ADVERTISEMENT

Swanigan

It indicates a semi-retired millionaire coming home from Illinois.
I am sure he got pulled over for not using his turn signal properly. Anybody out at 0200 is a target. He is going to liquidate a lot more than 3500 in attorney fees to plead down the charges.

I am sure he got pulled over for not using his turn signal properly. Anybody out at 0200 is a target. He is going to liquidate a lot more than 3500 in attorney fees to plead down the charges.

And he’ll have to use something else for salads and spaghetti.

I am just bummed. I thought if anyone had the work ethic to not give up it was Biggie. Got tired of looking through the thread for confirmation, (sorry), does he really weigh 416 pounds now? That is a severe weight increase if true and tells me he has got some issues that need to be addressed or the wrong path could likely continue. I do agree with BBG that staying at Purdue another year or two might have been the better move in the big picture.

Dealing isn't the same thing as using.

Guess that article was a little vague. My understanding it wasn't just possession but dealing, so that's a bigger deal. That's why he's arrested instead of a slap on the wrist that is usually handed out anymore.
Fair enough, I was under the impression he got busted with weed in the car.

When I commented that wasn't part of the story. Yea, he was selling, bigger problem.

Selling? The big guy with $5 million-plus guaranteed? Yeah, that makes perfect cents.

How do you know he wasn’t bringing home a few last-minute stocking stuffers for friends? Deck the halls with boughs of Ho-lee Cow, then enjoy the salad, guys. Add Noble Roman’s Sicilian, Buds, brownies and some jams, and you’re really holding down the Fort.

All perfectly legal just 50 miles to the north. Turn his life around? No, just his car.

3.4 pounds isn’t legal for an individual to possess even in legal rec states.

If he wanted to get in to the cannabis industry buy some stocks (I own some) or invest in a dispensary in a state where it’s legal.

Driving around with that much at 2 am in a state where it’s illegal is just stupid and no one can logically argue otherwise, their opinion is distorted by his association to Purdue.

That being said there’s always time to start making positive decisions in your life (look at LewJack). I hope this situation is a wakeup call.

Last edited:
The logic defying backbends of reasoning some people are making to try to justify this are just dumb at this point. The guy screwed up and did something stupid, end of story.

If this was just some average Joe no one would be saying ‘well maybe he spent the last six days driving to every dispensary in the US to bring it back to all the elderly with glaucoma in his community’.

Good God, people. We’re talking about marijuana. Not heroin, cocaine or even alcohol. Not operating while intoxicated, not resisting arrest, no theft, no assault, no rape, no murder …

No matter who he is, if you condemn anyone’s life over some pot -- now legal in 15 states -- consider a limo ride with the still-celebrated Ray Lewis. He’s as innocent as you.

Absolutely. I ‘m hurting for the guy. after he found out that he had no NBA contract for the coming season, I even wondered if Painter might think of trying to bring him back as an assistant to work with our bigs. Of course, with the arrest,I don’t think that’s an option now— if it ever could have been. I didn’t know about the weight gain either but that would have been a deal-closer too. I just hope that he can find his way out of this mess And I hope that the Boiler nation supports him as much as sbsolutely possible.

Sorry, but 3.4 pounds of dope and $3500 in cash does not indicate a "great young man". It indicates a dealer to me.
I bet most NBA players, and recent NBA players, carry thousands of dollars with them.

Also, it is very likely that he purchased a large amount of weed for him and his friends. I seriously doubt that Caleb has resorted to dealing.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
It indicates a semi-retired millionaire coming home from Illinois.
...at 2 am.

Additionally, we don't know if he's a millionaire. all we know is info on his contract.

Too many athletes have it going out the back door as quickly as it comes in the front door (or quicker).

Athletes, lottery winners, and people who receive sizeable inheritances...

Reactions: purduepat1969
You can’t simply acquire that much weed on a trip unless he was there for a month. Limit is 30 grams a day so to acquire 1300 grams on the daily limit would take you 45 days.

wait, wha.....? ......

giphy.gif

Reactions: Abugabby
Sorry, but 3.4 pounds of dope and $3500 in cash does not indicate a "great young man". It indicates a dealer to me.
Fair point, but, in knowing him (or having known him), I do feel like he was a great young man...I don't know what happened/when in terms of some bad decisions that began to run together and ultimately resulted in this happening, but, I still feel like despite a horrible mistake, that, he is a good person and still capable of overcoming this and his weight issue and do good things...I hope that happens...for him, and, for those that would benefit from it.

Good God, people. We’re talking about marijuana. Not heroin, cocaine or even alcohol. Not operating while intoxicated, not resisting arrest, no theft, no assault, no rape, no murder …

No matter who he is, if you condemn anyone’s life over some pot -- now legal in 15 states -- consider a limo ride with the still-celebrated Ray Lewis. He’s as innocent as you.

you're making this too hard.

This "kid" is not in a good situation, no matter how much you want to excuse the pot, and condemn all these @ss-backward hicks from this hellhole of Indiana. (sarc)

All information we have at this time indicates he is not on a good trajectory.

Stop trying to excuse his actions by mocking people on this forum, and the residents of the state. That's entirely the wrong approach.

My bet is, everyone here wants him to succeed in life. Let's not lose sight of that.

Reactions: JRowdy20
If everyone went to hell for pot, pizza and burgers, half the country would be feeling the heat

That is, except everyone in Michigan, Illinois, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, South Dakota, Montana, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska or even the District of Columbia (until they change the name for a non-Italian).

As the tourism folks like to say, “Only in Indiana …” Add the tag “Last of 50 states to allow Sunday liquor sales.” And “We holier than thou.”

Save your breath … longer … longer … He could’ve used this to run for mayor in Portland. He would’ve been elected in Chaz. Unfortunately, he chose to go “back home again …”
If you haven't figured out how drugs have a significantly detrimental affect on lives, I can't help you. Although I have zero issue with legalizing pot use, the fact is it's currently illegal in Indiana. And he knew that when he made the decision to carry 3.4 pounds of it. He was a millionaire five times over. And now he's reduced himself to a dealer, or at least a distributor to friends. So you tell me how drugs have a positive impact on people's lives? I'm not bashing him or judging him. He's already proven he's a great young man. But nothing good ever comes from drug use.

you're making this too hard.

This "kid" is not in a good situation, no matter how much you want to excuse the pot, and condemn all these @ss-backward hicks from this hellhole of Indiana. (sarc)

All information we have at this time indicates he is not on a good trajectory.

Stop trying to excuse his actions by mocking people on this forum, and the residents of the state. That's entirely the wrong approach.

My bet is, everyone here wants him to succeed in life. Let's not lose sight of that.
You're spot on with this post. Yeah, all issues with pot will be "fixed" if we just legalize it (eyeroll).

Recreational pot is not legalized because it's harmless or to reduce criminal caseloads. It's legalized to put money in state pockets instead of dealer's pockets. In IL about have the cost of legalized pot at a dispensary is taxes.

Reactions: JRowdy20
That’s a lot of dope. I wish him the best and hope he realizes all of the support and love he still has in the Purdue community.

I think it is easy for those of us on the sidelines to judge when most don't know anything outside of what's in the article. It's important to remember that we don't know the whole story of what happened. Soundbites often spread quicker than the full story, especially when they paint someone in a negative light. Where was everyone when he was working to help the homeless communities in Fort Wayne, in Salt Lake City, in Portland? Let's not lose sight of the amazing things Caleb has done.

For those saying he should have stayed for another year or two.... he got his degree and graduated on time! Let's not lose sight of that. He is a member of the Purdue family.

I did hear from him today for the first time in a while. For that I am grateful. I didn't inquire about what happened because it's not my place. If and when he wants to talk about it, I am sure he will.

Last edited:
what concerns me is his weight gain of 150 pounds. If true, that would imply he was not working out for the past year. and it's going to be very hard for him to get back into a dieting and exercise routine to get back in shape. AT least he had a shot at the NBA. Hopefully he invested his money wisely.

The most worrying thing I’ve read in this thread is his potential weight gain. Does he really weigh over 400 or was that a joke?

The most worrying thing I’ve read in this thread is his potential weight gain. Does he really weigh over 400 or was that a joke?

No joke. Apparently the weight came from the report on the arrest. I too am most concerned about the weight as it tells a lot. Really hoping this young man is ok.

i can only imagine what he is going through mentally. Yeah he has his degree but to have basically put in that much work to have your body in shape when naturally your body doesn’t want to be in that shape. To basically been working to keep your physical and mental machine running toward 1 goal all of these years. Then you hit part of the goal, taste it, and you find out what the ceiling is on your own physical limitations through no fault of your own. Goals dont switch over night and thoughts of failure creep in and you go find comfort. It happens to best of us. For him, maybe food is that comfort and pot just makes it easier by blunting the thoughts.

Arrested last night. Hopefully he figures it out and makes his way back onto a NBA roster. His mugshot appears he has gained some of that weight back. He is one of my favorite Purdue players of all time.

Yes, we heard he’s put back on a lot of that weight. I hope he’s not going through something like depression. This year has been awful for some.

Reactions: Purdue85
well then you can't read.

Come on. We are talking about weed here. Indiana has it out for successful black men. Just ask mike Tyson.
Nope just like other social warriors you're trying to make this about something that it's not. The people on this thread are concerned for and want success for Biggie. He has a legal problem and likely a bigger personal problem that we'd all hope he would be able to overcome and if even only through our thoughts and prayers would help him in any way.

well then you can't read.

Come on. We are talking about weed here. Indiana has it out for successful black men. Just ask mike Tyson.
Indiana has it out for successful black men? So you're saying there's a conspiracy by the police and the prosecutors to punish successful black men? That's funny stuff...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT