ADVERTISEMENT

The fallacy of if we only had talent

BSIT

All-American
Feb 2, 2011
Poipu, HI
In the 80's the big mantra was Keady gets the most from his talent. The 3 Amigos, Robinson and Cardinal teams never got to a FF even with NBA players on the rosters. He could only take his teams so far.

I remember he even lost the Pan Am games with all-stars. As a result, I think it is a smoke screen to say if we only had more blue chip players.

Fast forward to CMP and IMO we are worse Than Keady. It is inexcusable that we can't execute and adjust an undermanned ARLR team.

We don't keep attacking during the tournament which allows inferior teams to hang around. Great to play tough defense while we are on Defense but don't play defense when we are on Offense.

We need to have an offense that relies more on SKILLED PG's who are playmakers but this is also an excuse for CMP because this team had enough talent but he can't figure out the correct player combinations or run an inbounds play at the end of the game that puts the ball in our best FF shooters hands and not rely on a freshman who was the worst FF shooter for the season. I am not blaming Cline. He has been a great addition and will be a great Boiler when he graduates.

The last 2 NCAA's have highlighted CMP weaknesses. At this point, give me the good ole Keady years because at least he would have not let these leads slip away. However he wouldn't win the NCAA without recruiting and emphasizing strong PG play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News