ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks to those who voted for Slow Joe and Cammytoe.....

So today’s calamity is Trumps fault. 👍. Do u even remotely find any fault with Biden?

As I told another independent who voted for Biden, while I wasn’t a fan of Trump’s presidential demeanor, I couldn’t find a way to vote for the Democrats and their economical policy train wreck. Fast forward 9 months and the Amtrack has left the rails.

The good news is that Republicans will have control of the House and Senate in 2022 and will have the presidency in 2024, with or without Trump.
Nah man, Trump's 100% running in 24, and he's going to win. I'd put money on it.

Bravo!! That means they must have finished reevaluating the TFP (used to determine SNAP benefits) which was part of the bipartisan Farm Bill passed back in 2018
A family of four will get $835/month in food stamps. This does not include additional WIC for infants and, of course, every kid in K-12 will get free lunches every day at school.

FYI, the most commonly purchased food using food stamps is soda and the foremost nutritional problem with food stamp recipients is obesity.

In the Shopping Cart of a Food Stamp Household: Lots of Soda

A government report shows that sugary soda is the most popular item in the shopping carts of families that receive federal food stamps.

A government report shows that sugary soda is the most popular item in the shopping carts of families that receive federal food stamps.Credit...Karsten Moran for The New York Times
By Anahad O’Connor
What do households on food stamps buy at the grocery store?
The answer was largely a mystery until now. The United States Department of Agriculture, which oversees the $74 billion food stamp program called SNAP, has published a detailed report that provides a glimpse into the shopping cart of the typical household that receives food stamps.
The findings show that the No. 1 purchases by SNAP households are soft drinks, which accounted for 5 percent of the dollars they spent on food. The category of ‘sweetened beverages,’ which includes soft drinks, fruit juices, energy drinks and sweetened teas, accounted for almost 10 percent of the dollars they spent on food. “In this sense, SNAP is a multibillion-dollar taxpayer subsidy of the soda industry,” said Marion Nestle, a professor of nutrition, food studies and public health at New York University. “It’s pretty shocking.”

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Boiler Buck
A family of four will get $835/month in food stamps. This does not include additional WIC for infants and, of course, every kid in K-12 will get free lunches every day at school.

FYI, the most commonly purchased food using food stamps is soda and the foremost nutritional problem with food stamp recipients is obesity.

In the Shopping Cart of a Food Stamp Household: Lots of Soda

A government report shows that sugary soda is the most popular item in the shopping carts of families that receive federal food stamps.

A government report shows that sugary soda is the most popular item in the shopping carts of families that receive federal food stamps.Credit...Karsten Moran for The New York Times
By Anahad O’Connor
What do households on food stamps buy at the grocery store?
The answer was largely a mystery until now. The United States Department of Agriculture, which oversees the $74 billion food stamp program called SNAP, has published a detailed report that provides a glimpse into the shopping cart of the typical household that receives food stamps.
The findings show that the No. 1 purchases by SNAP households are soft drinks, which accounted for 5 percent of the dollars they spent on food. The category of ‘sweetened beverages,’ which includes soft drinks, fruit juices, energy drinks and sweetened teas, accounted for almost 10 percent of the dollars they spent on food. “In this sense, SNAP is a multibillion-dollar taxpayer subsidy of the soda industry,” said Marion Nestle, a professor of nutrition, food studies and public health at New York University. “It’s pretty shocking.”
And it has nothing to do with Covid relief.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Amazing. If you were to turn off CNN and watch fair and balanced...not entirely FOX....you'd see that they're already projecting meat shortages, paper products are being limited to two per, dairy/butter are seeing shortages now. And prices have doubled on most items. And yes, I do like PB and a bowl of ham and beans with cornbread...so what if I do?. Nice try.....
Just came from the store. Everything is full and stocked.

A lot of people, that's who. That is why I participate on this board to give the black perspective. Most of y'all would not have know that unless I told you. Now you can google and you will see that it happened. Of course Hunter voted for Obama. What are you talking about? Assuming you are talking about Hunter saying the N-word, as bad as the word is, if you base someone just saying the word alone as racist then 99% of the country would be racist. N-word, K-word or any other slur.

So, what you're saying, is that libs or Dems get a free pass with the n-word ?

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
If you need to rely on the govt to help feed your kids, maybe you shouldn't be having kids in the first place.

Our school system needs to be teaching courses on financial responsibility and family planning.

How about "Get off your ass and get a job to feed your kids".
Quit being a leech and relying on the govt to do your job.
They have jobs:

Often full-time:

Offered without comment.

They have jobs:

Often full-time:

Offered without comment.

As I said, if your only qualified or skilled enough to work at Walmart or McDonalds, making minimum wage, you probably shouldn't be having children. Kids are expensive.

Yep, on average, an extra $430 per family per month to help feed the kids. What a terrible unchristian thing this is, I say let them kids starve
Right feed the kids by getting a jobbbbbb. Their are plenty available and they might make more than $430 a month according to you. It’s so much easier to do nothing and let the government send them money.

As I said, if your only qualified or skilled enough to work at Walmart or McDonalds, making minimum wage, you probably shouldn't be having children. Kids are expensive.
You didn’t say that, you said people on SNAP should “get off your ass and get a job to feed your kids.” I simply pointed out that they are, in fact, “off their asses.”

But, since you’re now going to pretend that you REALLY were talking about skill level and not laziness and have moved the goalposts accordingly, maybe Walmart and McDonald’s should pay their people enough that they can afford to feed their kids rather than rely on the taxpayers to subsidize their low wages. But also, “only people skilled enough to get higher-paying jobs should have kids” lacks a certain sense of decency toward other people. “Sorry, you are not allowed to engage in one of our basic biological instincts because you don’t have enough marketable skills…”

Until such time as automation can do all of our crappy jobs, someone has to do them, whether they have other useful skills or not. We’ve seen plenty of bitching on this board in recent months about restaurants being closed due to staffing issues and whatnot. You can’t demand that people take a job, any job, just so they’re not being lazy — and because you want a hamburger on demand — and then also say, “if you want to have kids, get a better job.” What happens to Walmart when, hypothetically, all their low-wage employees pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get better-paying jobs elsewhere?

All that aside, let’s say the parents are lazy, not working, and just living off the government — just the worst possible example of someone who takes advantage of the system. Are you ok with those parents’ kid(s) not being able to eat? What did the kid do to deserve that? Demonize poor parents all you want, but the end result of not supporting them punishes the kid for simply having the bad luck to be born to poor parents. Guess the kid should’ve just had the personal responsibility to have better-off parents, amirite?

All of this also ignores that there are people who receive SNAP who were doing just fine supporting their kids until any one of a thousand things forced them into poverty. But they at least have the skills for a good job, so I guess its ok for taxpayers to feed THEIR kids...

I have an idea to remove this burden from taxpayers while still making sure kids can eat. Add up all the federal assistance received by Walmart (or whatever company) employees and then send Walmart a bill.

Last edited:
So, what you're saying, is that libs or Dems get a free pass with the n-word ?
Nope, I’m saying if you go by just using the n-word alone, almost everyone in this country would be a racist no matter what your political affiliation is.

Right feed the kids by getting a jobbbbbb. Their are plenty available and they might make more than $430 a month according to you. It’s so much easier to do nothing and let the government send them money.
Please see posts before and after your post

You didn’t say that, you said people on SNAP should “get off your ass and get a job to feed your kids.” I simply pointed out that they are, in fact, “off their asses.”

But, since you’re now going to pretend that you REALLY were talking about skill level and not laziness and have moved the goalposts accordingly, maybe Walmart and McDonald’s should pay their people enough that they can afford to feed their kids rather than rely on the taxpayers to subsidize their low wages. But also, “only people skilled enough to get higher-paying jobs should have kids” lacks a certain sense of decency toward other people. “Sorry, you are not allowed to engage in one of our basic biological instincts because you don’t have enough marketable skills…”

Until such time as automation can do all of our crappy jobs, someone has to do them, whether they have other useful skills or not. We’ve seen plenty of bitching on this board in recent months about restaurants being closed due to staffing issues and whatnot. You can’t demand that people take a job, any job, just so they’re not being lazy — and because you want a hamburger on demand — and then also say, “if you want to have kids, get a better job.” What happens to Walmart when, hypothetically, all their low-wage employees pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get better-paying jobs elsewhere?

All that aside, let’s say the parents are lazy, not working, and just living off the government — just the worst possible example of someone who takes advantage of the system. Are you ok with those parents’ kid(s) not being able to eat? What did the kid do to deserve that? Demonize poor parents all you want, but the end result of not supporting them punishes the kid for simply having the bad luck to be born to poor parents. Guess the kid should’ve just had the personal responsibility to have better-off parents, amirite?

All of this also ignores that there are people who receive SNAP who were doing just fine supporting their kids until any one of a thousand things forced them into poverty. But they at least have the skills for a good job, so I guess its ok for taxpayers to feed THEIR kids...

I have an idea to remove this burden from taxpayers while still making sure kids can eat. Add up all the federal assistance received by Walmart (or whatever company) employees and then send Walmart a bill.
If everyone just lived up to bone’s entitled, well-to-do standards (in other words, stop being born poor), then everything would be just fine. I have no idea people can’t just stop being born poor, but if that was the case, bone would be sitting at a table in a restaurant bitching about how no one is waiting on him.

If everyone just lived up to bone’s entitled, well-to-do standards (in other words, stop being born poor), then everything would be just fine. I have no idea people can’t just stop being born poor, but if that was the case, bone would be sitting at a table in a restaurant bitching about how no one is waiting on him.

man, talk about clueless....Being born poor doesn't sentence one to being poor all your life.
You're probably of the belief that most wealthy people got that way because they inherited their fortune and didn't really have to work at it.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
man, talk about clueless....Being born poor doesn't sentence one to being poor all your life.
You're probably of the belief that most wealthy people got that way because they inherited their fortune and didn't really have to work at it.
Oh bone. If only you hadn’t just laid it out in two choices for people: get a job you lazy bum and you have a job and it’s not paying enough now? Well get a different job and quit having kids, you lazy bum. If only everyone just lived in your black and white (oh who am I kidding….it’s all just white to you) world where things like crushing medical bills etc don’t happen.

If blacks hate it enough to protest loudly, why continue to toss it out in every spoken sentence. And my guess....if you are black, it's often in your vocabulary.
That is the million dollar question. My honest answer is I don't why blacks say it. Blacks have used the word indeeringly amongst themselves. It's one of those, we can say it but nobody else can. The n-word has been used throughout the years by black comedians like Richard Pryor and the rap artists starting in the mid 80's. I used to say it when I was into the rap music back in the 80's. Also, in those days we used to word when greeting each other. The older I've gotten the less I've said the word. I probably haven't said the word in almost 30 years. I do know one thing, Jewish people don't say the K-word. I bet you most people on this board don't even know what the K-word is. Jewish comedians have never said it in my recollection.

That is the million dollar question. My honest answer is I don't why blacks say it. Blacks have used the word indeeringly amongst themselves. It's one of those, we can say it but nobody else can. The n-word has been used throughout the years by black comedians like Richard Pryor and the rap artists starting in the mid 80's. I used to say it when I was into the rap music back in the 80's. Also, in those days we used to word when greeting each other. The older I've gotten the less I've said the word. I probably haven't said the word in almost 30 years. I do know one thing, Jewish people don't say the K-word. I bet you most people on this board don't even know what the K-word is. Jewish comedians have never said it in my recollection.
When I was working, our UPS and Yellow freight driver said it most everyday when they came for a pick up. This is no exaggeration.

• Haha
Reactions: PUBV
Evidently it isn't that hurtful when blacks continue to use it. Same as referring to a woman as "day bitch or ho". And answer me this question....What has changed in the Black community when in the 60's, black families led the nation in two parent households. Today, you're dead last which IMHO has led to the destruction of the black community. Why have black fathers decided they don't need to rear their children?

Evidently it isn't that hurtful when blacks continue to use it. Same as referring to a woman as "day bitch or ho". And answer me this question....What has changed in the Black community when in the 60's, black families led the nation in two parent households. Today, you're dead last which IMHO has led to the destruction of the black community. Why have black fathers decided they don't need to rear their children?
Since the 60’s crime and despair continued in the major cities. Poverty leads to crime. Add in narcotics which lead back to crime and poor decisions. In addition the welfare system is setup that in order to get the government aid, the father could not live with the family. When you are involved in crime you incarcerated. Therefore, that has taken fathers away from the kids. Also, when involved in all of this takes them away from church that used to be the staple in black families. If all that wasn’t bad enough, here comes the crack cocaine epidemic in the 80’s. That further lead to the destruction of the black families, again particularly in the major cities. Gang membership were at all time highs. In my opinion the current violence in these cities are the result of the 80’s crack epidemic. It is a vicious cycle that I don’t see improving for generations to come.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Thanks....I had the little woman put up enough 'maters, corn is frozen, potatoes dug and in the root cellar, green beans canned and frozen. Turnips will be ready in a couple of weeks. Tomorrow she milks the goat, the cow, and fattens up the little piglets. And she gets the eggs in every day to sell for spendin' money. We'll be fine
WTF year is this? You sound like you live in 1929.

As Judge Smails says:

Oh bone. If only you hadn’t just laid it out in two choices for people: get a job you lazy bum and you have a job and it’s not paying enough now? Well get a different job and quit having kids, you lazy bum. If only everyone just lived in your black and white (oh who am I kidding….it’s all just white to you) world where things like crushing medical bills etc don’t happen.

Just curious....in your fantasy of liberal excuses, what % of poor people are in poverty because of medical bills?

I'm sure it's a certain percentage, but I'm curious as to what you think it is.

When I was working, our UPS and Yellow freight driver said it most everyday when they came for a pick up. This is no exaggeration.
the n-word is in about 90% of rap songs. So, apparently, blacks don't find it that offensive.

Since the 60’s crime and despair continued in the major cities. Poverty leads to crime. Add in narcotics which lead back to crime and poor decisions. In addition the welfare system is setup that in order to get the government aid, the father could not live with the family. When you are involved in crime you incarcerated. Therefore, that has taken fathers away from the kids. Also, when involved in all of this takes them away from church that used to be the staple in black families. If all that wasn’t bad enough, here comes the crack cocaine epidemic in the 80’s. That further lead to the destruction of the black families, again particularly in the major cities. Gang membership were at all time highs. In my opinion the current violence in these cities are the result of the 80’s crack epidemic. It is a vicious cycle that I don’t see improving for generations to come.

Who's responsible for this situation and who's job is it to fix it?

Just curious....in your fantasy of liberal excuses, what % of poor people are in poverty because of medical bills?

I'm sure it's a certain percentage, but I'm curious as to what you think it is.
One is too many, bone. It’s sad that I even have to say that, but here we are.

I’m actually going through the process of putting a loved one in a memory care facility. Do you have any idea what that costs per month? Because it’s outrageous. Hard working people who have done everything right get bled dry in a short amount of time when things like this happen. My family member was able to set up a LTC policy years ago and the family will be spared the worst of it, but most people can’t afford the premiums for those plans and are left with nothing.

You should really challenge yourself to understand life outside of your bubble sometime.

Reactions: indy35

I’m actually going through the process of putting a loved one in a memory care facility. Do you have any idea what that costs per month? Because it’s outrageous. Hard working people who have done everything right get bled dry in a short amount of time when things like this happen. My family member was able to set up a LTC policy years ago and the family will be spared the worst of it, but most people can’t afford the premiums for those plans and are left with nothing.

You should really challenge yourself to understand life outside of your bubble sometime.

that's like saying one child being killed because they got caught in gang cross fire is one too many, but guess how many children are killed in Chicago every year from that exact thing? A lot.

I know medical bills take a toll on some people, but that's not the reason most poor people are poor.
But, the original comment was about having children when you're not in a financial position to do so and then have to rely on govt assistance.
That's just poor decisionmaking, which I would argue, is a much more common reason for poverty than medical bills.

the n-word is in about 90% of rap songs. So, apparently, blacks don't find it that offensive.
They would if a white trash idiot like you said it to them. It's amazing that you don't understand the difference, but again - you're a f*cking moron.

that's like saying one child being killed because they got caught in gang cross fire is one too many, but guess how many children are killed in Chicago every year from that exact thing? A lot.

I know medical bills take a toll on some people, but that's not the reason most poor people are poor.
But, the original comment was about having children when you're not in a financial position to do so and then have to rely on govt assistance.
That's just poor decisionmaking, which I would argue, is a much more common reason for poverty than medical bills.
Like I said, you just think it’s an either/or because you cannot fathom that others don’t and can’t have it as good as you. I know, I know, the poors just need to do better.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
Like I said, you just think it’s an either/or because you cannot fathom that others don’t and can’t have it as good as you. I know, I know, the poors just need to do better.
Income inequality is a lefty liberal fantasyland. It'll never happen.

There's always going to be people with more ambition, drive, commitment, resiliency, and yes, sometimes luck, and those people will generally be successful. Not always, but on a higher %.

Just like there's always going to be lazy, uncommitted, non-driven, non-caring, unambitious and yes, sometimes unlucky. That's just life.
Even those people working at McDonalds or Walmart have the opportunity to move up the ladder into mgmt and make more money. But, it's not easy. If it were, everyone would do it. It takes those things I mention above to succeed.
And while the goal may be to bring the lower class up into the middle class and shrink the size of the lower class most of that mobility is the responsibility of the individual and the decisions they make in life.

I put my mom in one four years ago at $10,000 per month. Curious what it is now where you live?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT