ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee Fans

boilermaker75

All-American
Nov 4, 2007
All right, you won the game. You can have championship rings made for your players. You can have a trophy company make you a championship trophy, because we are not giving you ours. You can have a ticker tape parade to celebrate.

Now please just leave.

and none of these gurus were at the game live - call was made live on the field
Should have been a flag too but you all tend to overlook that because it doesn't fit the "we were screwed" narrative
And the calls went against us narrative ....dont recall a holding call on your line yesterday at all but I counted several, you would have to use your toes to count them all = on your line + to 2 chop blocks

RockyTopRowdy58 has been pretty gracious and fun to have around. I'd probably be pissed, too, had that call gone against us.

I've lived in TN for 15 years. There are cool Vols fans and there are jerks--like everywhere--and that includes Memphis and Vandy. I suspect a lot of the ones who came on here were the WalMart variety.

and none of these gurus were at the game live - call was made live on the field
Should have been a flag too but you all tend to overlook that because it doesn't fit the "we were screwed" narrative
And the calls went against us narrative ....dont recall a holding call on your line yesterday at all but I counted several, you would have to use your toes to count them all = on your line + to 2 chop blocks
Hey, The Bearded Klam has done his homework and conclusively proven his point. Have some respect.

With our roster the way it was, you think it should have been that close If you were far superior to us
A week ago this same "fun" guy was lamenting that Purdue wouldn't be at full strength to give TN a good game. Time to go back and cry amongst his own fans, although I do agree it has been fun to have him around since yesterday's travesty of justice.

A week ago this same "fun" guy was lamenting that Purdue wouldn't be at full strength to give TN a good game. Time to go back and cry amongst his own fans, although I do agree it has been fun to have him around since yesterday's travesty of justice.
And he called the score Tennessee 52 Purdue 20 prior to the game……..”Missed it by that much”………

RockyTopRowdy58 has been pretty gracious and fun to have around. I'd probably be pissed, too, had that call gone against us.

I've lived in TN for 15 years. There are cool Vols fans and there are jerks--like everywhere--and that includes Memphis and Vandy. I suspect a lot of the ones who came on here were the WalMart variety.
Did any Vols fans discuss they’re favorite scene in “Deliverance”?

Reactions: pboiler18
Now you guys see what UK and other SEC fanbases have to put up with. Yes I will own the fact that the Vols have essentially owned us in FB, but what I’m seeing on this board is typical for how they are during the season. They are the worst and I would argue they’re the least-liked fan base in the conference

I generally root for the SEC school during bowl season, except when UT is playing.

Once again, congratulations.

Now you guys see what UK and other SEC fanbases have to put up with. Yes I will own the fact that the Vols have essentially owned us in FB, but what I’m seeing on this board is typical for how they are during the season. They are the worst and I would argue they’re the least-liked fan base in the conference

I generally root for the SEC school during bowl season, except when UT is playing.

Once again, congratulations.

I now have three favorite teams. Purdue, whoever is playing Indinia, and whoever is playing Tennessee.

Yes and we actually have to Graham some credit for that play. Earlier in the game he put some major hits on TN #1 back and because of that he was not available for that play!
Total team effort!!!
And I didn’t catch who it was, but one of our LBs shot the gap, hit the RB about 3 yards from the goal line (didn’t wrap up though), knocked him off balance and slowed his forward momentum. That had a huge impact on that play.

Reactions: purduepat1969
And I didn’t catch who it was, but one of our LBs shot the gap, hit the RB about 3 yards from the goal line (didn’t wrap up though), knocked him off balance and slowed his forward momentum. That had a huge impact on that play.

I think that was actually the safety, Jefferson (#17), on the initial contact, Lenny. Definitely agree it was a big impact on the stop.

5zsdg6.gif

With our roster the way it was, you think it should have been that close If you were far superior to us
lol. We were picked by most magazines to finish 6th in the SEC East just ahead of Vanderbilt. Heupel only has 70 players on the entire roster, and we lost a ton of talent in the portal. Also, this was Heupel’s first year and Brauns’ 4th or 5th year. Jeff Braun is a good coach, but his roster was far more stable and deeper.

lol. We were picked by most magazines to finish 6th in the SEC East just ahead of Vanderbilt. Heupel only has 70 players on the entire roster, and we lost a ton of talent in the portal. Also, this was Heupel’s first year and Brauns’ 4th or 5th year. Jeff Braun is a good coach, but his roster was far more stable and deeper.
We were missing both starting outside WRs (one an all American), the starting left tackle, our all American defensive end, a starting DT and our best corner.

I must have missed all the posts where, going into the game, you guys were like “yeah I think we are good enough to win this in overtime if we don’t get a bad call.. the teams are basically neck and neck.” Is that what you were thinking going in

Except we were missing 6 starters and our WR crew which torched your secondary was literally the walking wounded.
Take the moral victory that UT wasn’t blown out by 4 TDS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT