ADVERTISEMENT

So will the Big Ten leadership openly make a statement on the call?

SLoopBoiler

Senior
Feb 11, 2002
I know they are privately discussing with the coaches, but with direct outcome impact late in the game? and what’s been reported on social media, will it be touched?

At least the process?

I mean besides botching the restart, the new leadership has openly been vocal & activists on the using the Big Ten name & media outlets for the political and social justice messages of their choice, like the voter registration campaign, but they have to clam up when their processes & product are compromised?

This is a terrific opportunity for the conference to be bold in attempting to reverse that negative attention.

Warren should call a press conference to announce:

The official in question is indefinitely suspended from Big Ten games pending a thorough investigation of not only the play in question, but any and all PI calls he has made and declined to make this season (at a minimum).

There is no question that the officiating inconsistencies demonstrated on a weekly basis throughout conference play, particularly concerning pass interference, have become a major problem, and he will personally oversee a more rigorous grading system for officials beginning today.

Formal mea culpa to the Purdue football team and athletic department as the buck stops with the commissioner, and the integrity of the outcomes of B1G athletics must never be in question.

Officially designate PJ Fleck as a "cocky piglet" (saw it in some tweet, love it).

No one cared outside of Purdue fans by Sunday morning.
You can complain all you want, but no one, including the B1G, cares.
That’s the reality of the situation and you have to deal with it. Period.

There is nothing to "deal with", dipstick.

We will complain as much as we like, your permission isn't necessary.

What an idiotic post.

The coverage of the phantom PI call was a major embarrassment for the B1G. It was such an obvious a blown call that had a major impact on the end of that game to not address it tells me the wrong people are in charge.

blown opportunity by brohm.

this conference jobs us over and over again.. they screw us as IF THEY ARE ALREADY TRYING TO GET AN OUTSPOKEN COACH BACK FOR GOING OFF IN A PRESS CONFERENCE.

the entire world was all over the conference for the call, brohm could have piggy backed on that and say “it happens over and over and over. This call?? And I challenge any media member to look at this call and go back and look at the northwestern game and tell me what rules? WHAT RULES? Cause I don’t know what the rules are.”

and we would have gotten FORCED HONEST officiating for years.

but he took the high road. And what we always get is officiating that people get when they take the high road

from a poster I’ve never seen here. Interesting

I know they are privately discussing with the coaches, but with direct outcome impact late in the game? and what’s been reported on social media, will it be touched?

At least the process?

I mean besides botching the restart, the new leadership has openly been vocal & activists on the using the Big Ten name & media outlets for the political and social justice messages of their choice, like the voter registration campaign, but they have to clam up when their processes & product are compromised?
Pretty sure it's against their policies to comment publicly on officiating. If they were to comment on this incident, other schools would complain that theirs were not made public and so on. This would open up a nasty can of worms for the conference.

At least the process?

nothing will happen, it happened between 2 mid tier teams, wouldn't be surprised if we get a major call go our way this week.

Reactions: Boiler8285
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT