ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks to those who voted for Slow Joe and Cammytoe.....

Like I said....culture.
There's a reason the hood is filled with people who have impulse response problem.
All right Mr. Culture. Yell the K-word in a Synagogue and see what happens to you.

To the Jewish people’s credit you probably don’t even know what the K-word is.

You guys may hate yourselves after I say this but Jim Crow exasperated and devastated the lives of so many black people.
Jim Crow laws ended around 1968. Over 50 years ago. When will they stop having an impact on black people and what will be the impetus to get these people out of the generational revolving door of poverty/govt dependency?

Jim Crow laws ended around 1968. Over 50 years ago. When will they stop having an impact on black people and what will be the impetus to get these people out of the generational revolving door of poverty/govt dependency?

The biggest issue within African American society is that around 60% of children don't have a father living with them. And a large chunk of single African American mothers don't receive child support. It's a recipe for disaster and why poverty continues.

What I don't understand is why African American Women continue to allow men to take advantage of them. Be smart and stop the cycle. And then maybe your children will have a chance in life. It's not all about systemic racism and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this stuff out.

One is too many, bone. It’s sad that I even have to say that, but here we are.

I’m actually going through the process of putting a loved one in a memory care facility. Do you have any idea what that costs per month? Because it’s outrageous. Hard working people who have done everything right get bled dry in a short amount of time when things like this happen. My family member was able to set up a LTC policy years ago and the family will be spared the worst of it, but most people can’t afford the premiums for those plans and are left with nothing.

You should really challenge yourself to understand life outside of your bubble sometime.
I genuinely feel for you on that. I have a feeling to some extent I will be dealing with that. 78 YO father same age as Biden going downhill . Stopped in for a six of Blue Moon and asked about project next door. Medical center of maybe 15 yrs was torn down , hoping for new restaurant and asked. A new medical center. They are going in like gas stations and there in lies the cost. I don't go to a doctor unless something has been cut off or death is imminent . How many medical centers do we need? Why are they advertising every where? If I need a doc i will know it.

Reactions: SKYDOG
eOne is too many, bone. It’s sad that I even have to say that, but here we are.

I’m actually going through the process of putting a loved one in a memory care facility. Do you have any idea what that costs per month? Because it’s outrageous. Hard working people who have done everything right get bled dry in a short amount of time when things like this happen. My family member was able to set up a LTC policy years ago and the family will be spared the worst of it, but most people can’t afford the premiums for those plans and are left with nothing.

You should really challenge yourself to understand life outside of your bubble sometime.
I too have been appointed POA and Guardian for an elderly cousin. Selling all assets to keep him in assisted living while his stroke took his short term memory. Three months ago and they're already trying to raise his rates. It truly is criminal.

The biggest issue within African American society is that around 60% of children don't have a father living with them. And a large chunk of single African American mothers don't receive child support. It's a recipe for disaster and why poverty continues.

What I don't understand is why African American Women continue to allow men to take advantage of them. Be smart and stop the cycle. And then maybe your children will have a chance in life. It's not all about systemic racism and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this stuff out.
I think the actual figure is a little over 70%. Then, the welfare system is set up such that in order get govt. assistance the father cannot live with the family is what my understanding is. Also, in the so called inner cities, the fathers are involved in crime either as drug traffickers and/or users. So a lot of these fathers are incarcerated. Some of the mothers may be as well. Like the old saying, “It takes two to tangle”. A lot of these “parents” are teenagers. Then on the other hand the parents who are not involved in the crime and drug scene have better relationships with their kids. They are more involved with the co-parenting like any other group.

Similarly to the 80’s crack epidemic in the black communities, as I read my daily local news paper, there are more and more stories about opioids like heroin and fentanyl, plus crystal meth getting a hold of the young people and some older folks in the white communities.

Like I said....culture.
There's a reason the hood is filled with people who have impulse response problem.
As opposed to you, who's an unabashed bigot with nothing between the ears but empty space and a "for rent" sign?

Referring to yourself? Do you even read what you post? You sound like a 14 year old bitch post ing from your basement having never lived a moment of life outside in the world

As opposed to you, who's an unabashed bigot with nothing between the ears but empty space and a "for rent" sign?
He doesn’t dance for Democrats like you do every day. You’re not for rent, you’re owned by the Democrats. It’s pathetic and sad.

Referring to yourself? Do you even read what you post? You sound like a 14 year old bitch post ing from your basement having never lived a moment of life outside in the world
Dude, you keep digging bigger and bigger holes. Give it up.

I think the actual figure is a little over 70%. Then, the welfare system is set up such that in order get govt. assistance the father cannot live with the family is what my understanding is. Also, in the so called inner cities, the fathers are involved in crime either as drug traffickers and/or users. So a lot of these fathers are incarcerated. Some of the mothers may be as well. Like the old saying, “It takes two to tangle”. A lot of these “parents” are teenagers. Then on the other hand the parents who are not involved in the crime and drug scene have better relationships with their kids. They are more involved with the co-parenting like any other group.

Similarly to the 80’s crack epidemic in the black communities, as I read my daily local news paper, there are more and more stories about opioids like heroin and fentanyl, plus crystal meth getting a hold of the young people and some older folks in the white communities.
First of all....only 25-30% of all black households have a husband or father in them. And if you don't want to go to jail, get an honest job and work.

BNI....I can't stand the white part of Obama. Nor any other part of such an individual. He had a chance to do great things for this country, and yet all he did was divide
I heard about his mother (Ann Dunham) by Parker Dunham guessing in the mid 60s about 2 to 3 mile from the Dunham house in Kempton, Indiana.

I put my mom in one four years ago at $10,000 per month. Curious what it is now where you live?
Sky, I just saw this. How is your mom doing? My mom just went into one in Fort Wayne last week. Including her level of care, it’s just over $7k per month. I thank god every day my parents had the foresight to plan for this and invest in a LTC policy (we are still waiting for final approval by the insurance company but she checks all the boxes) because we’d also be packing their house to sell for the funds to pay for it. The last few weeks have been a living hell (not done yet as she’s slated to have a hip replacement next week) but I know she’s in good hands now (and the MC facility is only three minutes from their house). There’s definitely no roadmap for this and I’ve learned way more about this process than I ever wanted to but here we are lol.

I genuinely feel for you on that. I have a feeling to some extent I will be dealing with that. 78 YO father same age as Biden going downhill . Stopped in for a six of Blue Moon and asked about project next door. Medical center of maybe 15 yrs was torn down , hoping for new restaurant and asked. A new medical center. They are going in like gas stations and there in lies the cost. I don't go to a doctor unless something has been cut off or death is imminent . How many medical centers do we need? Why are they advertising every where? If I need a doc i will know it.
Cray, we obviously don’t see eye to eye on much (understatement of the year lol) but I hope your dad is doing alright.

I’m torn on the medical facilities. I think most are a result of younger generations not wanting to be “institutionalized “ and they want convenience. My parents love that several new medical pavilions etc were built near them. But yes it definitely adds to the cost so I guess you pick your poison ha!

Sky, I just saw this. How is your mom doing? My mom just went into one in Fort Wayne last week. Including her level of care, it’s just over $7k per month. I thank god every day my parents had the foresight to plan for this and invest in a LTC policy (we are still waiting for final approval by the insurance company but she checks all the boxes) because we’d also be packing their house to sell for the funds to pay for it. The last few weeks have been a living hell (not done yet as she’s slated to have a hip replacement next week) but I know she’s in good hands now (and the MC facility is only three minutes from their house). There’s definitely no roadmap for this and I’ve learned way more about this process than I ever wanted to but here we are lol.
My mother had what nursing homes said was a great insurance policy, but it only lasted for 18 months or so. We ended up paying a sister to take care of her for her last couple of years 2000. Dad died in nursing home in 1985. My advice is frequent visitation (so they take care of her on a regular basis) and label her things and no put anything of financial worth with her as it will get stolen. Nursing homes are great for building humility...

That’s good that they invested in LTC. My mom went trough the hip replacement and continued to have falls. She has passed which was a good thing as toward the end was in a lot of pain. I hope your mom doesn’t take the same path as it’s more than tough. I wish you and yours the best and hope mom doesn’t suffer too terribly going forward.

That’s good that they invested in LTC. My mom went trough the hip replacement and continued to have falls. She has passed which was a good thing as toward the end was in a lot of pain. I hope your mom doesn’t take the same path as it’s more than tough. I wish you and yours the best and hope mom doesn’t suffer too terribly going forward.
I'm very sorry about your mom, Sky. I don't wish any of this on anyone, and am certainly wary of the risks of the surgery next week. We still think the pros outweigh the potential cons given her age (she's only 74), so I'm hoping for the best because she's in agony most of the time. I appreciate the kind thoughts.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I'm very sorry about your mom, Sky. I don't wish any of this on anyone, and am certainly wary of the risks of the surgery next week. We still think the pros outweigh the potential cons given her age (she's only 74), so I'm hoping for the best because she's in agony most of the time. I appreciate the kind thoughts.
Hopefully she will get cut in the front instead of the back. Less muscle cut and quicker recovery. I waited so long I could hardly walk in the hospital. They saw me and brought a wheel chair to me and took me in the chair to sign the papers.
One week with a walker and one week with a Cane and probably didn't need that. Make sure she does her exercises and gets whatever therapy she can.

Hopefully she will get cut in the front instead of the back. Less muscle cut and quicker recovery. I waited so long I could hardly walk in the hospital. They saw me and brought a wheel chair to me and took me in the chair to sign the papers.
One week with a walker and one week with a Cane and probably didn't need that. Make sure she does her exercises and gets whatever therapy she can.
Thanks, TJ. Yes, she's getting the surgery from the front. Her surgery has been delayed twice (potassium was too high the first time and she had pneumonia the second time), and her hip is so arthritic she can barely walk as well (she uses a walker when she remembers to!). She already had one hip replaced, but she was much better cognitively then, so her post-rehab at a skilled nursing facility will be crucial to her recovery.

I'm glad you're feeling better. It's amazing how fast folks can heal from these surgeries, but I imagine it's a lot easier to move when you're not in agony all the time, so it just naturally speeds up the healing process.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT