ADVERTISEMENT

So we need to fix the border.

The vast vast VAST majority were unarmed. Just because a handful were dumb enough to be doesn't make it an insurrection.
Y’all keep emphasizing “unarmed”. They did not have a firearm? Or, they did not have any weapons? Assuming that you are correct that the vast majority did not have firearms, they certainly had weapons as they beat the cops with whatever they could find. Stolen batons, sticks, flag poles, pepper spray, bear spray, revolving doors, steel barricades, etc. Either way the following definition of an insurrection is “an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government”. Does not mention anything that a firearm or even a weapon is requirement for an insurrection. Just because they weren’t successful, doesn’t mean that an insurrection was not attempted. At the least, if you don’t want to use the word insurrection, you can’t argue against that they were there to stop a democratic process of certifying the 2020 election.

Y’all keep emphasizing “unarmed”. They did not have a firearm? Or, they did not have any weapons? Assuming that you are correct that the vast majority did not have firearms, they certainly had weapons as they beat the cops with whatever they could find. Stolen batons, sticks, flag poles, pepper spray, bear spray, revolving doors, steel barricades, etc. Either way the following definition of an insurrection is “an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government”. Does not mention anything that a firearm or even a weapon is requirement for an insurrection. Just because they weren’t successful, doesn’t mean that an insurrection was not attempted. At the least, if you don’t want to use the word insurrection, you can’t argue against that they were there to stop a democratic process of certifying the 2020 election.
Then why did they leave with no follow through?

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Firearms being the important "weapon" here. I think it was your idiot in cheif that said AR15's are useless against the government and that you'd need F-15's. So sticks, flag poles and pepper spray is nothing. MOST of those items were never originally intended to be used as weapons either, but you aren't interested in facts. You prefer the narrative.

Then why did they leave with no follow through?
Great day in the morning. Dude, stop watching Faux News. What do you mean no follow up? After Jan 6 we’ll over 1,100 deplorables were arrested. More will come as the investigation is on going. Almost 900 deplorables convicted.

Great day in the morning. Dude, stop watching Faux News. What do you mean no follow up? After Jan 6 we’ll over 1,100 deplorables were arrested. More will come as the investigation is on going. Almost 900 deplorables convicted.
That, and they were tear gassed.

You not only misquoted what he said, but you didn't understand what he was saying. Then @HoosierfanJM backed you up on it.

I mean no follow up by the people you believe were part of a so called insurrection. Did they come back the next day? Ah no! Have they come back ever since? Ah no!

That was one heck of an attempt to overthrow the government. Scary times right? 😂

I mean no follow up by the people you believe were part of a so called insurrection. Did they come back the next day? Ah no! Have they come back ever since? Ah no!

That was one heck of an attempt to overthrow the government. Scary times right? 😂
Why would they come back? As inept as the Capitol police were during the attack, they got everything under control by the end of the day. The vote was finally certified. Nothing foolish enough to come back to.

Why would they come back? As inept as the Capitol police were during the attack, they got everything under control by the end of the day. The vote was finally certified. Nothing foolish enough to come back to.
I thought your side said it was an insurrection? I guess the revolt ended in 5-6 hours. Whew that was close.

Yeah you’re right. Trump’s attempts were much more viable and much worse.

• Haha
Ask Pence and Raffensberger
Just asking since the megaphone could be used as a weapon in blowing out someone’s eardrum or who knows what else. Maybe the Democrats will be using this as evidence in their prosecution cases against Trump next.

The Rs never controlled the Senate. They may have had a majority but Senate rules basically force you to be able to get the vote through the floor and past cloture. The Dems had this and decided Obama Care was the priority. Not immigration. It cost them Senate seats in Nebraska, Louisiana, and IIRC Missouri because of the lies about the bill. “If you like your doctor you’ll keep your doctor” and “you’ll save money.” I get that you all get these talking points and repeat them but simply watching old School House Rock videos would teach a lot about government.

And as SCOTUS ruling last week should have made people realize the Executive Branch has great latitude in immigration matters. Fact. You can stop entry tomorrow with the stroke of a pen with authority granted within 19 USC. The Congress granted the President this ability. You don’t need need new laws. Nor any new funding.

Exactly. NO party has had control of all 3 branches of legislative Govt due to the 60 vote rule in the Senate. It is a FALSE claim @BNIBoiler makes on here all the time about Rs having the Senate, House & Presidency for 2 years. The 60 vote rule in the Senate, makes this a false claim everytime it happens under either party.
Totally FALSE.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Exactly. NO party has had control of all 3 branches of legislative Govt due to the 60 vote rule in the Senate. It is a FALSE claim @BNIBoiler makes on here all the time about Rs having the Senate, House & Presidency for 2 years. The 60 vote rule in the Senate, makes this a false claim everytime it happens under either party.
Totally FALSE.
You must have fell asleep during your high school civics class. Yes, 60 votes is needed in some instances. Then there are 66 votes needed to override a veto or expelling a senator. There is also a unanimous consent vote where 100 senator need to vote “yea” in order for passage. That’s what happened when Rand Paul was the loan jackass to vote against the Emmitt Till Ant-Lynching Bill. Lastly, the majority of bills just need a simple majority. In case of a tie, the Vice President votes. This is the instance where the repubs had the majority and failed to pass a bill to fix the immigration problem despite being the loudest mouthpiece for immigration/border reform.

You must have fell asleep during your high school civics class. Yes, 60 votes is needed in some instances. Then there are 66 votes needed to override a veto or expelling a senator. There is also a unanimous consent vote where 100 senator need to vote “yea” in order for passage. That’s what happened when Rand Paul was the loan jackass to vote against the Emmitt Till Ant-Lynching Bill. Lastly, the majority of bills just need a simple majority. In case of a tie, the Vice President votes. This is the instance where the repubs had the majority and failed to pass a bill to fix the immigration problem despite being the loudest mouthpiece for immigration/border reform.

Telling me you don't understand cloture without saying it. That's ok. I understand it's complicated.

I have been pretty vocal about Trump not being my preferred candidate. Especially his mismanagement of Covid (I.e. Fauci) But I also understand why he is popular. When you can’t afford food and gas. When you see 10 million people illegally enter the country and they get put up in hotels nicer than you can ever afford and get free food, phones, medical care. When they can beat up your cops and flip off cameras and laugh at America. And when you see the world in turmoil you just don’t give a crap about J6. You actually start to wonder why all these people keep going after him in all these trials and yet people can smash and grab the store in my neighborhood and nothing happens. Or my neighbor got carjacked and the kids are back on the street. People want to know how you are gonna make my life better. Not tell them we are taking away your gas stove and your dishwasher (trust us it’s for the best). And for 99% of non-TDS people they would go back to February 2019 in a heart beat. Life was good then. You really can’t argue that.
I remember Obama saying in 2016 that it would take years for the annual GDP to exceed 2.0. He asked with what magic wand would Trump bring employment. He said his biggest fear was N Korea starting WWIII. He said he wanted the border closed, but he was ineffective. And he kept drawing a line in the sand with Russia, Islamic terrorists, and the Middle East. He kept giving money to countries that chanted, "death to America."

Trump promised to create jobs, a good economic situation for all, and to close the border and have Mexico pay for it. Trump more than delivered. He built strong jobs with good pay, so many families got off of food stamps. He renegotiated trade deals and got NATO countries to pay their fair share. He secured the border, and while Mexico did not take out a check for the wall, they sent troops to their southern borders to stop the migrants and troops to the northern borders to secure it. They even housed hundreds of thousands of people who wanted to come into the US legally. He calmed down N Korea, Putin kept in line, he stopped ISIS, and he orchestrated the Abraham Peace Accords. Think about that! Can anyone name a higher act of diplomacy?

However, I agree with you. IMO, Xi outflanked him by unleashing the Wuhan Flu. I sincerely think Bill Gates was involved too, wanting to reduce the world population. Fauci and WHO knew about it and told Trump that it just started, and don't worry, it is not contagious. Trump closed off travel from China and Wuhan flu-contagious countries. He did this with the propaganda at full blast, calling him a racist and Pelosi taking an entourage to SF Chinatown. Can you name a US President who has handled any national flu or virus better?

BTW, it seems like mutants continued to grow when Biden opened the border. More people died under Biden and yes I realize many got sick when Trump was still in office.

You're the one who claimed that people "call unarmed citizens on January 6th at the capitol an insurrection"

Were some unarmed? Of course - yes. But many others? Bringing weapons including firearms, and assaulting officers with everything from fire extinguishers to flagpoles to bear spray is sure as hell armed.

For the people where there's only evidence that they were inside the Capitol but did not do more than that? They were charged with misdemeanor trespassing. The seditious conspiracy convictions were real too - that was the Oath Keeper and Proud Boys leaders. I also think it is more than safe to say that many were armed, but there was no evidence to charge them as armed felons.

"Not going to change (your) mind)." Why the heck not? I strongly suspect you are a good guy who is willing to change his mind when the facts are irrefutable. The J6 facts about people being armed and violent are irrefutable, aren't they?
When Trump gets reelected, will you move out of the US? Gosh, I hope so.

When Trump gets reelected, will you move out of the US? Gosh, I hope so.
No; I will watch the rule of law deteriorate, and I will weep for our children.

And, hoping that people that disagree with you move out of the country? The land that has been the home of so many generations of my ancestors? The land where myself and my family have gotten an education, paid taxes, served in law enforcement and the military, and been wounded in that service?

Such a sad, sad, sad thing to think, and so very sad to think that it's somehow appropriate to say it.

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting-
No; I will watch the rule of law go completely to shit, and I will weep for our children.

To not see that BOTH parties Presidents for the last several decades have pushed the envelope of using & dismantling Executive Orders to create or destroy their own law is either disingenuous, highly partisan or both.

Moreover, hopefully you likely know that unelected agencies are doing the same thing to Americans via regulations and policies that NO ONE voted on. To me these law creating bureaucrats are the biggest danger, and why I believe the Agencies need to be strategically dismantled and reconstructed for the benefit of the people.

Reactions: Joetboiler
To not see that BOTH parties Presidents for the last several decades have pushed the envelope of using & dismantling Executive Orders to create or destroy their own law is either disingenuous, highly partisan or both.

Moreover, hopefully you likely know that unelected agencies are doing the same thing to Americans via regulations and policies that NO ONE voted on. To me these law creating bureaucrats are the biggest danger, and why I believe the Agencies need to be strategically dismantled and reconstructed for the benefit of the people.
Agreed! I am not a fan of Executive Orders. Terrible precedent; terrible idea.

As far as unelected agencies? In a representative republic, that's how it works. Elected legislators set up and fund agencies. Elected executives (usually) are the ones that appoint agency heads. There are millions of people needed to man the day to day operations of agencies. I assume that you would agree that each of those employees does not need to be elected, and that the experience and expertise that these employees bring is invaluable.

Agreed! I am not a fan of Executive Orders. Terrible precedent; terrible idea.

As far as unelected agencies? In a representative republic, that's how it works. Elected legislators set up and fund agencies. Elected executives (usually) are the ones that appoint agency heads. There are millions of people needed to man the day to day operations of agencies. I assume that you would agree that each of those employees does not need to be elected, and that the experience and expertise that these employees bring is invaluable.

Invaluable?? LoL. Obviously, we see this way differently. Not even close.

Invaluable?? LoL. Obviously, we see this way differently. Not even close.
So what do you propose? Have each staff position in every government agency be elected? Not trying to put words in your mouth - I doubt that's what you'd want. But what DO you want to happen?

No; I will watch the rule of law deteriorate, and I will weep for our children.

And, hoping that people that disagree with you move out of the country? The land that has been the home of so many generations of my ancestors? The land where myself and my family have gotten an education, paid taxes, served in law enforcement and the military, and been wounded in that service?

Such a sad, sad, sad thing to think, and so very sad to think that it's somehow appropriate to say it.
What policy changes that you think Trump will change concern you most?

As for moving out of the country, I was kidding (sort of). Don't you remember all those lefty libs who peacocked about moving out of the US if Trump were elected in '16? They were crowing pretty loud, until.....Trump was elected.
Few, if any, were willing to put their money were their big fat mouth was (Rosie Odonnell).

• Love
So what do you propose? Have each staff position in every government agency be elected? Not trying to put words in your mouth - I doubt that's what you'd want. But what DO you want to happen?

I would be for politicians that want to ......

1. Do away with the DOE. For starters.
2. One at a time, study needed essential functions & then fire ALL Agency personell, and consolidate any federally needed duties under one or a very few agencies. If you analyze the content of this article, you can glean the true essential nature of some of these Agencies.

I would be for politicians that want to ......

1. Do away with the DOE. For starters.
2. One at a time, study needed essential functions & then fire ALL Agency personell, and consolidate any federally needed duties under one or a very few agencies. If you analyze the content of this article, you can glean the true essential nature of some of these Agencies.
Consolidate and condense some federal agencies?
100 percent agree.

Rather than do that in a chaotic flurry, the best way to do that is through consolidation and attrition.

You may think "fire everyone in the Social Security Administration and start over!" until your check doesn't arrive and there's no one that knows how the hell to get it to you.

You may think "Eliminate the Department of Energy" until there's an accident at a nuclear power plant near you because regular inspections weren't performed.

Lots of people think that some government agencies can be eliminated; not many want the duties that those agencies perform to be eliminated.

Consolidate and condense some federal agencies?
100 percent agree.

Rather than do that in a chaotic flurry, the best way to do that is through consolidation and attrition.

You may think "fire everyone in the Social Security Administration and start over!" until your check doesn't arrive and there's no one that knows how the hell to get it to you.

You may think "Eliminate the Department of Energy" until there's an accident at a nuclear power plant near you because regular inspections weren't performed.

Lots of people think that some government agencies can be eliminated; not many want the duties that those agencies perform to be eliminated.

UNIONS ...The "fire everyone" was ONLY stated because these folks are unionized. If the Agency is eliminated and everyone fired, I thought that would be the way to get around the Union. Then some, as needed, can be hired back, hopefully @ a lower cost.

Btw the DOE I referred to was the Dept of Education not the D of Energy.

UNIONS ...The "fire everyone" was ONLY stated because these folks are unionized. If the Agency is eliminated and everyone fired, I thought that would be the way to get around the Union. Then some, as needed, can be hired back, hopefully @ a lower cost.

Btw the DOE I referred to was the Dept of Education not the D of Energy.
I think the word that applies is “myopic.”

Eliminate the Dept of Ed? Great idea until your kid can’t get a scholarship or student aid because FAFSAs haven’t been processed.

Eliminating and re-hiring? Good grief—that sounds like utter chaos. And who sits on the hiring panels if you’ve eliminated the agency?

Reactions: RDUBoiler
I think the word that applies is “myopic.”

Eliminate the Dept of Ed? Great idea until your kid can’t get a scholarship or student aid because FAFSAs haven’t been processed.

Eliminating and re-hiring? Good grief—that sounds like utter chaos. And who sits on the hiring panels if you’ve eliminated the agency?

The joys of unions...likely only way around them. In my business this happened in Illinois where all were fired in my career, and just over 20% were rehired. So I speak from actual experience.

FAFSA can be absorbed by consolidation.

Financial chaos of bloated bureaucrats in these agencies creating work is what we have now.

The joys of unions...likely only way around them. In my business this happened in Illinois where all were fired in my career, and just over 20% were rehired. So I speak from actual experience.

FAFSA can be absorbed by consolidation.

Financial chaos of bloated bureaucrats in these agencies creating work is what we have now.
We basically agree - consolidation + attrition where and when warranted.

^^^^ How to let people know you're batshit conspiracy theory crazy without literally saying "I'm batshit conspiracy theory crazy." ^^^^
I am happy to see that in my very long reply, this is the only thing about which you are upset.

Before anyone heard of Wuhan, I read articles where Gates experimented with various vaccines in Africa and India. I read that hundreds of thousands died. They centered around their claim that his father wanted to depopulate the world. Another coincidence is that I heard Gates went to Epstein's Island, so I don't believe we will be hearing about the passenger list for a long time.

I went on Google to verify this, but I saw tons of articles denying that Gates did anything wrong. Maybe my memory is faulty, but I believe that Gates has a lot of money to convince "fact-checkers" how to slant their views.

I am happy to see that in my very long reply, this is the only thing about which you are upset.

Before anyone heard of Wuhan, I read articles where Gates experimented with various vaccines in Africa and India. I read that hundreds of thousands died. They centered around their claim that his father wanted to depopulate the world. Another coincidence is that I heard Gates went to Epstein's Island, so I don't believe we will be hearing about the passenger list for a long time.

I went on Google to verify this, but I saw tons of articles denying that Gates did anything wrong. Maybe my memory is faulty, but I believe that Gates has a lot of money to convince "fact-checkers" how to slant their views.
Yeah. I read and heard that all of that is conspiracy theory bullshit.

You’re a flat earther, ain’t cha?

Yeah. I read and heard that all of that is conspiracy theory bullshit.
Then again, if you hear a lie enough times, you believe it is true. I believe Nixon won in 1960. I believe JFK was an okay President, but then again, I believe RFK was one of our top political figures in my lifetime. I don't believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, but Jack Ruby did. Having said that, I think Bill Gates will be exposed again.

You’re a flat earther, ain’t cha?
My sister lives in Europe, and she has sent me things about Trump that she hates, and I sent the facts. As a matter of fact, I thought Trump running was a PR stunt. He would call in News shows and give his opinion, and then the News would advertise that they had an exclusive interview with Trump. So I listened, and it was common sense. I then heard the NBC, ABC, and CBS political analysts tell me a warped version of what Trump said. I worked on Madison Avenue, and I know how they all talk among themselves, and I knew for a fact that they were doing all they could to get rid of him. I therefore became more and more involved. It is funny that the conspiracy theories that I formed became facts. BTW, the Ellsberg Papers confirmed many of my political conspiracy theories. I stopped getting so involved in politics and even voted for Obama, praying he would bring hope and change. I was a Civl Rights Leader, and Trump if you do your research, you will see that Trump did much more for blacks than Obama. Unfortunately, thinking critically is not taught as well any more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT