ADVERTISEMENT

There is still a chance for 6-6

The last two years, most posters threw in the towel at some point and said there is NO way we are going to a Bowl Game.

This year is no different.

If we put it together against Maryland, we have a chance.
I posted something similar in another thread and the math still works for us to make a bowl, but we have to win every home game and steal one on the road.

Looking at our scheduled, all of our home games are winnable. The only road game I feel we can win is against NW as UW and our most hated rival are very good and are likely to beat us by a good margin.

It's a tough road ahead, but doable. But there has to be some changes and now. Hopefully the new O line will get us in the right direction. The defense showed up against PSU finally so if that keeps on going and wasn't an outlier, things might just turn around.

I haven't heard though, has there been any indication on when we might get Moore and Neal back?

Reactions: todd brewster
I am hopeful but think we fall one sort.....4 more wins this year is what I see.....

Guys are getting lots of experience and that will pay off in the next 2 years.

Boiler Up and always proud of the no quit and effort these guys put forth.

If Purdue wins 6 games, then the players and coaches have stepped up and done a good job the last part of the season. Would like nothing better than the team to come on and get a total of 6 wins, especially for the young players to go out on a good note this season. I am not expecting any miracles , will be at home games supporting team regardless.

To me it all comes down to the OL. What worries me is that we're making some of these changes to personnel and positions on the line, but if that ends up helping, then it begs the question of why was the line evaluated the way it was to start the season? Why was Beach the C for 5 games if he was that hurt? What's different now that makes us think it will be better with the changes?

To me it all comes down to the OL. What worries me is that we're making some of these changes to personnel and positions on the line, but if that ends up helping, then it begs the question of why was the line evaluated the way it was to start the season? Why was Beach the C for 5 games if he was that hurt? What's different now that makes us think it will be better with the changes?
They are trying something new. That and Beach has gotten worse as the season has gone on. I dont know if its back related or he cant make the calls and pick up his blocking assignment, etc. Gross-Mator literally ran across his face and then around him for a sack.

The last two years, most posters threw in the towel at some point and said there is NO way we are going to a Bowl Game.

I like the way you think. They are in the fight until they’re not. May be a long shot but they’re not out yet

Nothing gets better until they can figure out the OL problems! Got to be able to run the ball and protect the QB.

Nothing gets better until they can figure out the OL problems! Got to be able to run the ball and protect the QB.

This is exactly my point. For the past two years, we have started out ugly and posters were able to point out a myriad of problems. We then fixed the problems and finished well. I expect the same thing this year.

Ignacious is 100% right. Because of the teams on schedule, we may finish at 5-7. Either way, I am expecting improvement this season; but most importantly I am expected better and better results as the years go by.

Boiler up!

Reactions: SKYDOG
They are trying something new. That and Beach has gotten worse as the season has gone on. I dont know if its back related or he cant make the calls and pick up his blocking assignment, etc. Gross-Mator literally ran across his face and then around him for a sack.
Yeah, Beach’s back never has never really healed, so they benched him for awhile.

Kai Higgins, San Garvin, Eric miller, Ben holt and Brennan Thienemann are starters. Beat someone with that reality then let’s talk

Key to this is getting huge OL improvement and we need our biggest offensive weapon back. There was no word this week at all on Moore.

Key to this is getting huge OL improvement and we need our biggest offensive weapon back. There was no word this week at all on Moore.

Imagine our opponent was starting a brand new RT, a walk on center and a new LG. What would you predict

Just trying to stay optimistic, which was the purpose of this thread. I realize fixing these OL problems this year is a near impossible task. It will help this week that Maryland does not have the defense of PSU.

I look like a moron.. I’m asking People to wait for Maryland then Brohm benches most of the OL lol

If Purdue wins 6 games, then the players and coaches have stepped up and done a good job the last part of the season. Would like nothing better than the team to come on and get a total of 6 wins, especially for the young players to go out on a good note this season. I am not expecting any miracles , will be at home games supporting team regardless.

Fantastic comment and attitude. We need more like you on this board. I would be ecstatic if we won 6. I will be happy if we win 3 more given what has happened this year. I am excited to see our extremely young team grow and improve this year! Boiler up!

I posted something similar in another thread and the math still works for us to make a bowl, but we have to win every home game and steal one on the road.

Looking at our scheduled, all of our home games are winnable. The only road game I feel we can win is against NW as UW and our most hated rival are very good and are likely to beat us by a good margin.

It's a tough road ahead, but doable. But there has to be some changes and now. Hopefully the new O line will get us in the right direction. The defense showed up against PSU finally so if that keeps on going and wasn't an outlier, things might just turn around.

I haven't heard though, has there been any indication on when we might get Moore and Neal back?
The last two years it seemed that Iowa would be favored to beat us, but Brohm got the job done both times. Iowa is good but not unbeatable. This discussion would be a lot easier had we not blown the Nevada game.

Right now, there is still a path to a bowl game, which would be incredible if it happens. We have to hold serve at home and beat either NW or Iowa.

As much as I want to take out Wisky, I just have trouble seeing it right now. They are very good. We haven’t really ever stopped Jonathan Taylor from running over, through, and around us. They have a better defense than last year which should not be the case on paper considering what they graduated or had leave early.

Kai Higgins, San Garvin, Eric miller, Ben holt and Brennan Thienemann are starters. Beat someone with that reality then let’s talk
Just because they start doesn’t mean they get the most snaps. That lineup doesn’t scare anyone, I agree. We need Rondale and Neal back in the worst way. Getting Fuller, Worship, and Sparks back would help too.

Just because they start doesn’t mean they get the most snaps. That lineup doesn’t scare anyone, I agree. We need Rondale and Neal back in the worst way. Getting Fuller, Worship, and Sparks back would help too.

I’m just saying too many changes to know what expectations are. To me miller may be a help, he’s skinnier than Bramel but we weren’t getting bull rushed off the right side so much as DEs were just running right by Bramel. Garvin could be awful could be good. I just wanna see what they look like.

I think Graham’s demotion May have been a prelude to cam Allen taking a much larger role at safety.

I’m just saying too many changes to know what expectations are. To me miller may be a help, he’s skinnier than Bramel but we weren’t getting bull rushed off the right side so much as DEs were just running right by Bramel. Garvin could be awful could be good. I just wanna see what they look like.

I think Graham’s demotion May have been a prelude to cam Allen taking a much larger role at safety.
Allen I like, but he’s got to sit for the first half of the Maryland game for the targeting call at PSU. He’s got to play smarter.

Allen I like, but he’s got to sit for the first half of the Maryland game for the targeting call at PSU. He’s got to play smarter.

I don't think so since the targeting occurred in the first half. If it had been in the second half then he would have to wait until the second half of the Maryland game. But, I could also be wrong.

I don't think so since the targeting occurred in the first half. If it had been in the second half then he would have to wait until the second half of the Maryland game. But, I could also be wrong.
from what the rules say, he should be able to start the first half against Maryland

Having watched the Iowa offense last night (or lack thereof) I think that it is certainly possible for Purdue to take the Hawkeyes down next weekend. Purdue will be an underdog, but I can see the upset possibility.

We definitely need an upset somewhere and we need to beat both NW and Nebraska. Those are winnable games, but no room for error!

If ever there was a year to take it one game at a time, this is it. With so much youth playing key spots for Purdue I expect a few high and low spots as the season plays out. I like the trajectory after yesterday's performance and the future looks bright.
Just hoping that fans can realize this is a process and not get too high OR low during the steps.

NO, no there isn’t a chance for 6-6. Are you really that much of a sunshine boiler?

you beat ONE TEAM, at home. You are delusional to think you can even beat IU this season.

If you think you can win 6, let’s not hear boiler nation complain about injuries preventing it.

Either you are also in, WITH INJURIES, or making excuses losing good players. Can’t have it both ways.
Excuse the F__ out of me,...have you checked out the reputations of the 4 teams that YOU'VE beaten so far ??

None of 'em can beat Bloomington South !!!
You've been a Big Ten joke for 120 years.
Nothing's gonna change.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Let's pray we upset Wisconsin and go 8-4. Then again, I am still ecstatic if we make it to a Bowl at 6-6.
Wisconsin could literally run Taylor every play and even tell us which direction the play was going and we still couldn't stop it. 0.0001% chance in that game.
Would love to get to 6 wins but at this point I'd take 5 and a victory over iu all things considered.

Reactions: atmafola
I'll take 4 more wins and be happy at this point. I just hope we can survive Wisky without injuries.
I say “Lorenzo Neil will return for the Wisconsin game because it will be his platform to show the press scouts but he is still capable of doing. He will be well rested and fully healed” when we beat Wisconsin it will be what we needed it when we needed it and it will help Lorenzo get what he needed

NO, no there isn’t a chance for 6-6. Are you really that much of a sunshine boiler?

you beat ONE TEAM, at home. You are delusional to think you can even beat IU this season.

If you think you can win 6, let’s not hear boiler nation complain about injuries preventing it.

Either you are also in, WITH INJURIES, or making excuses losing good players. Can’t have it both ways.

B-S.

It might be hard for you to understand, but two things can be true at once.

Reactions: goboilers2
A lot of fans go to one extreme or the other. I'm afraid now after one good win, some expectations have gone from not winning another game back to 6 wins and a bowl. I am about enjoying the progress this year, how the young guys are stepping up and getting real game experience, and how it will help into next season. If the chips happen to fall right and 6 wins happens, that's great. But the win total doesn't make or break the season or the rebuild.

You Loosiers are something else. Every season it’s the same bullshit. You get fat on cupcakes in the non-conference, start talking “that we’re back”, and then the cold reality of BIG play bitchslaps you right upside the head.

We just whipped Maryland, a team the Loosiers will not beat. IU hasn’t beaten a team with a pulse this year. By the time we play you, IU will be decimated with injuries.

And as if we need to remind you again. IU football sucks. IU hasn’t won a bowl game since 1991. IU hasn’t been ranked since like 1989. IU hasn’t had a winning season since 2007. IU is historically one of the very worst programs in Division 1.

You really have no idea how any of this works do you. We most certainly have a chance at 6 wins even with injuries because we have winnable games left. I get it, we're using math that is complicated to you, but all we have to do is win out at home and get one win on the road.

Good God you iu fans are just dense. I mean we joke about it and troll you with it on here, but you really and truly are.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT