ADVERTISEMENT

Tenn AD has reached out to Brohm

From our mods:
"We are hearing the rumors on Jeff Brohm. That is making its round in some coaching circles, but we have no confirmation on anything. But that rumor is out there, seems to be growing."

So, its probably Brohm's turn to reject the offer.

From what I've heard he already turned them down the other day... and even told players that he told the Vols no. That's from a reliable source. But would love to hear it from the horse's mouth or Purdue with a contract raise or something to put these rumors to rest lol.

From what I've heard he already turned them down the other day... and even told players that he told the Vols no. That's from a reliable source. But would love to hear it from the horse's mouth or Purdue with a contract raise or something to put these rumors to rest lol.

if we are contacting him today, the answer will have to be a public one. That's my guess

if we are contacting him today, the answer will have to be a public one. That's my guess

Currently he is out aggressively recruiting for Purdue down in the Ville. Was just at Trinity. He's not the kind that leaves after one year but who knows

In fact they literally just offered a Vol Wide Receiver Commit. Shocky Jacques-Louis

We're hoping he ends up in jail
It could happen, apparently a recording of him stating that he knew of the scheme has surfaced. Lot of Pilot Flying J folks going to prison...can Tennessee hurt themselves any more than they already have done?

Honestly, I think Purdue would up his salary to compete for him. He is worth millions more in revenue for the school.

It could happen, apparently a recording of him stating that he knew of the scheme has surfaced. Lot of Pilot Flying J folks going to prison...can Tennessee hurt themselves any more than they already have done?
Wouldn't think so. At the very least maybe it will be enough to get his hands out of UT. Our fans took it to GS so hopefully the same will happen to Jimmy.

Tbh I don't see anyway Brohm would turn down the Tennessee job if he was presented with an offer and many people in coaching circles agree. If he could turn around Tennessee like he has Purdue, he'd be making Saban money in five years.
This. I think some of it simply comes down to the comfort Brohm has had in the community here in West Lafayette along with his want to see his plan succeed at Purdue. If he has an attitude like that of Mike Leach, he may relish in the challenge provided by the rebuild at Purdue rather than at UT. Brohm and his family may look at the payment amount and see that their personal lives aren't impacted any differently from $4 million per year to $6 million per year and he may simply enjoy what Purdue and the community has to offer for his family and his children.

Currently he is out aggressively recruiting for Purdue down in the Ville. Was just at Trinity. He's not the kind that leaves after one year but who knows

In fact they literally just offered a Vol Wide Receiver Commit. Shocky Jacques-Louis

so that explains who the Fla speed Coach Sheppard was checking out the other day

This. I think some of it simply comes down to the comfort Brohm has had in the community here in West Lafayette along with his want to see his plan succeed at Purdue. If he has an attitude like that of Mike Leach, he may relish in the challenge provided by the rebuild at Purdue rather than at UT. Brohm and his family may look at the payment amount and see that their personal lives aren't impacted any differently from $4 million per year to $6 million per year and he may simply enjoy what Purdue and the community has to offer for his family and his children.

Folks in Tennessee saying it's a done deal: Jeff Brohm to coach the Vols.

Reactions: echs86
Brohm doesn't have a agent. I'm sure Tennessee called Coach Brohm and he answered. I'm sure he listened and turned them down.

Folks in Tennessee saying it's a done deal: Jeff Brohm to coach the Vols.
Haven't been able to find a single ounce of information about this other than the ESPN article today about the fact that UT is focusing on Brohm now. Considering he has no agent and does almost all his own stuff in that regard, I doubt much information will be released barring something from Brohm himself about turning the offer down OR a UT statement about announcing Brohm as their new HC.

Reactions: Vol Forward
just some food for thought.

that WR named above is a 3* Tennessee de-commit. !!!!

looking at the talent base Tennessee recruits, they are currently ranked as the 20th best class in the nation with 16 recruits. They've also experienced 12 decommits and still hold that lofty ranking. 5 of those decommits were 4 stars, and 1 was a 5 star . OT Cade Mays. Just think how great their class would have been if their best recruits had stayed. and since the majority of their elite decommits haven't signed elsewhere, with the right coaching hire, they could all come back, and make their class a top 10 recruiting class.

On the down side, while they are listed as the nation's 20th best recruiting class, they are listed as the SEC's 7th best class, so the future does not bode well for them in the SEC.

if brohm were to go to Tenn, he'd be looking at attracting a much higher level of athletes. and his pay would probably triple. I left teaching for the military because of the pay. It turned out ok. We lost two very good coaches in Jim Young and Lee Rose as well as a couple of great women's basketball coaches. . I wish Brohm the best in whatever decision he makes.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
This was tweeted by a guy named Tony Donohue, no idea if its true. Was curious if anyone here knows something like that:
IF Brohm wants to end up in Tennessee, there is a chance he took the Purdue job knowing that one day he would end up in Knoxville. Rumor is his contact has a clause that he can leave for Tennessee.

This was tweeted by a guy named Tony Donohue, no idea if its true. Was curious if anyone here knows something like that:
IF Brohm wants to end up in Tennessee, there is a chance he took the Purdue job knowing that one day he would end up in Knoxville. Rumor is his contact has a clause that he can leave for Tennessee.
He can leave for anywhere he wants- for a price.

I doubt any one has knowledge about the exact details of the contract outside of Brohm, his lawyer, MBob, and a few other individuals within the AD at Purdue.

That is Bullshit.....I could see a possible Louisville clause but not Tennessee. I think every coach should have an out for their alma mater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT