ADVERTISEMENT

Next up...

If you shut down Reneau where will IU get their points from? I mean - is this simply the key to the game? Give Ware 30, Galloway 20 and they still need some points.
True, but Galloway also creates baskets for the 4 and 5 by getting in the lane and if you can contain Galloway, then you also contain Reneau. IU has to have Reneau and Galloway on the court and get good games out of them IMO day in and day out. IU wants to keep Braden from getting deep as well, but if Braden doesn't hit a mid range, then he is passing out. Galloway in the lane has enough height he can score or pass. I just see containing Galloway as most important, but yeah...if Reneau is missing in action IU is probably struggling

meh...iu sucks this year. If we can't get up for this game and beat their ass what are we gonna do in March?
I think if anything, this college season is really just setting up like last year. Everyone was riding Alabama or Kansas, maybe a few still had Purdue, and the tournament was a complete crapshoot because of the parity of college basketball.

Anybody can beat anybody, every "dominant" team has had a stupid loss or two. Every road game in the Big Ten this year could easily be a battle. While I don't see us laying an egg against a 16 this year, having any level of confidence after the first round when we play a 9-seed or better seems unwise. And thats for everyone from Purdue to UConn to Kansas to UNC. I would in no way be surprised to see another 4-seed vs 9- seed championship game match up. Maybe when the covid years are done, we'll see less parity. But with NIL and transfer portal I don't think so. I think the tournament is just that much more of crapshoot going forward than it ever has been.

If the game is close, I think IU will feed off of the crowd’s energy. I am more optimistic that Edey can get Ware in foul trouble.
I used to say winners never get tired. It is only when losing that a player starts to feel fatigue IMO. I do like the thought of Mason, Trey and Caleb really sprinting down the court. That is 3 bodies that could require Reneau to sprint should those occasions in the game allow a push. Those occasions are more likely the longer the shot by IU in that a bounce allows the push and the 50-50 balls will be important. Can't take the ball out of bounds and beat them down the court and in those occasions...probably not wise most the time to not use Zach as much as possible. I think he 2pt FG% is better than hitting 40% from 3 and so he must be engaged as often as possible, but he will not beat IU alone.

I hope Purdue jumps out in front and it never gets under double digits. If it gets close, Kim will leave the room until Purdue has it wrapped up if Purdue does. She wouldn't be a very good coach
My wife refused to watch for years ... then she gradually started ... now she analyzes stuff better than I do.

Reactions: tjreese
My wife refused to watch for years ... then she gradually started ... now she analyzes stuff better than I do.
She watches and will actually see the game twice generally if it was a home game. However, if the game is close she can't take it...especially if it is IU for the same reasons all of us know. ;) She is always interested if some physical play is involved especially if a flagrant is involved. Mason is her man! Rapheal is/was as well. Sometimes I'll hear her say...why did he shoot that and they better come out ready to play. She likes Lance...calls him a "baller". ;) Likes the whole team, but has her favorites as we all do. She just doesn't handle pressure and for the most part cares little about "why" something happens and more about "what" happened in a most general sense. I find her now rooting for teams to win that could help Purdue. She isn't a hard core fan in that she knows what to look for and have her own understanding without being influenced by the media like many. She does however recognize some of the players that transferred to other teams. Hopefully she will be happy tonight and not hear from "some" should Purdue lose.

She watches and will actually see the game twice generally if it was a home game. However, if the game is close she can't take it...especially if it is IU for the same reasons all of us know. ;) She is always interested if some physical play is involved especially if a flagrant is involved. Mason is her man! Rapheal is/was as well. Sometimes I'll hear her say...why did he shoot that and they better come out ready to play. She likes Lance...calls him a "baller". ;) Likes the whole team, but has her favorites as we all do. She just doesn't handle pressure and for the most part cares little about "why" something happens and more about "what" happened in a most general sense. I find her now rooting for teams to win that could help Purdue. She isn't a hard core fan in that she knows what to look for and have her own understanding without being influenced by the media like many. She does however recognize some of the players that transferred to other teams. Hopefully she will be happy tonight and not hear from "some" should Purdue lose.
My daughter and her husband were cheerleaders when Big Dog played. they travelled to the Tourney games. Great memories. They stayed in-touch with Big Dog for a few years.

Reactions: tjreese and Schnelk
I think I love your wife!

• Love
My daughter and her husband were cheerleaders when Big Dog played. they travelled to the Tourney games. Great memories. They stayed in-touch with Big Dog for a few years.
I'm glad to see him on the scoreboard. I like him taking steps towards helping Purdue and hope he gets more involved than the scoreboard video. What an outstanding player he was!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Do Dah Day
I think I love your wife!
I don't blame you. She is a good one for a lot of reasons. ;) Her parents are IU fans and they think I turned her to Purdue, but she tells them she has always been a Purdue fan. ;) Her brother went to Purdue. She had a sister that went to Bloomington one year and then an IU extension to finish as did her husband. Without any influence by me she shares our view of IU fans. If IU loses she goes to their site to watch them eat their own. Her childhood friend that sits probably 20 ft from her in work was an IU cheerleader when Knight threw the chair. She tells her that IU fans are the worst and they are really good friends and have been for decades. Kim just sees reality like we do with many IU fans.

Kansas thought that too. Trey mid ranged the crap out of them. Trey is no JHS but he will get a bunch off the actions they run for him.
I find it funny giving your own board members crap for being trolls and you still hang out over here. God you are bad at this.

Talk about "Pot meet kettle".

I find it funny giving your own board members crap for being trolls and you still hang out over here. God you are bad at this.

Talk about "Pot meet kettle".
Victor admitted he watches Purdue. Didn’t know he was a fan…but in all actuality he doesn’t watch Purdue because he said smith still always jumps in the air, which he has not done for quite some time. He’s just a troll, no surprise there.

The game at A$$ hall. WE all have our "stats" we hope to see like good shooting, taking care of the ball, rebounding and solid D along with player such and such, but are there any strategies or approaches of concern? Naturally, being poised is huge, but that isn't inside approaches or strategies

For me (and Purdue's defense) it is to keep IU's guards out of the lane. Purdue gives up height at "a" guard spot and they will want to get in the lane every chance he can where his height is advantage and Zach and other's can't be in a spot that allows a lob to Ware in particular and Reneau sometimes as well. This has been Purdue's biggest problem the last couple of years along with losing composure. We all know Matt doesn't want to get beat by a three ball, which we all understand, but I'm unsure it is as big of a problem as the mid-range game in the lane for IU. However, does Purdue go under some handoffs a bit more and switch it up from time to time...wishful IU doesn't hurt Purdue on the three ball. Does Purdue help on perimeter drives with a perimeter player giving up the three ball and keeping Zach in tight to prevent the lob? Or does Purdue just play their typical D approach early and see what adjustments take place during the game?

I believe IU goes back to what worked in the past...which is to extend the perimeter pressure (what kind of whistle here will be important) and physically handle the perimeter players on handoffs and drives, while jumping inside passing lanes physically disrupting what Purdue wants to do. I believe this is but ONE area IU hopes to have success, because doing so not only disrupts the perimeter game, but also makes it harder to feed Zach.

I have no idea if X will play much or being punished for longer term results. My guess is that X plays all Woody wants him to play and his behavior which was done in the past and hurt IU since they lost him after practicing with him will NOT be in play at all. Who takes Galloway? I think it is Lance and sometimes either Ethan or Cam. I like Lance on the ball which could be X, but not sure Braden has the strength for Galloway to make it harder for Galloway to get in the lane? That height doesn't stop with Galloway since there is Gunn. The freshman guard (Cupps) is of no concern for Purdue's D in particular and so he is just another player offering no specific concerns of getting in the lane.

There are sooooooo many things that can affect the game relative to player specifics, but if Purdue has composure and does a good job of keeping IU guards out of the lane I think those two will play a large role in any success Purdue has..
With Galloway being IU's best guard, that's not an issue in my opinion but is a blessing for opponents. My question is who in the PU lineup will get in X's head....if that's even a possibility?

• Haha
With Galloway being IU's best guard, that's not an issue in my opinion but is a blessing for opponents. My question is who in the PU lineup will get in X's head....if that's even a possibility?
That would be a scary...scary place. If would have to be the slowest to say no. ;)

Looked like X just broke his wiener grabbing arm in the Iowa game. It did not look very good.

I'm debating for tonight. Undecided. Maybe Old Forester 1920. I rarely drink that, or other great ones, for games. I usually mix sprite and something cheap.... I like Very Old Barton for cheap.

You have more discretionary income than an old guy on SS has. If I brought home a Weller 107, my wife would demand a new washer/dryer.
Haha

I used to be able to hide my bottles until it became a problem. Then, my wife found them, counted them and said "You have a f'n problem". I chuckled because I knew she went to the basement poker room and counted. What else was a guy to do😂

I'm debating for tonight. Undecided. Maybe Old Forester 1920. I rarely drink that, or other great ones, for games. I usually mix sprite and something cheap.... I like Very Old Barton for cheap.
I’m trying out Fortunes fool rye the prelude … 109 proof

If you're close to a Costco, their Kirkland brand isn't too bad, and it mixes very well.
Actually it is my understanding that there is no kirkland brand in some circumstances, but just a relabeling according to a person that handled that area. I have bought a LOT of 12 year old Blended Scotch Whisky, but I rarely drink it outside of Vernors (sp?) since I don't drink any cokes and such just to drink a few glasses. IMO it is a good mix and others have liked it as well. I'll also add that you do NOT have to be a member to buy alcohol...just tell them when entering what you are buying and go from there. Anyway they also have some name brands. They are typically cheaper on the name brands as well. Good Luck

Reactions: Poprudy
Actually it is my understanding that there is no kirkland brand in some circumstances, but just a relabeling according to a person that handled that area. I have bought a LOT of 12 year old Blended Scotch Whisky, but I rarely drink it outside of Vernors (sp?) since I don't drink any cokes and such just to drink a few glasses. IMO it is a good mix and others have liked it as well. I'll also add that you do NOT have to be a member to buy alcohol...just tell them when entering what you are buying and go from there. Anyway they also have some name brands. They are typically cheaper on the name brands as well. Good Luck
If you are in my location at some point, I have 50 year-old scotch.

If you are in my location at some point, I have 50 year-old scotch.
I haven't forgot you at all. I'm sitting here with too much time on teh computer with taxes and such on the floor ready to do. Someday we shall meet. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT