ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee vs. Purdue MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

He looked better on the hoof than in the box score.
One of the things that doesn't show up was him handling the ball against a lot of pressure where Purdue was trying to go to Zach a bit and that scenario puts more pressure on him than not focusing on Zach. He will be crucial today as will Lance who also didn't stuff the stat box. I was more surprised in him missing FTs at the end. I doubt I'll ever see him miss 4 in a row again.

One of the things that doesn't show up was him handling the ball against a lot of pressure where Purdue was trying to go to Zach a bit and that scenario puts more pressure on him than not focusing on Zach. He will be crucial today as will Lance who also didn't stuff the stat box. I was more surprised in him missing FTs at the end. I doubt I'll ever see him miss 4 in a row again.

Thinking it was the fatigue rather than loss of focus/nerves - mental and physical. Tennessee wears you down. Good experience, so he learns how to adjust knowing that.....there will come a time (this year or the next two) when he's at the line and the stakes are really high - good to have this in the data bank. The stroke and routine looks good to me for him and ZE. We shall see - dodged a bullet there letting the Vols stay closer than you'd like.

He seemed like he didn't put much thought or concentration into those free throws at the end. Almost seemed rushed

He seemed like he didn't put much thought or concentration into those free throws at the end. Almost seemed rushed
Braden doesn't. He goes through the same routine and what he did to miss the 4 he has done to hit all of his previous FTs. Right or wrong, that is how Braden shoots his FTs

Reactions: 22larry22
Thinking it was the fatigue rather than loss of focus/nerves - mental and physical. Tennessee wears you down. Good experience, so he learns how to adjust knowing that.....there will come a time (this year or the next two) when he's at the line and the stakes are really high - good to have this in the data bank. The stroke and routine looks good to me for him and ZE. We shall see - dodged a bullet there letting the Vols stay closer than you'd like.

^^^ This. Braden was a warrior last night in the face of relentless pressure all game. That has to be mentally and physically grueling.

It seemed like he almost missed that last one on purpose to not let Tennessee set anything up …even tho we were up 4. Im convinced that stadium has bad rims (all teams shooting a combined less than ~30% from 3) and our depth perception is a bit off with FT shooting. If it continues into 2024, I’ll be nervous but I think we will clean it up by then.

^^^ This. Braden was a warrior last night in the face of relentless pressure all game. That has to be mentally and physically grueling.
Even with the 4 TOs, he did great against the pressure from Ziegler. Dude was camped out all night in Braden’s grill. UT seemed to want to “cut the head of the snake” off and didn’t want to give Braden any room to shoot and wanted to disrupt our offense with how they guarded him. He did have 4 steals tho. Also, 1 assist WOULD be troubling but no one could make a shot last night and 78 FTs taken combined don’t allow for many assists. He also had a HUGE basket for us at the end of the game when he drove the lane and he hit a smooth looking jumper at the elbow midway through. Kid is a gamer and excited to see him go against arguably the best PG in the nation tonight and how he comes back from an “off night” offensively for him.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Even with the 4 TOs, he did great against the pressure from Ziegler. Dude was camped out all night in Braden’s grill. UT seemed to want to “cut the head of the snake” off and didn’t want to give Braden any room to shoot and wanted to disrupt our offense with how they guarded him. He did have 4 steals tho. Also, 1 assist WOULD be troubling but no one could make a shot last night and 78 FTs taken combined don’t allow for many assists. He also had a HUGE basket for us at the end of the game when he drove the lane and he hit a smooth looking jumper at the elbow midway through. Kid is a gamer and excited to see him go against arguably the best PG in the nation tonight and how he comes back from an “off night” offensively for him.
They did a great job both pressuring Braden and denying passing angles. Tennessee is a very tough defensive team. Without Loyer, it would have been a long night.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Make the whole team shoot free throws
Kansas losing at half we shall see
with out him we would be back to not breaking the pressure defense and even getting the ball over back court he is the quarterback of our basketball team he will always be fine

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT