ADVERTISEMENT

That's the way to fix it Joe...sit on your arse while the country suffers.

The blacks who will vote for Trump and the smart ones. They recognize the Democrats who have taken them for granted all these years have done little or next to nothing for them. Maybe try something different to see if the other side can make a better change for them.
So what has the republican party done for blacks in the past 60 years other than getting rid of affirmative action, promoting white supremacy, demonizing DEI, and against police reform, particularly police immunity, etc.?

So what has the republican party done for blacks in the past 60 years other than getting rid of affirmative action, promoting white supremacy, demonizing DEI, and against police reform, particularly police immunity, etc.?
Nothing of course. But try not to confuse desperate conservatives with things like facts.

Here's how it works Cowboy. Union leaders endorse but the workers will vote for Trump. UAW rank and file voted overwhelmingly for Trump last time and they'll do it again this year.

And after Tampon Timmy's sideshow tonight in the debate, this is going to be a fun five weeks.
YES! It sure as hell had been fun.
DIckless Donald doesn't seem to be enjoying it too much fun.

Maybe this time it could make their neighborhoods safer. Maybe they can fix the inflation problem. Maybe they will stop illegal immigration by a better border policy. We know the democrats have created this mess. If the Republicans don’t fix these problems don’t vote for them next time.

You keep living in the past. I don’t care what happened 60 years ago. This is the here and now, so that’s what I focus on.

Maybe this time it could make their neighborhoods safer. Maybe they can fix the inflation problem. Maybe they will stop illegal immigration by a better border policy. We know the democrats have created this mess. If the Republicans don’t fix these problems don’t vote for them next time.

You keep living in the past. I don’t care what happened 60 years ago. This is the here and now, so that’s what I focus on.
Of course you don't care what happened 60 years ago. However, I'm talking about the past 60 years meaning what happened 60 years ago up to and including current times. You failed to answer my question on what the republican party has done for issues specifically for blacks like getting rid of affirmative action, promoting white supremacy, demonizing DEI, and against police reform, particularly police immunity, etc.? I will also add federal aid to black farmers. Why are black farmers considered a separate entity in the first place?

Also, the Republicans had the power in the White House, Congress, and Senate in 2017 and failed to do anything regarding policy and legislation for the immigration problem. So, how do you expect them to fix the problem this time if Chump wins?

Of course you don't care what happened 60 years ago. However, I'm talking about the past 60 years meaning what happened 60 years ago up to and including current times. You failed to answer my question on what the republican party has done for issues specifically for blacks like getting rid of affirmative action, promoting white supremacy, demonizing DEI, and against police reform, particularly police immunity, etc.? I will also add federal aid to black farmers. Why are black farmers considered a separate entity in the first place?

Also, the Republicans had the power in the White House, Congress, and Senate in 2017 and failed to do anything regarding policy and legislation for the immigration problem. So, how do you expect them to fix the problem this time if Chump wins?
Yes, the Democrats have done a great job running America’s biggest cities over the last 60 plus years.

I’m talking about fixing the issues that were created by your beloved democrats. Again, maybe people are tired of illegal migrants being dumped in their neighborhoods. Maybe they are tired of inflation and crime. If they like those things currently then vote again for the democrats.

Still don’t know why y’all are fighting so tough for Chump. Y’all are grasping for any hope y’all can muster.

Can’t speak for the Latinos, but there will no change in the blacks and union workers voting for Chump. If there is an increase, it will be so small that it won’t sway the election.
My son works in management for Stellantis/Chrysler in Kokomo and tells me that most of the UAW members want Trump. Back in the day, when union guys believed all the lies, they voted heavily for the Demorats. Now, more educated, they vote Republican a lot more.

Which grocery store chain is price gouging? Name one.
It’s not necessarily the grocery store chains but can’t rule them out. It’s most likely the elevated cost of each individual food and products from the manufacturers that the grocery stores get their products from.

This morning we bought 2 breakfast meals from McDonald’s for $20. That’s price gouging.

My son works in management for Stellantis/Chrysler in Kokomo and tells me that most of the UAW members want Trump. Back in the day, when union guys believed all the lies, they voted heavily for the Demorats. Now, more educated, they vote Republican a lot more.
So I take that these same UAW members are against the national UAW endorsing Harris?

These same UAW members are all in favor of Indiana becoming a right to work state?

These same UAW members are for Chump and the repubs for trying every instance to get rid of unions for decades?

The bottom line is that if their support for Chump is true then they deserve what ever happens to them if their jobs are eliminated due to the repubs eliminating unions.

It’s not necessarily the grocery store chains but can’t rule them out. It’s most likely the elevated cost of each individual food and products from the manufacturers that the grocery stores get their products from.

This morning we bought 2 breakfast meals from McDonald’s for $20. That’s price gouging.
What do you think a fair price should be for that?

No more than $5 or $6 per meal. How much do you think they should charge for a breakfast meal?
I don’t know what their costs are. The owner of the franchise probably doesn’t even make as much as you do anymore. Most everything today is more than what I think it should be. Labor, insurance, utilities, taxes, have gone up so much to factor it all in.

I don’t know what their costs are. The owner of the franchise probably doesn’t even make as much as you do anymore. Most everything today is more than what I think it should be. Labor, insurance, utilities, taxes, have gone up so much to factor it all in.
Prior to Covid, the cost of goods and services were elevated as it was. Then Covid came and the supply chain issue occurred. Then the companies providing goods and services decided to take advantage and raise prices; corporate greed ensued.

So you are for corporations raising prices indiscriminately?
What’s your definition of indiscriminately?

When the costs of inputs (raw materials, wages, production costs, ENERGY costs) go up, the inherent price of a product increases. That’s not really fitting your word indiscriminately (aka in a random manner; unsystematically).
Can you provide an example of a product price that was raised indiscriminately?

I can pretty much guarantee you that the energy costs went up in 2022, so the production costs of products increase. And when wages increase….well you get the idea (or I should say that most people get the idea).

Last edited:
What’s your definition of indiscriminately?

When the costs of inputs (raw materials, wages, production costs, ENERGY costs) go up, the inherent price of a product increases. That’s not really fitting your word indiscriminately (aka in a random manner; unsystematically).
Can you provide an example of a product price that was raised indiscriminately?
Yes, when you price gouge, you raise prices randomly, indiscriminately. You asked me to give an example of a product price that was raised indiscriminately. My answer is everything. Prices were going up years leading up to Covid. But during and after the pandemic these prices have gone up exponentially. Naturally since Biden was president during the bulk of these increases, he gets blamed for the inflation.

Prior to Covid, the cost of goods and services were elevated as it was. Then Covid came and the supply chain issue occurred. Then the companies providing goods and services decided to take advantage and raise prices; corporate greed ensued.
I will say having a mixed drink or a beer at a restaurant today is price gouging. What some of them charge is ridiculous.

I will say having a mixed drink or a beer at a restaurant today is price gouging. What some of them charge is ridiculous.
Oh yeah. But $20 for 2 breakfast meals at McD’s is ridiculous. Also, $12 to $15 for a double quarter pounder meal at all of the fast food restaurants is ridiculous.

Yes, when you price gouge, you raise prices randomly, indiscriminately. You asked me to give an example of a product price that was raised indiscriminately. My answer is everything. Prices were going up years leading up to Covid. But during and after the pandemic these prices have gone up exponentially. Naturally since Biden was president during the bulk of these increases, he gets blamed for the inflation.
So why didn’t corporations “jack up prices” when Trump was in office? Why start in 2022? Does every CEO hate Biden (that’s a joke) but a real question? Because many are on record against Trump….so why start in 2022?

And if everyone is making abnormally high profits, why isn’t the market up double from when Trump left office (aka 7600). Today, the S&P is up just over 50% (actually just 20% after taking into account the 20% tacked on due to inflation). Where is all of the profits going?

Last edited:
So which companies specifically are price gouging?

So why didn’t corporations “jack up prices” when Trump was in office? Why start in 2022? Does every CEO hate Biden (that’s a joke) but a real question? Because many are on record against Trump….so why start in 2022?

And if everyone is making abnormally high profits, why isn’t the market up double from when Trump left office (aka 7600). Today, the S&P is up just over 50% (actually just 20% after taking into account the 20% tacked on due to inflation). Where is all of the profits going?
I also that the corporate greed or price gouging ramped up during the pandemic. So it began towards the end of Chump’s presidency into Biden’s. The supply chain fiasco towards the end of Chump into Biden was part of this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT