ADVERTISEMENT

There was a meeting ....

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
There was a meeting held. People who can fire coaches were there - it involved all the coaches. I'm sure this isn't a surprise. What was said is rumor at this point and I won't repeat it. I am sure we will start hearing from people more in-the-know.

Reactions: nagemj02
Rumor is they were taking "a hard look" at it.
Ah, you heard the same rumor!
I wonder who would be given the interim title? I think Taver Johnson and Tim Lester are probably the leading candidates. Lester was a HC in D2 (Elmhurst) and Johnson was the assistant HC at Arkansas.
Rumor is there will be more than one role to fill ... which makes things more complicated.

There was a meeting held. People who can fire coaches were there - it involved all the coaches. I'm sure this isn't a surprise. What was said is rumor at this point and I won't repeat it. I am sure we will start hearing from people more in-the-know.
What's your source on this? I want to believe this, but rumors are constantly being started on here.

I should clarify. I wasn't asking for him to name a specific source. I was more asking if he had a source or where he got this information from.
More than one. All are part of the program. But!!!! It is all very general art this point. Must do better than Saturday ... All of you must do better .... ... well, what is the specific criteria for better? Does "all" really mean ALL? It's way too undefined to try to define. BUT, there was a meeting. It was not pleasant. The denials are PR fluff. Better than the past, in my opinion ... we shall see ...

More than one. All are part of the program. But!!!! It is all very general art this point. Must do better than Saturday ... All of you must do better .... ... well, what is the specific criteria for better? Does "all" really mean ALL? It's way too undefined to try to define. BUT, there was a meeting. It was not pleasant. The denials are PR fluff. Better than the past, in my opinion ... we shall see ...
So...they're actually on Double Secret Probation? Our new AD seems to have similar sized balls as our last AD.

Thank you for your response. Hopefully this means the end is near.

So...they're actually on Double Secret Probation? Our new AD seems to have similar sized balls as our last AD.
I'm not sure what part to of my post caused this post. If several coaches are let go, there must be a plan in place to fill those roles. They can't leave them empty. Relieving a coach in the middle of the season may be the right move, but replacing him/.them with the wrong guys sends a weak signal.

I'm not sure what part to of my post caused this post. If several coaches are let go, there must be a plan in place to fill those roles. They can't leave them empty. Relieving a coach in the middle of the season may be the right move, but replacing him/.them with the wrong guys sends a weak signal.
Sorry. Misunderstood. Thought they had one more week.

Thanks for the info!

Sounds like they were all put on warning. If that's the case, then that's pretty fu*king weak by Bobinski.

These clowns should've already been out on notice

Sorry. Misunderstood. Thought they had one more week.

Thanks for the info!
From what I've been told, it's more performance-based than time-based. And the performance criteria was not defined. I interpret it all as a "get your resume's updated ... ALL of you." But no direct threat of "by this weekend." Let's say the "embarrassment" quotient will be used.

Why can't they leave the positions open? They've been empty for nearly 4 years. How could reality empty be any worse???

Reactions: DG10
Sounds like they were all put on warning. If that's the case, then that's pretty fu*king weak by Bobinski.

These clowns should've already been out on notice
That may be true, but Bobinski hasn't been here forever .... sure, Whitman fired the Illinois coach on the first day, but he had the replacement already a done-deal. If Burke didn't put them on notice, then that's water way under the bridge.

My problem is timing. Illinois obviously is one of the weaker teams left on our schedule. We win that, it's a bit awkward to fire someone (although I think for most people, we are past whether it's the right thing to do or not).

You have a bye week after the Illinois game, so that's probably an ideal time to do it. But it's risking some if we do happen to win that game. But I think we're kind of past the point of it being controversial if we fire him.

My problem is timing. Illinois obviously is one of the weaker teams left on our schedule. We win that, it's a bit awkward to fire someone (although I think for most people, we are past whether it's the right thing to do or not).

You have a bye week after the Illinois game, so that's probably an ideal time to do it. But it's risking some if we do happen to win that game. But I think we're kind of past the point of it being controversial if we fire him.
Homecoming is after Illinois game. If he loses Saturday, he will be fired.

After the meeting, I'm sure everyone could find DH2 laughing all the way to the bank. ...with his long sleeve shirt under his short sleeve vest and his specially folded hat

Reactions: DG10
So.... the rumor is lose/be embarrassed, by some non specific scoring margin , stats , etc, and several positions may be fired?

why would the Illinois game be the line in the sand just now?

From what I've been told, it's more performance-based than time-based. And the performance criteria was not defined. I interpret it all as a "get your resume's updated ... ALL of you." But no direct threat of "by this weekend." Let's say the "embarrassment" quotient will be used.

I would guess that the team will be expected to compete.

So.... the rumor is lose/be embarrassed, by some non specific scoring margin , stats , etc, and several positions may be fired?

why would the Illinois game be the line in the sand just now?

5 games is probably a good number for a new AD to say he gave the coach a "fair" evaluation. MBob was hired to find the next football coach. If Hazell werent an unmitigated disaster, MBob wouldnt even be here.

Reactions: EastCoastBoiler

Who has a bye week after ILL? PU doesn't.

5 games is probably a good number for a new AD to say he gave the coach a "fair" evaluation. MBob was hired to find the next football coach. If Hazell werent an unmitigated disaster, MBob wouldnt even be here.
I guess?
who does he have to appear 'fair' to though?

The Bot has always supposedly been indifferent, most fans either came to the conclusion a long time ago or don't care either anymore

Maybe they think that somehow influences and assures the next coach to consider the job?

I guess?
who does he have to appear 'fair' to though?

The Bot has always supposedly been indifferent, most fans either came to the conclusion a long time ago or don't care either anymore

Maybe they think that somehow influences and assures the next coach to consider the job?

He has to appear fair to future candidates

Reactions: pboiler18
No worries. This was a preliminary meeting. After getting crushed this week there will be a meeting to form a committee to study the feasibility of keeping DH2. After the next week's loss there will be a meeting to discuss the preliminary findings and plan further studies. This is how a governmental agency works.

No worries. This was a preliminary meeting. After getting crushed this week there will be a meeting to form a committee to study the feasibility of keeping DH2. After the next week's loss there will be a meeting to discuss the preliminary findings and plan further studies. This is how a governmental agency works.
You left out the surveys and task forces.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT