ADVERTISEMENT

Shout outs today to ...

the O line for keeping AOC clean today

the D line for playing very stout

AOC for overcoming early INT, spreading the ball around, and some clutch plays

Graham and Durham for solid games

the D overall for being physical

Solid, solid win for the Boilers, especially after getting down early and fighting through the adversity and some extracurricular moments. OL was really really good, IMO. Payne Train was rolling today, and somebody chewed out the defense big time - they were for the most part focused and physical today. Coach Jeff Brohm had them ready today.

Dude has some wheels. Did you see him kick into the next gear on that run? How he doesn't get drafted as a dual threat QB I couldn't guess.
dog tick GIF

the O line for keeping AOC clean today

the D line for playing very stout

Graham and Durham for solid games

the D overall for being physical
Aiden played fine but don’t think he will be high draft pick like the announcer said haha

Aiden played fine but don’t think he will be high draft pick like the announcer said haha

He has maybe a shot to make a roster as a back-up, IMO. There's a dearth of quality back-ups (hell, make that even starters) in the NFL. I don't know if I want to see his 40 time, though. We shall see.

Either way, I loved the Red Sea Scramble today.

AOC looked a lot better than 5 star Ewers today.

Yes - hell, Texas' only TD was on a late fumble return after TCU inexplicably got risky on the read-option near FG range while milking the clock. Horned Frogs may still save the Big XII (minus II) a playoff spot.....thought they were going down today.

Reactions: TX4GB
Under AOC, the offense is successful when we become a ball control offense. We move the chains often in the first half and get an advantage in time of possession. It keeps the defense off the field and we are able to wear down the opponents D a bit. Brohm gets the running game going and the short passing game is effective. We hit a few long plays in the passing game, but it isn’t forced. Offense looked great yesterday!

Reactions: pboiler18
Under AOC, the offense is successful when we become a ball control offense. We move the chains often in the first half and get an advantage in time of possession. It keeps the defense off the field and we are able to wear down the opponents D a bit. Brohm gets the running game going and the short passing game is effective. We hit a few long plays in the passing game, but it isn’t forced. Offense looked great yesterday!
I'm surprised we haven't run many gadget or trick plays this yr. Noticed Illini ran that reverse off a bunch set down at the 10 and worked fine.

Baby Giraffe. Only second player all season to run for 100 yards against Illinois stout defense. Had some excellent plays. I might even give him the game ball.
Absolutely. Crazy legs got some tough yards today. He's up to 732 for the season. Given that the last two opponents really struggle against the run, 1,000 for the season seems like a distinct possibility.

And he's a freshman walk-on. Wow!

Absolutely. Crazy legs got some tough yards today. He's up to 732 for the season. Given that the last two opponents really struggle against the run, 1,000 for the season seems like a distinct possibility.

And he's a freshman walk-on. Wow!
my bad, forgot to mention Mock and Shef

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT