ADVERTISEMENT

They Say "Money Talks" So Let's Talk

Never bought FCEL, should have listened.
Sorry you passed...I just saw the specific number on this recent surge - it's up 67% in the last week and 477% in the last 3 months
EDIT... I think that there is some possibility of a positive information drop about its Groton, Connecticut operation in the near future that may very well give it an additional significant up bounce.
The recent offering that was used to satisfy debt has been a huge impetus.

Last edited:
I meant to post this yesterday but didn't get to it until now.
There are a couple OTC that bear watching, imho, HYSR and BSRC. I think they are prime for a quick hit at the minimum and may be moderately long holds.
I hope that some of you grabbed a handful of these...
today - BSRC +83%, and HYSR +47%

I hope that some of you grabbed a handful of these...
today - BSRC +83%, and HYSR +47%

Good call. When did you post that about BSRC and HYSR?

I'm about to close my position in TAIL. I got into it in late spring as a hedge against the market drop and it never did much. I'm down about 20% on it and figured I'll just take the loss and move on.

Do you think FUBO is a good entry point for tomorrow?
Yes, but I wouldn’t buy an entire position tomorrow. I’d do 1/3 tomorrow, then another 1/3 in a month, then another 1/3 a month after that. So if you were going to invest $1500 total, do $500 each month. I’m going to get more. Worked with SFIX and UBER.

Yes, but I wouldn’t buy an entire position tomorrow. I’d do 1/3 tomorrow, then another 1/3 in a month, then another 1/3 a month after that. So if you were going to invest $1500 total, do $500 each month. I’m going to get more. Worked with SFIX and UBER.
That’s a good suggestion with the way this market seems to be right now.

When a name that I like is dipping, I prefer to buy my position in increments, to spread out the risk a bit. Admittedly, with FUBO up big today, it doesn’t look as shrewd...

I guess that I don't understand why, if I have done an appropriate evaluation, and concluded that I want to invest X dollars, and that the price is at what I have determined to be a proper entry point, I would then defer my purchase into increments. The concept just baffles me. I certainly am not saying it's wrong, only that I don't see a benefit under the given circumstances.

I guess that I don't understand why, if I have done an appropriate evaluation, and concluded that I want to invest X dollars, and that the price is at what I have determined to be a proper entry point, I would then defer my purchase into increments. The concept just baffles me. I certainly am not saying it's wrong, only that I don't see a benefit under the given circumstances.
Basically it’s a hedge against the stock continuing to fall. But the flip side is you might actually catch it at the bottom and miss out.

Basically it’s a hedge against the stock continuing to fall. But the flip side is you might actually catch it at the bottom and miss out.
I understand that to an extent, but isn't that essentially saying nothing more than that you are simply not committed to the stock being at a proper entry point?

I understand that to an extent, but isn't that essentially saying nothing more than that you are simply not committed to the stock being at a proper entry point?
I guess I don’t think as much about proper entry points, versus just buying good businesses.

When a name that I like is dipping, I prefer to buy my position in increments, to spread out the risk a bit. Admittedly, with FUBO up big today, it doesn’t look as shrewd...

Dollar cost averaging. But, I do agree with 70, in that when I take a position, I go with whatever I'm going to invest.
If it goes down 10% before your second 1/3 investment and then down another 10% before your final 1/3, yes, you've spread out the risk and you've spread that 20% loss out. But do you do the same if the stock is going up?

I guess I don’t think as much about proper entry points, versus just buying good businesses.
Fair enough. This all makes far more sense to me given that parameter. The reason that I think I was confused is that Skydog had started this part of the discussion by asking you about the the entry point here -
Do you think FUBO is a good entry point for tomorrow?
and your reply -

Did you get out of FUBO? In the course of 1 month, it's gone up 100% and down 100%. You needed to be a really good market timer to catch that one correctly.

Fair enough. This all makes far more sense to me given that parameter. The reason that I think I was confused is that Skydog had started this part of the discussion by asking you about the the entry point here -

and your reply -
I really didn’t follow the company so was just asking an opinion. I didn’t buy anything today just waiting for the election results before adding any new money in the market.

I really didn’t follow the company so was just asking an opinion. I didn’t buy anything today just waiting for the election results before adding any new money in the market.
I understood why you were asking. I was just curious about the response, was all.

crazy market reaction to the GA runoff. I can't figure it out....
Did pick up some more OCGN. I originally bought when it was about .50, then it rocketed up on the news that they were developing a covid vaccine with a leading biotech company in India.
Bought more at $2.60 based on some new info and analysts ratings.

crazy market reaction to the GA runoff. I can't figure it out....
Did pick up some more OCGN. I originally bought when it was about .50, then it rocketed up on the news that they were developing a covid vaccine with a leading biotech company in India.
Bought more at $2.60 based on some new info and analysts ratings.
I think the initial reaction is a lot of Robinhood type investors reacting in a kneejerk to the old bromide that Dems will blow up the economy, and coupled with some more savvy seeing that there are some real gems to be had, e.g. my Hydrogens all are running to an extent. About Friday I think we'll have some clarity.

Might wanna Buy PLUG tonight. $1.5b fund infusion agreement.
EDIT 7:58 Eastern - Probably too late now. It's up $9 after hours.

Last edited:
Might wanna Buy PLUG tonight. $1.5b fund infusion agreement.
EDIT 7:58 Eastern - Probably too late now. It's up $9 after hours.

yep, should have listened about 3 months ago or whenever it was we were discussing it.
Same with FCEL.
Did you hold onto BLDP? I made a little $ but got out, it's around $27 now. uggg....
My big winner recently has been CPST.
What else you got on your radar you're thinking about?

yep, should have listened about 3 months ago or whenever it was we were discussing it.
Same with FCEL.
Did you hold onto BLDP? I made a little $ but got out, it's around $27 now. uggg....
My big winner recently has been CPST.
What else you got on your radar you're thinking about?
I kept a few shares of BLDP, I think 100, and just let it sit.
Yes FCEL and PLUG have been big. I bought HYSR on the hope that their prototypes are successful and they seem to be and that the 2nd generation increases interest. At $.10 I didn't really think there was much downside to a few thousand shares and I have upped some since then. It looks to be a let it simmer type of item. I look for it to ultimately perform though, given their hiring a PR agency that is pretty specialized in the alternative fuels area.
I've looked at a handful of things but nothing seemed ripe and since I am sitting with FCEL, PLUG and HYSR on at least a moderate timeframe, I really have been looking more for a quick in and out, although I came close to doing that with HYSR when it made a 70% rum up a while ago but decided to sit it out for a longer time to try for a HR similar to FCEL.

I have to admit that the ongoing strength of the PLUG surge surprises me a bit, notwithstanding the strength of the H2 sector

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT