ADVERTISEMENT

Starting lineup

He’s attending practices and doing his job. Sure it’s a guess. But it’s way more informed than you or I.
I’m not sure that’s all true that this guy attended there practices I have tho and In my opinion each player on this team has to earn the right to start and playing time is not a given. It’s gonna be competition for sure but as of now his percentage who starts is way off base. If u read any of Matts interviews he is the one saying it so those percentages are an opinion certainty not FACTS. Well know soon enough as season scrimmage comes up. The good thing painter has losts of options for sure

Reactions: Schnelk
35% I would say is average. I think Wheeler will be in the high 30s%. The bigger issue with the lineup in the OP is having 3 non shooters in Eastern, Williams, and Haarms.
35% is like shooting +50% from inside the arc. Plus the arc is moved back this year.

35% is like shooting +50% from inside the arc. Plus the arc is moved back this year.
I know what the percentage is. Proctor in the starting lineup isn't an issue as long as there are two other shooters. If he and Wheeler are the only shooters, then it's an issue. Basically, I'm saying you can't have Eastern, Williams, and Haarms on the floor together very often.

Was that posted on The Athletic? I must have missed it if so.
Yes. A couple of weeks ago. He’s since posted several more articles. He’s at practice, talking to the players, coaches, etc. My point remains...he has as much access as anyone outside the program at this point and seems to think Proctor is a lock to start at the 2. Torvik jumped our ranking about 10 spots when Proctor committed to us. Just because our last grad transfer didn’t play as much as a bunch of dudes on a free board thought he would has nothing to do with Proctor. I’ve yet to see any indication otherwise.

I know what the percentage is. Proctor in the starting lineup isn't an issue as long as there are two other shooters. If he and Wheeler are the only shooters, then it's an issue. Basically, I'm saying you can't have Eastern, Williams, and Haarms on the floor together very often.
I don’t disagree with this although I’d drop Eastern. I don’t think Williams and Haarms will play that much together. Only in specific scenarios or matchups.

Yes. A couple of weeks ago. He’s since posted several more articles. He’s at practice, talking to the players, coaches, etc. My point remains...he has as much access as anyone outside the program at this point and seems to think Proctor is a lock to start at the 2. Torvik jumped our ranking about 10 spots when Proctor committed to us. Just because our last grad transfer didn’t play as much as a bunch of dudes on a free board thought he would has nothing to do with Proctor. I’ve yet to see any indication otherwise.
It's not just one grad transfer. It's the majority of grad transfers across college basketball.

Dopirak's percentages still aren't based on any concrete data. He's still just guessing and giving his opinion.

Torvik's rankings are largely based on last years' production.

Whether he’s been to a few practices or not or interviewing coaches that does not mean he’s correct is what Is being said. I speak to my son he feels it cud be any number of candidates starting nothing is edge in stone in June bcuz that guy has watched a few practices. Well know more come September as the players start working on the offense and defense which most of the new players has to learn that many of the returning players have a slight edge in that department. Nobody at this point knows who starting and getting what kinda minutes in June that includes my own son who has to privies his own worth to come back as a starter and he knows that. Each player with a completely different look roster at all positions are fighting for starters min and playing time. The competition however I’m sure is gonna be competitive for those who is vying to make the starting rotation and playing time. Proctor has just about as good a chance to start as anybody else but so does Eric Sasha Newman nojel isiah all vying for a couple positions so it’s anybody’s to win at this point. What I no all will be productive no matter who starts or plays minutes all bring something to the team that will help them win games

Reactions: nitrowars
Many are skeptical of nojel shooting the ball I totally understand that and many are wait and see approach I get that too well he proved he can make FTs in big ten play and ncaa toi bcuz he found his confidence. Those teams will pay if he left alone wide open he ahooting that thang more opportunities now to shoot it. Confidence does wonders for the mind and confidence is what he has gotten back. He will silence every critic that doubts him

Reactions: nitrowars
Whether he’s been to a few practices or not or interviewing coaches that does not mean he’s correct is what Is being said. I speak to my son he feels it cud be any number of candidates starting nothing is edge in stone in June bcuz that guy has watched a few practices. Well know more come September as the players start working on the offense and defense which most of the new players has to learn that many of the returning players have a slight edge in that department. Nobody at this point knows who starting and getting what kinda minutes in June that includes my own son who has to privies his own worth to come back as a starter and he knows that. Each player with a completely different look roster at all positions are fighting for starters min and playing time. The competition however I’m sure is gonna be competitive for those who is vying to make the starting rotation and playing time. Proctor has just about as good a chance to start as anybody else but so does Eric Sasha Newman nojel isiah all vying for a couple positions so it’s anybody’s to win at this point. What I no all will be productive no matter who starts or plays minutes all bring something to the team that will help them win games
Agreed. It’s his opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT