ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating Question - W Lot

purdue96

All-American
Aug 22, 2002
Long time lurker, haven't posted in years.

We have been buying three spots in the W for years now, didn't miss a game even in the DH years. This weekend the lot controller jumped us about not being able to use three spots to tailgate even if we paid for three. We were told one spot - one car or we can't us the space.

Anyone else have this experience?

I think you probably got a relaxed policy during the Hazell years and the W lot is probably one of the least “regulated” tailgate lots. I think Sunday was one of those games based on the fact the game was a sellout that space is going to be squeezed.

The same thing happened on Slayter in the 2000s until they started limiting the number of vehicles.

I would contact the Purdue Sports office and explain it terms they understand. If you PAY for 3 spots then you are ENTITLED to three spots. Otherwise, what is the point in paying for more than one spot?

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
I would contact the Purdue Sports office and explain it terms they understand. If you PAY for 3 spots then you are ENTITLED to three spots. Otherwise, what is the point in paying for more than one spot?
This. Doesn't make much sense unless they're overselling passes and had to restrict it because it was a sellout.

Reactions: JH 1974
This. Doesn't make much sense unless they're overselling passes and had to restrict it because it was a sellout.
I park in the W lot, when it’s full they usually just use the field to the west as overflow. I’ve gotten to the lot an hour and a half before kickoff and have had to park in the field before due to the parking lot being full. I have a hard time believing they oversold it to fill the field as well.
As you have said though u paid for 3 and you should be entitled to 3 spots. I’d call and voice your displeasure of not being allowed to utilize them.

Reactions: Inspector100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT