ADVERTISEMENT

"This is deadly stuff." Who said it and when?

Please compare to the Obama/Biden response to H1N1. 150,000-575,000.

You do realize that the 150,000-575,000 deaths occurred WORLDWIDE and that 12,500 died in the United States. Or, maybe you don't. Still want to make comparisons? BTW, 900,000 have died worldwide as of today.

You aren't stating what you think Trump would have done differently if he were not trying to "protect his reelection chances". What do you think Trump would/should have done differently that would have involved tanking the economy? The only way the economy tanks is by additional lockdown. We know additional lockdown is not necessary at this point.
Come on he has wanted the testing slowed down and downplayed the personal protection of just using facemasks. He wasn't even wearing one until recently. Herman Cain found out the hard way didn't he?

Come on he has wanted the testing slowed down and downplayed the personal protection of just using facemasks. He wasn't even wearing one until recently. Herman Cain found out the hard way didn't he?
Well it's not like he downplayed it like Nancy did:

Getting caught in hypocrisy sucks eh?

Reactions: PurduePete98
He didn't say we should slow down testing. He said if we tested the way other countries have tested we wouldn't have nearly as many cases (naturally). He did downplay masks at the start, but so did Fauci. Again, neither of those things are about trying to keep the economy going.

As I stated, there are 3 things the US could have done differently. Masks sooner, no lockdown, and don't throw people on vents when they don't need it.

He didn't say we should slow down testing. He said if we tested the way other countries have tested we wouldn't have nearly as many cases (naturally). He did downplay masks at the start, but so did Fauci. Again, neither of those things are about trying to keep the economy going.

As I stated, there are 3 things the US could have done differently. Masks sooner, no lockdown, and don't throw people on vents when they don't need it.
I would have liked to know if a hurricane was on the horizon instead so I could prepare for it. Maybe I would be better off not knowing but I still want to know.

I would have liked to know if a hurricane was on the horizon instead so I could prepare for it. Maybe I would be better off not knowing but I still want to know.

We don't get to know all of the government secrets. We are better off not knowing them. Trump going on TV and calling the virus airborne and 5X more deadly than the flu would have caused way more harm than good. People would have freaked out even more than they did.

Could he have said it better than we have only a few cases and it's nothing to worry about? Sure. Should he have gone on TV with the statements from the recording? Absolutely not.

You do realize that the 150,000-575,000 deaths occurred WORLDWIDE and that 12,500 died in the United States. Or, maybe you don't. Still want to make comparisons? BTW, 900,000 have died worldwide as of today.

how many H1N1 infections were in the US....do some homework.

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

60,000,000 cases. Great Job Joe Biden and Barack Obama

Now imagine Joe Biden handling COVID

What's the date of the video? Looks like really early in to the pandemic because the Dow is still above 28,000. Was Nancy getting briefings from the CDC too?
My guess would be that the 3rd most powerful person in the country is well aware of what’s going on and has access to all the latest information. The question is, is she sober enough to comprehend it

how many H1N1 infections were in the US....do some homework.

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

60,000,000 cases. Great Job Joe Biden and Barack Obama

Now imagine Joe Biden handling COVID

6,500,000 cases and 195,000 dead compared to 60,000,000 cases and 12,500 dead. MAGAnificent job Trump.

How am I hypocritical by saying I would support Clinton doing the same thing?

I’m not even a huge Trump fan, he’s just far better than the alternatives which were/are Clinton and Biden.

So by your logic had President Bush had clear and convincing evidence that that 9/11 attack was going to occur in advance of the attack, he should have not told the public? 9/11 caused thousands of deaths, led to a recession and otherwise totally disrupted the status quo at the time. Advanced knowledge would have clearly led to panic. But, by your logic he should not have informed the public and let thousands of people die in order to avoid the economic consequences of a panic? What about if the only way to stop it was to inform the public so they could help catch the terrorist? That would have been a pretty on point analog to this situation where had people been informed and taken appropriate steps the effects could have been mitigated.

However, even assuming for the sake of argument he was trying to avoid a panic, the argument does not hold water. When thousands of people ended up in the hospital and our healthcare system was close to being overwhelmed by the effects that were exacerbated because we did not take prudent steps to mitigate the disease it led to a panic. There is a reason there was a toilet tissue shortage, a meat shortage, a frozen pizza shortage, a soda shortage, etc. The obvious effects of the virus people saw led to panic buying. As such, his approach clearly did not work. So even if you are willing to believe that was why he did what he did, why did he not change course when it was clear there was already a panic? Further, even assuming this is not a post hoc rationalization to obfuscate his dereliction of duty, if his "reasoning" was true, he should have been working in the background to put in place the infrastructure to cope with what he knew was going to happen based on his own words. Had he actually done that I might believe him, but the evidence is clear he did nothing in the interim. And, please, do not embarrass yourself by pointing to the travel ban. He imposed it on January 31st and literally did nothing but pretend the virus did not exist until March. He and his PR team have had months to identify what if anything he did in February and still cannot come up with a concrete example, which is pretty clear evidence he did nothing for weeks.

This effort to deflect with reasons that do not stand up to even a cursory review and play whataboutism with the democrats is rather sad. But,how silly of me, he was clearly taking the lead of good old Winston Churchill and how he lead the UK during WWII. How could I forget such a well known example of how to lead in times of trouble. I guess all of us need to be reminded of what good old Winston really said (for those of you who are challenged by sarcasm THE BELOW IS SARCASM):

Europe and many old and famous States are entering the loving embrace of the Gestapo and the totally not to be feared apparatus of Nazi rule (I mean the uniforms how stylish!), we shall not flag or fail unless it may cause a reduction in economic activity or hinder a prospective trade deal. We shall go on until at least our next tee time, unless an adult film star calls first. France is merely experimenting with being an Airbnb to some slightly aggressive Germans, only losers and suckers shall fight on the seas and oceans while those of us with bone spurs shall eat cake and worry about STDs, we shall pretend that empirical facts are untrue and bury our heads in the sand unless we can frack the rock formations below the sand then we shall give it over to economic growth, we may have to give up our island because governing is simply too hard. We shall go to the beaches and enjoy the aerial display of the Messeschmitt 109s, we shall pretend the V-2 rockets in our night sky are merely a fireworks display provided by our German cousins, we shall incite civil strife in our fields and in the streets to obfuscate our real enemy because I do not want to have to deal with it; we shall give up the first time it may result in my hair getting messed up and looking less than amazing like it always does, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, I will blame the fake news for telling you about my failings to defend you and remind you who are we to look down on the Nazis because we too subjugated people within our empire.

Last edited:
So by your logic had President Bush had clear and convincing evidence that that 9/11 attack was going to occur in advance of the attack, he should have not told the public? 9/11 caused thousands of deaths, led to a recession and otherwise totally disrupted the status quo at the time. Advanced knowledge would have clearly led to panic. But, by your logic he should not have informed the public and let thousands of people die in order to avoid the economic consequences of a panic? What about if the only way to stop it was to inform the public so they could help catch the terrorist? That would have been a pretty on point analog to this situation where had people been informed and taken appropriate steps the effects could have been mitigated.

However, even assuming for the sake of argument he was trying to avoid a panic, the argument does not hold water. When thousands of people ended up in the hospital and our healthcare system was close to being overwhelmed by the effects that were exacerbated because we did not take prudent steps to mitigate the disease it led to a panic. There is a reason there was a toilet tissue shortage, a meat shortage, a frozen pizza shortage, a soda shortage, etc. The obvious effects of the virus people saw led to panic buying. As such, his approach clearly did not work. So even if you are willing to believe that was why he did what he did, why did he not change course when it was clear there was already a panic? Further, even assuming this is not a post hoc rationalization to obfuscate his dereliction of duty, if his "reasoning" was true, he should have been working in the background to put in place the infrastructure to cope with what he knew was going to happen based on his own words. Had he actually done that I might believe him, but the evidence is clear he did nothing in the interim. And, please, do not embarrass yourself by pointing to the travel ban. He imposed it on January 31st and literally did nothing but pretend the virus did not exist until March. He and his PR team have had months to identify what if anything he did in February and still cannot come up with a concrete example, which is pretty clear evidence he did nothing for weeks.

This effort to deflect with reasons that do not stand up to even a cursory review and play whataboutism with the democrats is rather sad. But,how silly of me, he was clearly taking the lead of good old Winston Churchill and how he lead the UK during WWI. How could I forget such a well known example of how to lead in times of trouble. I guess all of us need to be reminded of what good old Winston really said (for those of you who are challenged by sarcasm THE BELOW IS SARCASM):

Europe and many old and famous States are entering the loving embrace of the Gestapo and the totally not to be feared apparatus of Nazi rule (I mean the uniforms how stylish!), we shall not flag or fail unless it may cause a reduction in economic activity or hinder a prospective trade deal. We shall go on until at least our next tee time, unless an adult film star calls first. France is merely experimenting with being an Airbnb to some slightly aggressive Germans, only losers and suckers shall fight on the seas and oceans while those of us with bone spurs shall eat cake and worry about STDs, we shall pretend that empirical facts are untrue and bury our heads in the sand unless we can frack the rock formations below the sand then we shall give it over to economic growth, we may have to give up our island because governing is simply too hard. We shall go to the beaches and enjoy the aerial display of the Messeschmitt 109s, we shall pretend the V-2 rockets are merely a fireworks display provided by our German cousins, we shall incite civil strife in our fields and in the streets to obfuscate our real enemy because I do not want to have to deal with it; we shall give up the first time it may result in my hair getting messed up and looking less than amazing like it always does, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, I will blame the fake news for telling you about my failings to defend you and remind you who are we to look down on the Nazis because we too subjugated people within our empire.
Comparing 911 to covid is idiotic. Obviously with advanced notice the entire New York blocks that were affected could have been evacuated. The planes couls have been grounded. Both would have prevented every life from being saved. Covid was going to get to the US and it was going to spread regardless of course of action. Downplaying the virus was the correct call. All officials and experts did the same. In this thread alone you have evidence that Trump, Pelosi, and Fauci all down played the virus. It was the correct call.

Hospitals were only overflowing because doctors/experts didn't know how to handle/treat the virus at the time. Far too many people were admitted to hospitals in the beginning and far too many of those admitted were put on vents. That was no Trump's fault. That wasn't anyone's fault. Our health experts made the best calls they could at the time. As time went on, they learned from their mistakes and it's the reason hospitals are no longer being overrun, and we don't have a vent shortage.

The public's reaction to buy/hoard all essential goods is the exact reason they tried to downplay it. The general public was dumb enough to think they needed to hoard up on supplies/food which lead to the supply chain getting behind.

Stating the Trump administration did nothing to prevent or help during the pandemic is completely ignorant and tells me the kind of person I'm interacting with here. I'll just add you to the list of Never Trumpers that lurk on this board.

6,500,000 cases and 195,000 dead compared to 60,000,000 cases and 12,500 dead. MAGAnificent job Trump.

COVID much deadlier then H1N1. H1N1 was less deadlier than the flu...you should consider yourself lucky that Trump was in office or we would have 1.2MM dead based on the Obama/Biden cases from 2009.

I agree,MAGAnificent job Trump!!!!! Saved 800,000 lives ++, even under worst scenario moving forward.

Reactions: PurduePete98
Comparing 911 to covid is idiotic. Obviously with advanced notice the entire New York blocks that were affected could have been evacuated. The planes couls have been grounded. Both would have prevented every life from being saved. Covid was going to get to the US and it was going to spread regardless of course of action. Downplaying the virus was the correct call. All officials and experts did the same. In this thread alone you have evidence that Trump, Pelosi, and Fauci all down played the virus. It was the correct call.

Hospitals were only overflowing because doctors/experts didn't know how to handle/treat the virus at the time. Far too many people were admitted to hospitals in the beginning and far too many of those admitted were put on vents. That was no Trump's fault. That wasn't anyone's fault. Our health experts made the best calls they could at the time. As time went on, they learned from their mistakes and it's the reason hospitals are no longer being overrun, and we don't have a vent shortage.

The public's reaction to buy/hoard all essential goods is the exact reason they tried to downplay it. The general public was dumb enough to think they needed to hoard up on supplies/food which lead to the supply chain getting behind.

Stating the Trump administration did nothing to prevent or help during the pandemic is completely ignorant and tells me the kind of person I'm interacting with here. I'll just add you to the list of Never Trumpers that lurk on this board.

I am not sure if it is depressing or funny that you clearly do not understand that you just proved my point in your response. I'll add you to the list of people who I pray Purdue never conferred a degree on that lurk on this board . . .

If he was so concerned about the American safety, why did he sit on the tapes for 9 months? Answer it is about trying to influence an election and make money. Sad and predictable

Not sure about influencing an election but totally agree on the making money part. Woodward, Bolton, etc. who have prioritized making money over defending the republic don't deserve praise they deserve condemnation and scorn.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSIT
If he was so concerned about the American safety, why did he sit on the tapes for 9 months? Answer it is about trying to influence an election and make money. Sad and predictable
Don't disagree with you about Woodward.

Reactions: BSIT
I am not sure if it is depressing or funny that you clearly do not understand that you just proved my point in your response. I'll add you to the list of people who I pray Purdue never conferred a degree on that lurk on this board . . .
CS degree from Purdue 😉.

I didn’t prove any of your points.

Reactions: atlboiler2156
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT