ADVERTISEMENT

What I see happening against NU

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
I think Purdue is tired of playing close games decided late in the 4th Qtr.
It's time for Chuck Sizzle to have another big game and with our combination of #2 receivers (Durham, Rice, Sheffield, Burks) all getting into the act, AOC has a 400+ yds/4 TD game.
The DL dominates the NU OL, completely shutting down the run, forcing NU to pass and generating 3 TOs.
Boilers 35
Corn Cobs 10

C Sizzle has some injuries which are slowing him down and may not see him at full speed for awhile.... doesn't help that Broc is probably done. But you're right about the other receivers needing to step up.

Down several players, I see this still as a close early 4th Qtr game. Any T.O.'s can sway it closer than need be. Hope we get out of this game without addtl injuries and play it without stupid penalties.

PU 31
NEB 21

Reactions: Boiler8285
Down several players, I see this still as a close early 4th Qtr game. Any T.O.'s can sway it closer than need be. Hope we get out of this game without addtl injuries and play it without stupid penalties.

PU 31
NEB 21
I think if there are no more injuries or stupid penalties Purdue will win.I will be happy with even a one point win.

Reactions: boiler800
It's time for Chuck Sizzle to have another big game and with our combination of #2 receivers (Durham, Rice, Sheffield, Burks) all getting into the act, AOC has a 400+ yds/4 TD game.
The DL dominates the NU OL, completely shutting down the run, forcing NU to pass and generating 3 TOs.
Boilers 35
Corn Cobs 10
IMO Purdue wouldn't be playing in these close games if Brohm would open the playbook up besides when they actually need a score. How many times have we been in a close game and absolutely needed a score and it seems like we go right down the field and score almost at ease. I get that isn't going to happen all game but he's gotta open it up sooner and let AOC show what he can do.

Reactions: ejs1111
IMO Purdue wouldn't be playing in these close games if Brohm would open the playbook up besides when they actually need a score. How many times have we been in a close game and absolutely needed a score and it seems like we go right down the field and score almost at ease. I get that isn't going to happen all game but he's gotta open it up sooner and let AOC show what he can do.
Perhaps he's trying to save them for the B1G championship game, where he probably will really need them.

that Baylor O was really good to watch last night

Are we really letting Chuck Sizzle stick because Gus Johnson called him that? Was he ever called that before this year?

C Sizzle has some injuries which are slowing him down and may not see him at full speed for awhile.... doesn't help that Broc is probably done. But you're right about the other receivers needing to step up.
Thompson due back for either Wisconsin or Iowa.

Reactions: drewjin
Thompson due back for either Wisconsin or Iowa.
I was just repeating what Tom D was saying....Broc apparently will be questionable for awhile. Maybe he will be back for those games. Injured players seem to always produce cloudy information from PU coaching staff. Don't want to give your opponents too much info I guess.

Reactions: DAG10
Imo we’re a better team with Mock playing more
Of course, until he’s limping after a play then we are ****ed. He’s our most talented Back. I said he’d get meaningful carries before the year. Less than 1% of this board signed on to that idea.

Of course, until he’s limping after a play then we are ****ed. He’s our most talented Back. I said he’d get meaningful carries before the year. Less than 1% of this board signed on to that idea.

We were already ****ed when we decided 3 scholarship running backs was enough at the beginning of the season. When you continue to ignore that position in recruiting, you get what you get. And yes, I know James hit the portal.

We were already ****ed when we decided 3 scholarship running backs was enough at the beginning of the season. When you continue to ignore that position in recruiting, you get what you get. And yes, I know James hit the portal.
Not as bad as OT. Have you ever posted on KC?

Boilers 35
Corn Cobs 10
Didn’t have the score right but was pretty close with AOC numbers and Jones.
I think I just saw Palmer catch another 50 yard pass.

Didn’t have the score right but was pretty close with AOC numbers and Jones.
I think I just saw Palmer catch another 50 yard pass.
Who pays the toll for the secondary just being completely awful...for development back there being non-existant?

Hagen seems to be doing his job...at least in part...but, English most certainly is not...both from a personnel, and, scheme standpoint.

Purdue has lost two games because of just awful mistakes back there, and, was in position to do the same a week ago for the same reason, and, almost again tonight.

It is ridiculous to have the issues that they do...more ridiculous that they are not being addressed or fixed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT