ADVERTISEMENT

They Say "Money Talks" So Let's Talk

Bought a few shares BIOC at .89 in premarket, sold at 1.15 shortly after open. I think it still has a decent amount of up room currently

Super week for the markets!

Some notable earnings reports for Aug 10-14.

Monday - Novavax, Inovio, Duke Energy, PPL.
Tues - Sysco
Wed - Cisco
Thur - AMAT
Fri - Draftkings, for the gamblers.

Prob more notables, recognized those companies. Earnings winding down.

There is about to be an IPO for Rocket Companies, the umbrella for Quicken Loans, Rocket Mortgage... Projected price of $20 - $22

Just refied withe Loan Depot out of CA. 2.875 on a 30 yr fixed. Saw a commercial for them on TV for the first time yesterday so they must be doing well.
I wish that I had been able to get in to the initial offering...
Dan Gilbert’s Wealth Soars to $34 Billion After Rocket IPO - YAHOO FINANCE LINK

Economy continues to improve. Some indicators I watch have been gradually getting better since March/April. Oil is now low 40's, rising slightly the past two months. Another is Total Vehicle Miles Driven. No updated numbers for June, July. Definitely more vehicles on the road since May. Lightweight Vehicle sales continue to rise. July numbers were about 11% higher than June. Three consecutive months of increasing sales. Still down about 12-13% from Feb. Copper is at about $2.80 a pound.

Freight trains are moving more tanker cars in the past 2-4 weeks. Train I saw while running today had 3 engines up front with two pusher engines 2/3 way back. Hoppers, box cars, flats and lot of tankers.

How'd I miss out on this one! MCRB. Small cap biotech, should have been in my wheelhouse. But, there was nothing in the chart leading up to today that would have make me buy.

I'm still holding big positions in GERN, BDSI, OCGN, AGRX, hoping to find a couple of homeruns like MCRB hit today.

I'm watching AVGR (closed at $0.67) for some additional possible upticks. Completed some funding, had a substantial institutional purchase and has made some price headway recently...

I'm watching AVGR (closed at $0.67) for some additional possible upticks. Completed some funding, had a substantial institutional purchase and has made some price headway recently...

Going to watch AVGR.

I've done well recently with TRIL,
I also like AGRX which has a nice 2 yr chart.
My largest share holding is GERN, which just likes to bounce around but is a likely takeover target for a big pharma company.

Going to watch AVGR.

I've done well recently with TRIL,
I also like AGRX which has a nice 2 yr chart.
My largest share holding is GERN, which just likes to bounce around but is a likely takeover target for a big pharma company.
BIOC will roll today... new patent

NMTR may make a move. Some clinical trial activity, recent large volume coupled with a fairly significant amount of insider purchases...

Up 33% premarket. Still strike at the opening bell you think?
Tough call. If I were to guess, I would say there will be some profit taking just before and after the bell. Again a guess, that the profit taking will be a dip with a surge following. How long and how high, not even a guess there since the buy/sell is emotional versus a particularized financial assessment. Typical day trade fodder, imho, at this point.

NMTR may make a move. Some clinical trial activity, recent large volume coupled with a fairly significant amount of insider purchases...

Up 33% premarket. Still strike at the opening bell you think?

Tough call. If I were to guess, I would say there will be some profit taking just before and after the bell. Again a guess, that the profit taking will be a dip with a surge following. How long and how high, not even a guess there since the buy/sell is emotional versus a particularized financial assessment. Typical day trade fodder, imho, at this point.
Guess this proves the truth in the saying that " Even a blind pig finds an acorn sometimes..."
I hope some of you could get on this (unfortunately I was in Court and unable to get in)
Screenshot-20200819-113804-Fidelity.jpg

563vzqdn

Guess this proves the truth in the saying that " Even a blind pig finds an acorn sometimes..."
I hope some of you could get on this (unfortunately I was in Court and unable to get in)
Screenshot-20200819-113804-Fidelity.jpg

563vzqdn

Hope whoever got in got out just as fast. 30% drop since Wednesdays high.
Day traders dream right there. Just need to be able to time it.

Pulled the trigger on ATXI today.
It's one of those small cap biotechs I love.
First looked at it Dec 2019 when it was $6.24 but didn't do anything.
Looked again recently and it's at $12.09 with a great chart through the pandemic. https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ATXI?p=ATXI
Hoping the momentum continues.

Been a while since I last posted. Have not added much to my portfolio, reinvested some dividend cash in a bond fund and added to my position in AT&T.

Third quarter earnings reporting starts this week. Should be a strong quarter.

And some info on the importance of creating an emergency fund. This was briefly commented in an earlier post. Don't recall who posted the need to have an emergency fund. I did not recheck if these links still work. Been a couple months since I tried them. There is a ton of info available on the web.

https://www.kiplinger.com/article/r...us-has-shown-true-value-of-cash-reserves.html

https://www.kiplinger.com/personal-...ngs/601120/emergency-funds-how-to-get-started

https://www.kiplinger.com/article/r...-step-in-wealth-creation-emergency-funds.html

https://investor.vanguard.com/emergency-fund/

https://www.daveramsey.com/blog/quick-guide-to-your-emergency-fund

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/banking/savings/emergency-fund-why-it-matters

https://bettermoneyhabits.bankofamerica.com/en/saving-budgeting/emergency-fund-tips

Bought some CPST and then made a bad gamble on OPTT last week. Tried to catch the rocket momentum on OPTT for a quick buck and end up losing a few $k. Got out of that one.

Got absolutely destroyed on ATXI today. They got a negative letter from the FDA and investors dumped like crazy. Ouch.

Earnings report for this week.

Some notable companies: PG, Netflix, UNP, T, VZ, Tesla, Canadian RR's, ABT, LMT, Intel, KMB, ITW.

Next two weeks are huge earnings weeks. Last week saw some very good earnings from banks. May add PNC to my portfolio after Nov dividend payout.

Nice return the last 3 weeks for my portfolio. Value stocks all did very well.

Futures up this morning, hope for another strong day.

Huge week for earnings:

Miss on earnings/revenue and the stock will get hammered. See IBM and UNP from last week. Regional banks have posted very good earnings the last two weeks.

Next week is also a big earnings week.

Huge week for earnings:

Miss on earnings/revenue and the stock will get hammered. See IBM and UNP from last week. Regional banks have posted very good earnings the last two weeks.

Next week is also a big earnings week.

9 days before the election will be interesting to see which way the market swings.

Most believe that a Dem win is back for Wall Street while a Trump win is good.
Question is: Will that info and prediction of the outcome be reflected in the market moves this week?

Brutal day for the market. Not sure what to make of it. Probably a combination of the rona, political uncertainty, Pelosi delay any agreement on a stimulus plan until after the election.

Brutal day for the market. Not sure what to make of it. Probably a combination of the rona, political uncertainty, Pelosi delay any agreement on a stimulus plan until after the election.
Wall street not getting what it wants. Stimulus. And the other issues you noted in prior post.

Good earnings on Tuesday may provide some rebound. Most sectors got hammered pretty good. Utility stocks only "bright" spot for me today. Looked at mid-caps real early this morning. May put a little money into an ETF, wait until after election.

2016 market was down a little the week prior to the election, soared after. Prob same thing again.

Wall street not getting what it wants. Stimulus. And the other issues you noted in prior post.

Good earnings on Tuesday may provide some rebound. Most sectors got hammered pretty good. Utility stocks only "bright" spot for me today. Looked at mid-caps real early this morning. May put a little money into an ETF, wait until after election.

2016 market was down a little the week prior to the election, soared after. Prob same thing again.

if Trump wins, it should rocket. If Biden wins....who knows.

Reactions: BoilermakerG
Futures indicate another down day for the markets. Pre-election profit taking? Then a big run up after a Trump victory?

Third qtr earnings and revenue for stocks I own: 18 have reported earnings. 13 beat earnings estimate, 3 inline with estimate, 2 missed. 5-7 missed on revenue estimate. Pretty good, but still getting hammered this week.

MSFT reported great earnings/rev and it is down 6% pre-market.

Brutal, brutal day. One winner today. ADP, +9.

See how the big tech stocks, social media stocks do Thursday. Apple, Amazon, Alphabet Soup and make me puke, Facebook, Twitter.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Weekly Earnings:

Clorox with a beat. Up 2.3% pre-market. Market futures up, see how the day pans out.

Sitting tight until after the election is final. Looking at some mid-caps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT