but I don't need some local official telling me that I am required to wear one. These leaders aren't any more knowledgeable than most of the general public. They should lead by example, they should encourage others to do the right thing.....they shouldn't and don't have the authority to mandate it. I just think that our freedoms are very fragile and when elected officials overstep their authority it erodes the foundation of our rights.

“The help”

It’s a stunning act of bravery for you to wear a mask for a few minutes to see the baby. What a sacrifice!
That's not what I mean. I have worn a mask since day one anytime I have been in a public place. I am totally supportive of whatever needs to be done. I have several close relatives and friends who have risked their lives struggling taking care of critically ill CV patients, including the daughter of a brother-in-law who's also on KHC. This is why I don't post here anymore. JFC..... Per usual another person on here who can't read and is just itching to attack someone. Some of you folks on here are seriously, seriouisly f'd up.

I agree...and that is my point. I ALWAYS wear a mask in public.....but I don't need some local official telling me that I am required to wear one. These leaders aren't any more knowledgeable than most of the general public. They should lead by example, they should encourage others to do the right thing.....they shouldn't and don't have the authority to mandate it. I just think that our freedoms are very fragile and when elected officials overstep their authority it erodes the foundation of our rights.
That is not what I meant. I mean we all need to do our part right now as this is getting out of control. I was stunned when I walked in that Speedway today.

That is not what I meant. I mean we all need to do our part right now as this is getting out of control. I was stunned when I walked in that Speedway today.
The problem is the strongest mask advocates.....focus their time on low risk environments....while ignoring high risk environments. Beaches, short stints in stores....are not high risk environments. Inside homes or other indoor spaces for extended periods are high risk environments.

Reactions: Purdue97
That's not what I mean. I have worn a mask since day one anytime I have been in a public place. I am totally supportive of whatever needs to be done. I have several close relatives and friends who have risked their lives struggling taking care of critically ill CV patients, including the daughter of a brother-in-law who's also on KHC. This is why I don't post here anymore. JFC..... Per usual another person on here who can't read and is just itching to attack someone. Some of you folks on here are seriously, seriouisly f'd up.
Too bad you don’t post on here anymore. Generally speaking I looked forward to reading your sports related posts.

The problem is the strongest mask advocates.....focus their time on low risk environments....while ignoring high risk environments. Beaches, short stints in stores....are not high risk environments. Inside homes or other indoor spaces for extended periods are high risk environments.
I think it's accepted as a losing battle to try and stop transmission between people who live together at this point so no real reason to use a mask with someone you will spend hours a day with.

A friend coaches wrestling at Harrison High School. He was bummed this morning as their season has been put on hold.

Reactions: dmosier4
I think it's accepted as a losing battle to try and stop transmission between people who live together at this point so no real reason to use a mask with someone you will spend hours a day with.
We don't make that assumption in hospitals, factories, classrooms, air flights.

We don't make that assumption in hospitals, factories, classrooms, air flights.
Yes they do. You can sit next to a family member in any of those situations if they are allowed in. I sat next to my family on a flight.

You may not be allowed to enter some of those places to avoid contact between people that don't live together though.

Wear a mask indoors. Wear a mask in close quarters. Refrain from spending much time indoors.
If you think you're exhausted with Covid, ask a healthcare worker their feelings on it. Ask a lonely senior citizen what it's like to have ZERO access to community services (the library, senior center, arts center, etc.) for 8.5 months. Do your part and let's get by this thing. Stop waiting for a vaccine and act like a reasonable citizen.

Yes they do. You can sit next to a family member in any of those situations if they are allowed in. I sat next to my family on a flight.

You may not be allowed to enter some of those places to avoid contact between people that don't live together though.

Yet you're required to wear a mask in most of those cases, correct? Would you wear one at home, while watching TV with your wife and/or kids? How about putting one on between eating and drinking at your dining table?

But overall I agree ... I think close family, while a risk, is probably a situation where spread could be inevitable and just needs to be addressed case-by-case if someone is positive.

Enjoy those freedoms....there will be less of them by 2024

Yet you're required to wear a mask in most of those cases, correct? Would you wear one at home, while watching TV with your wife and/or kids? How about putting one on between eating and drinking at your dining table?
You are required to wear a mask because you are around people that you don't live with. It's about stopping the spread between people who will only be together for a short time.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider

They didn't make you wear a mask on that flight?

I think masks are required in college classrooms, factories, hospitals, flights.

Hey freedom people....do you wear a seatbelt? Do you drink and drive? Your rights stop where mine begin. My rights stop where your begin. Freedom? Freedom to kill my elderly family members? I don't think so. IS this a political board by the way?

They didn't make you wear a mask on that flight?

I think masks are required in college classrooms, factories, hospitals, flights.
Are you even trying to understand the point?

You have to wear masks in those situations because you are around people you don't live with.

The reason they tell us to wear a mask is because there are people that refuse to wear a mask because "the government can't take their freedom" or "they don't work".

Whats funny is, they stop at every stop light and stop sign (which is a government mandated thing and is comparable) and they do work.

Obviously not a student of history. So many of the great freedom snatches have been done to "keep you safe". See the Patriot Act.
Wearing a mask isn’t even close to as intrusive as the Patriot Act. The Patriot Act erodes most of your privacy while the mask mandate.....it’s just wearing a mask while you’re indoors in public. And if you’re saying it’s a slippery slope, we’re already far past there

Reactions: Bigcat01

Lighten up. Maybe the internet isn’t for you.

Are you even trying to understand the point?

You have to wear masks in those situations because you are around people you don't live with.
I understand your point. Your point is it's impossible to stop the virus from spreading in homes.

We don't make that same assumption in Nursing Homes, hospitals, factories, classrooms, & flights. If masks help stop transmission in Nursing homes.....the same concept would apply in homes.

Obviously not a student of history. So many of the great freedom snatches have been done to "keep you safe". See the Patriot Act.
“freedom snatches”

How has the Patriot Act negatively affected your freedom? What can’t you do that you could do before?

I suppose if you’re doing something illegal, it has hampered your activity.

Wearing a mask isn’t even close to as intrusive as the Patriot Act. The Patriot Act erodes most of your privacy while the mask mandate.....it’s just wearing a mask while you’re indoors in public. And if you’re saying it’s a slippery slope, we’re already far past there
I agree on the mask. I wear one and get frustrated with people who don't. I don't get on board with closing bars and the like.

Also, the pandemic started in March. There has been plenty of time for appropriate legislative action. These continuing executive mandates are illegal, at least according to our attorney general.

I understand your point. Your point is it's impossible to stop the virus from spreading in homes.

We don't make that same assumption in Nursing Homes, hospitals, factories, classrooms, & flights. If masks help stop transmission in Nursing homes.....the same concept would apply in homes.
Lots of people in nursing homes who don't live there.

“freedom snatches”

How has the Patriot Act negatively affected your freedom? What can’t you do that you could do before?

I suppose if you’re doing something illegal, it has hampered your activity.
I work for a financial institution. The amount of red tape caused by the Patriot Act is absurd.

Also, just because something doesn't personally impact me doesn't mean I can't be opposed to it. Who knows what the government in 20 years might think of my KHC posting history?

Lots of people in nursing homes who don't live there.
And if Masks stop the spread in Nursing homes, the same concept should apply in homes. Nursing homes are literally germ factories. If masks stop that, then why wouldn't it work in homes with less people?

You seem to be working under the assumption that families are all doing exactly the same thing everyday. One might be working in a factory all day (wearing a mask), another teaching college (in person wearing a mask), another living at home while going to college (wearing a mask), another in high school (wearing a mask).

Then they all come home and don't wear masks.

Either masks work....or they don't. If they do work, health officials shouldn't be ignoring a high risk environment (homes).

I agree on the mask. I wear one and get frustrated with people who don't. I don't get on board with closing bars and the like.

Also, the pandemic started in March. There has been plenty of time for appropriate legislative action. These continuing executive mandates are illegal, at least according to our attorney general.
Technically, the pandemic started in probably December, we just didn't test until March.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT