ADVERTISEMENT

The most enjoyable football win in your life?

You nailed it. It was so unexpected coming off of the JC years, AND Tiller losing his first game to Toledo. Also helps that I had great seats :)

'97 was also my senior year, which made it even more special for me. There were so many great games during those early Tiller years, but that one really got it all started.

Reactions: Purdue85
I lived in Mishawaka at that time and took a van load of customers to the game. I was the only Purdue fan in the van and it was a very satisfying ride back up to South Bend after the game especially after losing to Toledo the week before. There was a couple of obnoxious ND fans in back of us who left half way through to 3rd qtr. Great game but the 2 Ohio State game with Brees to Morales and 2018 might have been better and I was there for both of them as well.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Purdue 28
Notre Dame 17
September 1997

Ended ND's 11-year winning streak vs Purdue and got the Joe Tiller party started. And to think, Purdue lost at Toledo the previous week.

I'm quoting this because I agree with you that much. 11 years in a row of getting mauled by ND was unbearable.

Now we just need to stop losing to !!*$!&! Wisconsin.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Little Ceasar bowl in Detroit about 10 years ago. Exciting game full of scoring, we won, saw old room mates, watched it live with family and friends. People can call it the toilet bowl all they want but that game represented everything I love about sports in general

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT