ADVERTISEMENT

Tippecanoe County officials are announcing lock down restrictions right now

1) Do you also support a global approach to Pfizer vaccine distribution.....instead of a U.S. first approach for a vaccine developed in U.S.

2) Do you support giving the Covid vaccine to those under 75 years old first?

These are the type of Covid "experts" that Biden is surrounding himself with. Why??

I'm all for number 2 if that policy also applies to Biden himself. Practice what you preach.

Reactions: BoilerBF
I actually can understand some of the tough Medicare decisions. For example, if there are a limited number of hearts for transplants then I would support giving them to younger patients if the younger patients are more likely to survive. I am not sure how much/many of the decisions are based on “productive years”.
Those living in the UK experience these decisions quite often. Except for the elites of course... you know, rules for thee, not for me

Those living in the UK experience these decisions quite often. Except for the elites of course... you know, rules for thee, not for me

The “elites” do not use the National Health Service. They go to Harley Street private doctors and pay. Of course, they pay for National Health Service as well but they don’t use it.

I'm all for wearing a mask if the evidence (the science) showed that they actually help prevent to transmission of this virus. Hoping for something to work the way we want it to when the evidence shows that it doesn't isn't logical. I wear the damned thing when I shop, etc. as I like to be able to have food, etc. IMO, this virus is here with us for the long haul and will most likely be part of our lives on an annual basis much like the seasonal flu is. Thankfully the survival rate is 99.9% for those of us under 70 who catch the virus (95% for those older), so it's not going to wipe out humanity.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/29/these-12-graphs-show-mask-mandates-do-nothing-to-stop-covid/

https://videopress.com/v/4egEyh2b
No its not going to wipe out humanity. So 240k Americans dead in 9-11 months is OK with you? Old people can die so teenagers can ?? what??

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
If it is true? Click on the link for the article and you'll see Dr. Emanuel smiling back at you.

You'll see the same kind of face explaining to you when you're 80 that there are limited options available to you which are readily available for someone who is 60 with the same affliction. "But I've paid into the system all these years!" Tough... Medicare for all means that you simply don't have enough productive years ahead of you to warrant the treatment.
THis is already true. My brother's father in law could not get cancer treatment paid for because he was too old. This is not a dem/GOP thing.

• Angry
Reactions: indy35 and SKYDOG
The average age of people who have died from covid is 72 years old. Life expectancy in the US is 72 years old. Let’s not pretend the Black Plague has returned
Interesting position, APART from disregarding that the life expectancy of a 72 y/o male is 12 years and a 72 y/o female is 15 years.
Lame attempt at 'splainin'

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT