ADVERTISEMENT

Swanigan decommitted...

MIASparty64. I get your name. Been a board member since 2004 and have 4 posts. That explains Missing In Action Sparty64.

Barnes wants Caleb to play in the BT at the 4 position, since he can`t make it in the NBA at the undersized 5, even though Purdue was not in his top 3, it opens the door for BT team, close to home, mins., and the 4 spot, and obviously Barnes former school. Now if Caleb gets his way he will be at Cal to play with the other "big 2" his friends, but his "camp" does not want that to happen, the word is Purdue right now, but till the ink is signed who knows.

This all sounds so stupid.

If the kid wants to go to Cal, then go to freaking Cal!!

Do we really want a player who was ((((forced)))) to come here by his (((handlers)))??

This all sounds so stupid.

If the kid wants to go to Cal, then go to freaking Cal!!

Do we really want a player who was ((((forced)))) to come here by his (((handlers)))??

Just like prior to his commitment, there isn't a whole lot of information out there. You can sit there and make guesses, but the truth is we don't really know.

Obviously Michigan State's recruiting situation has changed after Swanigan's commitment.

And all this talk about Cal - they don't currently have scholarships. And there isn't any indication they'd drop someone to take Swanigan right now. Doesn't mean it couldn't happen, but again, this notion that everyone's holding him back from what he really wants is a bit of a stretch to me.

Anybody know if he's a decent kid? I will start by stating that I know absolutely nothing about him. Saw at some point that the word "Sauce" was associated with him. We just purged ourselves of the last of the "Sauce" and I like the components of this team very much. But if he's a good kid and fits the program then bring him on board. If not, let's not touch him with a 10' pole. BTFU

If we truly are comparing "apples to apples" (per travisty), I have no qualms whatsoever about "upsetting the applecart", because we're gonna have lots of APPLESAUCE . . .

Applesauce_zpsnbn4okgm.gif

And we're gonna LOVE this combination:

Curious to see what the fanbase of one of the other schools has to say about his recruitment.

The "Purdue as a threat" idea is ridiculous. Purdue has no national cred as a program, has never won a national title, and there are 4-5 other BT programs (Md, OSU, IU, Wis. and sometimes UM) that are more formidable yearly than Purdue.

Visiting this site is like visiting a Tea Party convention of a gathering of JFK conspiracy theorists. PU fans are the only people on the globe who think Tom Izzo -- one of the greatest coaches of his generation -- is crooked. Heck, even UM fans don't think that, even if they don't like him (and they don't, but they are actual rivals of ours).

Dude, just shutup and leave. No need to rip on a fanbase. We are aware of Purdue's postseason shortcomings. Only a few years ago, Purdue was every bit as formidable as Wisconsin and Michigan. We are all hoping that Purdue will get over the hump, but even if they dont, Purdue has plenty of loyal fans who will continue to stick with the program, so your opinion is irrelevant.

Also, if Swanigan does commit to Purdue (I'm not holding my breath), I think it's entirely fair to say Purdue is a threat. I'm just so sick of other fanbases ripping on fanbases that have had less success. MSU has a great program, and it's good to have a program like that in the conference. How about we just respect one another's rooting interest? Good frickin' grief.

Last edited:
Reactions: miasparty64
Curious to see what the fanbase of one of the other schools has to say about his recruitment.

The "Purdue as a threat" idea is ridiculous. Purdue has no national cred as a program, has never won a national title, and there are 4-5 other BT programs (Md, OSU, IU, Wis. and sometimes UM) that are more formidable yearly than Purdue.

Visiting this site is like visiting a Tea Party convention of a gathering of JFK conspiracy theorists. PU fans are the only people on the globe who think Tom Izzo -- one of the greatest coaches of his generation -- is crooked. Heck, even UM fans don't think that, even if they don't like him (and they don't, but they are actual rivals of ours).
So why visit? I looked at the guest list and you weren't there. Purdue didn't make Biggie de-commit, he did it on his own. If your feelings are so hurt, go to his Twitter account and tell him so...just like your other classless Spartan buddies have. Oh, and UM fans do think that. I work with one of their grads. who called him a whiner crook. This isn't from me but from your rival.

Last edited:
MIASparty64. I get your name. Been a board member since 2004 and have 4 posts. That explains Missing In Action Sparty64.
I told you am a State fan, scroll up, and read? I am not upset Swanigan decommitted, would he of helped State yes in the basketball sense, but his demands (or his guardian`s) would of cause big chemistry problems IMO. I root for the BT in any sport (well other than UM),and would like to see Big Ten succeed more than any other, so it does not bother me other teams will improve with recruits, it only helps the conference look stronger.

Last edited:
Barnes wants Caleb to play in the BT at the 4 position, since he can`t make it in the NBA at the undersized 5, even though Purdue was not in his top 3, it opens the door for BT team, close to home, mins., and the 4 spot, and obviously Barnes former school. Now if Caleb gets his way he will be at Cal to play with the other "big 2" his friends, but his "camp" does not want that to happen, the word is Purdue right now, but till the ink is signed who knows.

We have an insider with us. He knows exactly what everyone is thinking and planning. LOL.

I am not an insider, but do have some, but this Swanigan deal is something Spartans have dealt with in the past, and caused many chemistry problems. Good Luck & I am not a he, thanks

Is MSU still under federal investigation for how they handled sexual assault cases in the past?

On a separate matter, how is Appling doing these days?

Sorry to bring this back up, but I was curious. On the radio show today, Brian said that essentially the cat got out of the bag to early on the decommit and it was pretty easy to figure out who had done it. I know he posted his info after the cat was out, but who broke the story exactly? Was it Goodman? Was there a leak from somewhere? Anyone remember where it came from first? I ask because it's a very curious situation and when Neddenriep (I think? Maybe Baird) reached out to Barnes from the quotes they put he seemed surprised it broke and wanted to know who it was so he could discuss it with them. If it was supposed to be a one big swoop announcement of decommit and recommit and things go screwed up because of the leak, it's just interesting to me.

Sorry to bring this back up, but I was curious. On the radio show today, Brian said that essentially the cat got out of the bag to early on the decommit and it was pretty easy to figure out who had done it. I know he posted his info after the cat was out, but who broke the story exactly? Was it Goodman? Was there a leak from somewhere? Anyone remember where it came from first? I ask because it's a very curious situation and when Neddenriep (I think? Maybe Baird) reached out to Barnes from the quotes they put he seemed surprised it broke and wanted to know who it was so he could discuss it with them. If it was supposed to be a one big swoop announcement of decommit and recommit and things go screwed up because of the leak, it's just interesting to me.

I don't understand what the big deal is. If it leaked, just make your announcement now. Everyone knows he already de-committed.

I do believe Goodman was the first to break it.

I believe Goodman broke the story but basically the feeling is that someone behind the scenes at MSU leaked the information.

I believe Goodman broke the story but basically the feeling is that someone behind the scenes at MSU leaked the information.
This is what I was feeling it seemed like from the way this played out, but I couldn't find any proof. Felt like I was seeing Goodman first.

100% unsubstantiated and my opinion only, but it's almost like there seemed to be another outside influence here and they were going to do one swoop of decommit and commit before anyone else had time to react to it and slow down the process but the leak muddied the waters. Like maybe the were going to wait until later when he enrolled and made it official or something. But I have 0 evidence of that just my gut paranoia.

Even if that happened, you can't really be mad at MSU for it. Caleb is taking up a roster spot that - unless known that he's decommited - could impact their future recruiting if they're trying to get another player at his position before the signing deadline. Is it self-serving for MSU, yeah of course. But if Caleb already told Izzo he wasn't going there, then it seems a little disingenuous for Caleb/Barnes to follow that up with "but don't anyone; we want to drag this out a little and make a big deal out of our switch to a different school". I mean, what does Caleb have to gain by being fake committed to MSU for a few more days? And why on earth would MSU play along when there's no reason to from their standpoint? If Brian is suggesting this is who the decommitment broke, it's probably true, but still bizarre that Barnes seems to be upset that MSU/Izzo didn't want to play this game.

I don't blame MSU, it sort of comes off as sour grapes though. I don't really think it would have affected their recruiting. Them guaranteeing a kid a spot would be enough if the kid was interested.

Caleb did commit to MSU, but turns out it was his guardian`s liking, not Caleb`s, and for the latest, looks like he is waiting for Cal to make room, not sure how that happens. There is no sour grapes by this MSU fan, after seeing the yr. with the chemistry problems in the past, it will be ok him going elsewhere. Good Luck to the kid, least he is making his own decision this time.

@lindzcatharine Source close to Caleb Swanigan's guardian continued: Swanigan waiting on spot at Cal to open up.”
twitter.com|By Joe Rexrode

Well Appling is playing in the D league, and still trying to recover, if you must know, also if someone acts like that, I will respond thanks. How many in the league for your team?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT