ADVERTISEMENT

The road just got harder again for Purdue to climb the standings

MichaelRR

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 17, 2022
With the addition of USC, UCLA, and now Oregon and Washington, the 24-25 team could be marginally better than this next years team and still finish 11-13th in conference. Its going to be tough on a team of underclassmen and whatever tranfers we get to have to endure those long west coast road games and still keep their mental toughness and play their best ball against good teams coming in from the PAC.

But it should help with recruiting in the long run....How many west recruits has Purdue had over the years....This should help get Purdues foot in the door now

Reactions: MichaelRR
But it should help with recruiting in the long run....How many west recruits has Purdue had over the years....This should help get Purdues foot in the door now
We've actually done well recruiting out west when we were nationally relevant. But no one wants to come from sunny Cali to cold W Laf to sit in the middle or lower half of the conference.

Last edited:
Wow. Already counting out a team before it even comes together. A team that will have Jordyn Poole who is at the Chris Paul camp this week. Plus a healthy Amiyah Reynolds and a young experienced core.

Could I borrow your crystal ball for the lotto numbers, Michael 🥴

Wow. Already counting out a team before it even comes together. A team that will have Jordyn Poole who is at the Chris Paul camp this week. Plus a healthy Amiyah Reynolds and a young experienced core.

Could I borrow your crystal ball for the lotto numbers, Michael 🥴
Point out where I counted them out, and if you do not recognize this represents an increased level of difficulty, you aren't paying attention, which is all I said.

Won't the west coast teams have to endure the same long road games when they come east?
With the addition of USC, UCLA, and now Oregon and Washington, the 24-25 team could be marginally better than this next years team and still finish 11-13th in conference. Its going to be tough on a team of underclassmen and whatever tranfers we get to have to endure those long west coast road games and still keep their mental toughness and play their best ball against good teams coming in from the PAC.

Won't the west coast teams have to endure the same long road games when they come east?
They certainly will, but I doubt any of those 4 teams will have 10 first or second year (with the program) players on their roster. USC and UCLA made the field of 64, Oregon and Washington were just outside of it in a conference that had 7 ranked teams at the end of the year. Our "experienced players" in 2 years will be Layden, Smith, and the two transfers coming in this season. Everyone else will be frosh and sophs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT