ADVERTISEMENT

These Officials Should be Aplogizing

If you believe the officiating was bad and biased these last three games, just wait until we play on the road and don't receive that home field benefit of a doubt.

I know you Missouri guys like things simple, like women with less than 8 teeth, but that was a catch. I will give you this. Even if it was a catch, I think you could have scored on the ensuing drive ("ensuing" means following), going in for a touchdown for the win.

No sweat Missouri. Your QB and receivers played great. It was a fun game to watch right up to the end. Not what I wanted, but still a fun game.

It wasn't a catch....close, but he never had control all the way through...the balls out when he hits the ground,,,

It wasn't a catch....close, but he never had control all the way through...the balls out when he hits the ground,,,

That shows the opposite to me. You can see it cradled I’m thst right arm and when the ball does touch the ground it doesn’t bounce or move or roll at all. If you freeze it you can see his knee down, elbow down, and the ball firmly cradled in that arm. Then go one frame at a time and when the ball hits, it sticks right there in his arm. You still can’t see his hand fully either, just the back half of the ball. That isn’t more definitive than anything else that was shown at the time of the call and that was with me zooming in and going frame by frame.

You still can’t see his hand, but you can see that ball firmly cradled in his right forearm as he goes down and that ball doesn’t budge one bit as if it was loose.

Reactions: Boiler8285
"Even the media commentators calling the game were surprised."

LOL! You mean the blithering idiots that repeatedly called Derek Dooley the offensive coordinator for Purdue? The ones that didn't even know that Emmanuel Hall was out of the game since the first quarter? The B1G Network should be embarrassed to have those two morons calling a game. It's far past time for Glen Mason to be put out to pasture.

Reactions: JoplinTiger417
Thanks for posting proof it was a catch. After the initial bobble he has two hands on the ball and SECURES it. As he is going down there is no evidence of ball coming out. Play stands as called TD.

Been looking for a replay everywhere...

Replay was originally instituted to protect the integrity of the game against occasional bouts of terrible judgment by the officials. It has inevitably become a crutch. Now every single time there is judgment involved, there is a "safe" call made on the field with an automatic run to replay to determine what the "real" call should be. It's absolutely sucking the life out of sports. It's hard to even know when its OK to celebrate a TD or first down anymore because there's such a significant probability of it being taken away. And for what? Often just trading one controversial call for another. Only the replay call is MORE controversial because there is the tension between the expectation that it should result in a correct call 100% of the time versus the reality of subjectivity of terms such as indisputable.

Replay reviews should be kept to a minimum. Automatic reviews should be eliminated. Give each coach 3 challenges. Each review lasts no more than 60 seconds. If it isn't obvious one way or another after seeing each angle one or two times a real time or at a minimum of half speed, the call on the field stands.

“Purdue has no one but themselves to look at for losing this game “.
Seriously??!!
Last week, true statement. This week the refs played a part. Not the majority of it, but they contributed to it. Shame on the refs. Embarrassing reversal of the TD.
Purdue can’t afford this year to get homered by the refs, which has happened 2 out of 3 games so far.
First of all, it wasn't a catch. He never possessed the ball. He didn't have control of it when he hit the ground. The front hand was not on the ball and the ball moved. I know you arent' going to agree, but it's true.

Secondly, before the end of the first half there was a bad no-call on 3rd down PI right before the blocked kick. Even if Mizzou doesn't score, they wind down the clock at that point and Purdue doesn't get 7 before half. You can't take a gift on one hand and then complain about something that was arguably the correct call on another.

Pretty obvious it’s not a catch. And it’s really not close. One of those games for Mizzou where a lot was going Purdue’s way, and I’m just happy the better team won. Mizzou’s defense is atrocious.

Had never watched the BTN before Saturday night, and won’t be watching again. SEC Network actually has decent commentators and not complete homers that appear know nothing about the players, coaches, or game.

Pretty obvious it’s not a catch. And it’s really not close. One of those games for Mizzou where a lot was going Purdue’s way, and I’m just happy the better team won. Mizzou’s defense is atrocious.

Had never watched the BTN before Saturday night, and won’t be watching again. SEC Network actually has decent commentators and not complete homers that appear know nothing about the players, coaches, or game.

A fan of an SEC team calling out bias might be the funniest thing I will read all week. Compound it with your own bias for your team to completely blind you makes it even funnier. Not good enough for troll of the week, but a solid contender.

Last edited:
First of all, it wasn't a catch. He never possessed the ball. He didn't have control of it when he hit the ground. The front hand was not on the ball and the ball moved. I know you arent' going to agree, but it's true.

Secondly, before the end of the first half there was a bad no-call on 3rd down PI right before the blocked kick. Even if Mizzou doesn't score, they wind down the clock at that point and Purdue doesn't get 7 before half. You can't take a gift on one hand and then complain about something that was arguably the correct call on another.
replays are going to ruin the college game just like it has the NFL. It was a catch. Before instant replay was it a catch? Yes. Before TV? Yes. When you apply the definitions of what is a catch and what is not any play that involves a player laying out to catch a football where the ground comes into play is a none catch.

Reactions: CHUD in FL

This might be the funniest post from an opponent I've seen yet!

Reactions: CHUD in FL
That call was shameful when there was clearly no video evidence to overturn the call. Disgusting.
If you look at it until the end, the ball was clearly loose when he hit the ground although it appears as if he had it in his possession on the way down. I think it was clearly a drop. And you should never allow your team to be in a position as a player or coach to let a ref's call determine the outcome of the game. Very good offense...crummy defense.

If you are talking about the part where he said SECN aren't homers, I agree. Most of them played in the conference or have been lifelong fans of the conference. The SECN has the advantage that when a guy named "Booger" talks you have to listen because he really knows what he is talking about. You just can't do that anywhere else.

I did agree with his point about the announcers being bad. On one Drive Purdue was moving the ball and the announcer was talking about Derek Dooley's playcalling for Purdue. I knew there was a reason Purdue was blowing up the Mizzou D. Our new OC was scouting us and sending plays to our opponents!. (I think he was getting confused by Purdue's light uniforms, because there was more than once I had to shake my head.)

I still remember the days when we weren't on TV more than a couple times a season. I don't care who the announcers are. I just appreciate being able to watch. That part of the production was just fine.

The problem with these goofballs from that odd shaped state in the middle of the country is that they have such a painfully week life that they are posting on and other universities for him. Ha ha Ha ha ha, the show me state must not have much to show me.
What a sad existence it must be in that hot and humid miserable existence they call Misery

This....the momentum shifted back to MIZZOU after the field goal. Total different defensive game plan if score is 41-37
You have hit the nail on the head regarding the defense. As important as that fact is, an equally important fact is that the MO offense would have been under a hugely greater degree of pressure had they been staring at defeat if unable to score a touchdown. Minimal pressure making a field goal to win the game, vs the pressure associated with having to score a TD to keep from losing it

You are smoking crack if you think that was a catch. It was clear on replay that the WR did not have control of the ball as he was going down and the entire ball hit the ground and bounces back up. It was an easy call, I am only surprised they reversed it considering how terrible the officials were all game, especially in the first half. That no call PI right before the half took a likely 17 point Mizzou lead at the half and gave Purdue a chance to come down and cut the lead to 3. Officials missed blatant face mask, 2 horse collars and several easy holding calls on Purdue RT. You should be glad that Acy our CB was hurt on that first play and that Hall was out most of the game at WR. Both being out lessened Mizzou for sure.

BTW- your QB played great, even when Mizzou had good coverage he made some perfect throws.

B1G office must be smoking crack too, as they just announced the call shouldn't have been overturned

I guess you're smarter than the B1G Office, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT