ADVERTISEMENT

They Say "Money Talks" So Let's Talk

What are your guys opinions on Google and Microsoft? Looking to buy both of them on the next dip.
Do not have either in my portfolio. Chart for MSFT suggests a bearish move. Has a H&S pattern, suggesting a downward move. Maybe look at $200 entry point or lower? This has been a crazy year, it may zoom higher. Disclaimer: I am not a financial analyst.

Did not look at Google.

Reactions: N1bruns
Got any ideas? I've got some cash sitting on the sideline. Need to make up the ATXI bomb.
bone,

take a look at some mid-cap stocks in industrials, healthcare and basic material sectors. Those should do OK in a Biden admin. I've had ALB in a watchlist for a few months and it has shot up about 45% in 3-4 weeks. May be out of your price point. I am hopeful to start a position in ALB before it gets much higher. I have a few oil sector stocks in a watchlist. Waiting on the GA senate results before making any move into this sector. Have not run many screens on non-dividend stocks, prob are many opportunities in the aforementioned sectors.

You still like FCEL?

Was looking at this Yahoo Finance page on them. https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/FCEL?p=FCEL
The chart looks good, but seems like the analysts are all over the board on them. Bunch of downgrades.
FCEL after hours provided some excitement tonight with the filing of a new offering without a projected price. I am inclined to think it is a good move and will be used to pay down debt. While I still like the stock generally, I thought given the dropping price it might be a good point to get some protection so I sold about half which gave me the return of my entire costs together with a 100% profit as well as, of course, the retention of my remaining shares. I haven't decided if I will buy back the sold portion, or perhaps more, or not during this dip, but I do lean that direction.
Certainly is interesting and will be moreso at opening bell. The Robinhood group will likely be pretty wide eyed upon looking at their morning lists...lol.
Thnx for the other info, also

FCEL after hours provided some excitement tonight with the filing of a new offering without a projected price. I am inclined to think it is a good move and will be used to pay down debt. While I still like the stock generally, I thought given the dropping price it might be a good point to get some protection so I sold about half which gave me the return of my entire costs together with a 100% profit as well as, of course, the retention of my remaining shares. I haven't decided if I will buy back the sold portion, or perhaps more, or not during this dip, but I do lean that direction.
Certainly is interesting and will be moreso at opening bell. The Robinhood group will likely be pretty wide eyed upon looking at their morning lists...lol.
Thnx for the other info, also
FCEL getting bludgeoned in premarket, down 24% on top of the 11% drop yesterday. The entire alternative energy sector getting beat up right now.

bone,

take a look at some mid-cap stocks in industrials, healthcare and basic material sectors. Those should do OK in a Biden admin. I've had ALB in a watchlist for a few months and it has shot up about 45% in 3-4 weeks. May be out of your price point. I am hopeful to start a position in ALB before it gets much higher. I have a few oil sector stocks in a watchlist. Waiting on the GA senate results before making any move into this sector. Have not run many screens on non-dividend stocks, prob are many opportunities in the aforementioned sectors.
For the most part, the stocks I discuss here are somewhat of fliers. Hoping to catch lightening in a bottle.
Most under $20/share and usually under $10. It's high risk, high reward with the willingness to accept some huge losses (and I've been on the receiving end of both....).
For my safe/non-gambling money, I just throw is into about 10 mutual funds and ETFs. Set it and forget it.

Reactions: 70boiler
FCEL getting bludgeoned in premarket, down 24% on top of the 11% drop yesterday. The entire alternative energy sector getting beat up right now.
FCEL priced the offering at $6.50 so the swoon likely will submarine that figure, particularly since the attached a negative financial with the notice. On the positive side, the funds are intended to payoff a significant debt and I believe that the debt amount may be adjusted down through the use of discounted shares in lieu of cash.
I guess time will clarify it considerably

FCEL priced the offering at $6.50 so the swoon likely will submarine that figure, particularly since the attached a negative financial with the notice. On the positive side, the funds are intended to payoff a significant debt and I believe that the debt amount may be adjusted down through the use of discounted shares in lieu of cash.
I guess time will clarify it considerably

I'm going to keep an eye on it but not pull the trigger just yet.

For the most part, the stocks I discuss here are somewhat of fliers. Hoping to catch lightening in a bottle.
Most under $20/share and usually under $10. It's high risk, high reward with the willingness to accept some huge losses (and I've been on the receiving end of both....).
For my safe/non-gambling money, I just throw is into about 10 mutual funds and ETFs. Set it and forget it.
You and 70b in on MACK?

Look at TWIN, industrial stock, made a move very late b4 market closed. May continue on Thursday.

You and 70b in on MACK?

Look at TWIN, industrial stock, made a move very late b4 market closed. May continue on Thursday.
I'm not but they do look interesting. What was the catalyst for MACK yesterday, if any?
I opted to enlarge my FCEL afterhours.

I'm not but they do look interesting. What was the catalyst for MACK yesterday, if any?

Good call on FCEL. I didn't pull the trigger and probably should have yesterday when it was down 33% in 24 hours.

Looked at MACK, the chart doesn't excite me. Was basically flat for 1 yr then had a run up the last 4 days, has already come down 15% from the high earlier this week.

Reactions: 70boiler
I was browsing the market late Wed b4 closing. MACK had huge volume yesterday.

TWIN had most of the volume a few mins b4 closing, run up to closing started about 2PM.

Bluechips don't excite me. I get plenty of them in my mutual funds.
I own them, along with FB, AMZN, NFLX, and AAPL, but then again I don’t do mutual funds, I just buy individual stocks, usually Motley Fool Rule Breaker recommendations. CRWD has been a nice one recently.

Thoughts on automated investing platforms? Specifically Schwab Intelligent Portfolios if anyone has experience with that.

Thoughts on automated investing platforms? Specifically Schwab Intelligent Portfolios if anyone has experience with that.
I have no experience with them but assume that they would operate based upon some algorithm as institutional traders operate. If so, they would seem like having your smart son-in-law day trading on steroids with your money and you having to deal with computing short term gains and losses...
😉😉😉
EDIT: I forgot to include - that I have read various articles on them and the whole issue is establishing the trade rules that the algorithms implement. There is a very basic analysis of the concept on Investopedia for instance.

Last edited:
If you like to gamble, take a look at TRIL.

Down to $12.75 from it's Nov high of $20.13. Sounds like they presented some uninspiring clinical data.
I'm considering taking a position since it's been hammered so much.

I like ABNB, but I’m gonna wait and see how it shakes out. Right now it’s market cap is more than Booking!

Was listening to some financial radio on my drive yesterday. It's crazy to think that a company that doesn't buy or make anything, has no inventory, shipping, receiving, etc becomes an instant multi billion $ valuation overnight. All they do is manage information. Genius.

Anyone got any ideas?
I'm bought more CPST and am enjoying a very good 1 month run with both OCUL and SPRO.
My bet on TRIL hasn't bounced back yet, but it's early.

Anyone got any ideas?
I'm bought more CPST and am enjoying a very good 1 month run with both OCUL and SPRO.
My bet on TRIL hasn't bounced back yet, but it's early.
LMND is a recent Fool pick, and it’s done well for me already. Some sort of insurance industry disruptor.

ATXI up 50% today.
TRIL has a nice pop the last couple of sessions.

Yeh, I bought it on the dip about a week ago at $13.07, so I'm not in the black yet but trending that way.

If you want to throw some $ at something, look at ATXi. I bought at 12, but they got some bad news from the FDA and it fell off the cliff to around 3. (that hurt bad....) but it's now bounced 100% off that low and seems to be having new talks with the FDA.

ATXI up 50% today.

Yeh, I bought it on the dip about a week ago at $13.07, so I'm not in the black yet but trending that way.

If you want to throw some $ at something, look at ATXi. I bought at 12, but they got some bad news from the FDA and it fell off the cliff to around 3. (that hurt bad....) but it's now bounced 100% off that low and seems to be having new talks with the FDA.
Price targets looks good but it took a big jump today. I'm sure there will be some profit taking come next week? I might buy some on the next dip.

I meant to post this yesterday but didn't get to it until now.
There are a couple OTC that bear watching, imho, HYSR and BSRC. I think they are prime for a quick hit at the minimum and may be moderately long holds.

One of my biotech fliers took off on Tuesday.
OCGN.
up 75% o. The day and another 125% in ore market trading for Wed. Merry Christmas!!!

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
I saw that. I held it for a long time and finally gave up a couple months ago...lol...never fails, does it?

Yeh, usually happens that way. I'm sitting on a 250% gain and should probably sell and not be greedy since it'll probably drop down below $1 if I don't.

Never bought FCEL, should have listened.
My bets on OCUL, SPRO and CPST paying off.
Still climbing out the hole I was in with ATXI.
Bought TRIL again after it's big drop but that hasn't done much yet.
My single largest holding shares wise is GERN which I'm in the red on and have been for a while but just waiting it out.

Yeh, usually happens that way. I'm sitting on a 250% gain and should probably sell and not be greedy since it'll probably drop down below $1 if I don't.

Never bought FCEL, should have listened.
My bets on OCUL, SPRO and CPST paying off.
Still climbing out the hole I was in with ATXI.
Bought TRIL again after it's big drop but that hasn't done much yet.
My single largest holding shares wise is GERN which I'm in the red on and have been for a while but just waiting it out.
The hydrogens have been very good to me over the recent past with FCEL leading the pack at a 6 fold increase but PLUG at a 3.5 factor and BLDP at 1.5 not disappointing either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT