ADVERTISEMENT

Smith

Me as well, glad to admit I was wrong about him. I wanted Hunter to return with Smith eased in, glad that didn’t happen. Not a shot at Hunter, Smith has been excellent!
prior to the season I'm sure Braden had no problem learning from an older player, but he has shown his game was very mature from the start

OK, how about Travis Ford

So Smith is a future Coach? loI I really dont remember Travis Ford's career well enough to coment one way or the other.

Smith has a good shot as backup pg in the NBA. Neto for example has carved out a career so far in the NBA as a backup at 6'0 tall, decent out side shot, good handles, and tough nose pesky defense.

No certainty, but 10 points, 5 assists and 4 rebs as a freshman on a top 5 team is nothig to ignore. I think his size will hurt him for sure at the next level, very few und 6'2 guards succeed and even less under 6'0, but the kid is welcomed on my college team any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Love the kid so much, he makes basketball fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjreese and DrEss
He's shooting 47%FG, 44%3P, and 89%FT for the season so far

That is ridiculously close to the 50/40/90 gold standard for elite shooting and only a freshman? I know Smith is beloved on this board and somehow we still under appreciate him. lol

Reactions: tjreese
Between Edwards, Ivey and now Smith, Painter is showing that our guards have the freedom and green light to do whatever they want:
Just be smart, pick your spots, and if you’re going to come down on a break and Jack up a 25 footer, you better hit a few.
But all 3 have shown that Painter let’s you get your own shot if you can.
And Loyer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT