ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts? New tweet

Honestly, the targets I want us to get seem to want to wait to make their decision. Bell, Robinson, etc. So seeing us add more and more players now makes me think either we aren't getting those players or we are adding players with less talent. Hopefully, if it is someone in addition to Kpaka its Britt, I would be ok with him getting onboard. Otherwise I expect/want no new commits until the highly rated targets we are after make their minds.

Britt should be on his official to Iowa this weekend and unless he adds one to IU, I would imagine we will find out very soon if he is coming to Purdue. I read that he plays DT as well as the O-line at Warren Central. It would be awesome to get such a versatile lineman.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Honestly, the targets I want us to get seem to want to wait to make their decision. Bell, Robinson, etc. So seeing us add more and more players now makes me think either we aren't getting those players or we are adding players with less talent. Hopefully, if it is someone in addition to Kpaka its Britt, I would be ok with him getting onboard. Otherwise I expect/want no new commits until the highly rated targets we are after make their minds.

Gotta be tough on the coaches. Do you tell a B level commit we are waiting for a A level guy and risk losing them both or do you take the B level guy (the sure thing)

Gotta be tough on the coaches. Do you tell a B level commit we are waiting for a A level guy and risk losing them both or do you take the B level guy (the sure thing)

I think there are certain priority guys they're willing to wait on - Bell, Milton, JJ, etc. But we have to trust this staff knows how they're managing the numbers, plus you'd think they'll lose a couple to attrition at the end of the season like most years.

I do hope it is more than just one, and it's a "splashy" recruit with big-time offers. I'm excited about our recent commits but it was cool when we landed those high 3/4 star guys a couple weeks back.

Probably a mix right? And at this point I think (in my EXPERT opinion) with less than 10 spots left we can afford to wait on filling up the last spots.

But I would us rather get guys we want now, even if they aren't super talents, then settle for whomever after the first signing day.

Reactions: boileralum07
Probably a mix right? And at this point I think (in my EXPERT opinion) with less than 10 spots left we can afford to wait on filling up the last spots.

But I would us rather get guys we want now, even if they aren't super talents, then settle for whomever after the first signing day.
I agree. I'd rather have our bases covered now and swing for the fences to get Bell, etc and swing and miss and have to scramble to fill spots (Hazell anyone?)

I don’t think we’re there yet. We have 24 open spots for 2019, plus can probably add 1-2 more for attrition. So if it’s a 25 man class and we’re in on 5 highly rated prospects, we can fill 20 spots before having to pull back.

Overall I like getting all of our needs filled early, and then go bpa late. Unless you’re a top 20 team, the bulk of a P5 roster will be 3* players. So fill our positional needs with solid 3*’s who fit our system, and then save a few spots to take the best talent available. Honestly the scholarship numbers say we don’t even need wr’s this class, but if we can get great talent you take it.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
What I find most exciting is Brohm/Holt were able to get this team to perform last season with Hazel's stable of unranked and 1-2* recruits... plus jucos and transfers to fill the gaps. It was really a 'paper over the cracks' type team. Yet they exceeded expectations and performed at a high level, and competed really well.

Frankly, I'm licking my chops at what this coaching staff will be able to accomplish with 3* and better type recruits, not to mention they are players this staff actively sought out and desired for this Offensive and Defensive system.

Good times are ahead. Boiler Up!

I agree. I'd rather have our bases covered now and swing for the fences to get Bell, etc and swing and miss and have to scramble to fill spots (Hazell anyone?)
Seems like there are some spots, like OL maybe, where we need some sure things due to attrition. Maybe at WR we can afford to gamble and wait on a top rated guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT