ADVERTISEMENT

Should we start..

BoilerAlumni12

True Freshman
Sep 15, 2013
As I was freezing .. I thought why not start plummer. If Blough or Sindelar can't win the starting job after TWO years than we honestly need to go for the future and play plummer. No I'm not drunk on whisky trying to warm my soul back up.

But seriously If they can't get the job done than stop playing the QB musical chair game.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Care to explain or elaborate?

You are OK with 2 QB system ?

Either choose 1 or non of them and start fresh.

Someone tell me what Blough did wrong to get pulled. Someone tell me what did sindelar do that Blough couldn't. For two weeks they both have been terrible. Yet we continue to see musical chair QB nonsense.

Plummer had all spring and fall to win the starting position. He didn’t. The two QB system we have now is self defeating, but that’s no reason to throw someone in who hasn’t even proved himself in practice. Reasoning...

Someone tell me what Blough did wrong to get pulled. Someone tell me what did sindelar do that Blough couldn't. For two weeks they both have been terrible. Yet we continue to see musical chair QB nonsense.
Blough doesn’t have a strong enough arm. With Sindelar the offense can attack vertically. With blough we’re back to the nordfense

Reactions: purduepat1969
Blough doesn’t have a strong enough arm. With Sindelar the offense can attack vertically. With blough we’re back to the nordfense
David showed who David has been his whole career yestersay. Able to move the ball effectively, especially with his legs when needed, but has trouble pushing the ball in the end zone. When it hasn’t been TO’s for him it’s been stalling drives and settling for field goals.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Did you watch any games last year? Who was the QB that had us win our last 3 including the bowl game and the Bucket Game?

Ahhhh... gotta love fans. So predictable.
Usually the most popular player is the backup QB. Unless of course you play 2 QB’s, then it’s the third string QB.

Reactions: rgarlitz
This might be the funniest post of all from the weekend. Yes, let's start a true freshman QB as the centerpiece of little to no talent and alot of youth. Makes sense. Kind of like putting a $5,000 suspension on a Chevette.

You all fail to comprehend my post. Eli should start 100% of the time. But why start Blough when everyone on here agrees eli should start. My complaint is that after 14 games the coaching staff cannot select a starter.

As they say if you have 2 qbs you have none. Either pick one or start someone else.

Or are we forgetting the Hope years.

Reactions: phila
David showed who David has been his whole career yestersay. Able to move the ball effectively, especially with his legs when needed, but has trouble pushing the ball in the end zone. When it hasn’t been TO’s for him it’s been stalling drives and settling for field goals.
So we were in the red zone our first four drives. What exactly did Blough do wrong at that point?

I think we are absolutely going to play both of them extensively this year. And I'm OK with that. I believe Brohm knows a tad bit more about football than we do. And remember he came out of a Schellenberger system that played two QBs a lot.

I'm a fan of both of our QBs. But I think Sindelar is very streaky and I think you start him and give him a quarter or so to see what he has. Blough is much more consistent. And I still push back on the fact that he has no arm. He doesn't have what ES has but he can throw a solid ball if needed.

My hope is we have 1 QB from here on out. We shouldn't be using real time games to determine who our starting QB should be. My biggest gripe against Blough is he can't throw an accurate long ball, so those plays are taken out of our playbook. What good does it do to have talented WRs if all you do is run the ball and throw short passes? Blough also has a long history of being able to move the team from the 20 to the 20! But he freezes / chokes inside the red zone. He also plays it too safe trying not to make a mistake. Sure, his passing efficiency looks nice, but I'd rather see an interception if it meant he also completed a td pass or a pass over 25 yards. I'm tired of his passing stats looking great because the receiver ran 10-30 yards after the catch. In the clutch, Blough doesn't get it done. And if we were ever needing a 2 or 1 minute drive to score, he would definitely not be the choice.

Blough is very steady, but he just appears too risk averse. Sindelar came in against EMU and the offense moved right down the field. Sindelar's issue is that he just takes too many risks. I can see the argument for both, but I would tend to lean toward Sindelar at this point.

This entire team has talent but they seem a little bit raw and undisciplined, which isn't unexpected for such a young team. Hopefully, as the season goes on, they can minimize the mistakes without losing too much of their 'edge'.

Reactions: Wisconsin Boiler
If it were up to me, I am going with Sindelar. If we had a great defense then maybe Blough; but I think Sindeklar gives us our best chance to keep up and score more points than our defense allows. We need to take some risk on offense if we are going to be successful.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
I forget where I saw this and just how accurate it is, but I thought I saw that Blough averages about 4 yards passing.

I couldn't tell you what Sindelar does, but if true, 4 is just not going to get it done against anybody.

The problem with saturday was the rain limiting Brohm to very little in the playbook and that might just be his "kryptonite" as it were. When the playbook is limited, we stagnate.

I forget where I saw this and just how accurate it is, but I thought I saw that Blough averages about 4 yards passing.

I couldn't tell you what Sindelar does, but if true, 4 is just not going to get it done against anybody.

The problem with saturday was the rain limiting Brohm to very little in the playbook and that might just be his "kryptonite" as it were. When the playbook is limited, we stagnate.
We ran for 345 yards on the ground. When was the last time Purdue had that many yards rushing and lost?

Wondering if it's the OL players or the OL coach?
Check my post I just created on the current crop of offensive players and their rivals rankings. Most are 2 star players. Remember, these are the backups to the players who were within the program during the worst stretch of Purdue football history...not the starters....most were the backups.

I do wish we'd pick one and stick with it. The problem is that I still don't know which one. Both bring completely different things to the table. It seems like for the last 2 years each time both play, the second one plays better, earns the start for the next game, and then the cycle continues. I was confused that CJB didn't stick with his plan for the 1st 2 quarters. There was a change of possession so it was easy to put ES in there and he didn't.

Eastern Michigan had no problem passing the ball, so why didn't we follow their lead? Why did we play it safe? much like our loss to Nebraska last year.

Eastern Michigan had no problem passing the ball, so why didn't we follow their lead? Why did we play it safe? much like our loss to Nebraska last year.

I don't think we "played it safe." Playing it safe would have been pounding up the middle 3 times and running the clock out on our final drive in the 4th quarter instead of airing it out to the end zone. There has been some criticism we should have ran it more, and that would have been safer. Eastern Michigan put up a lot of passing yards, but was streaky. They had 13 drives and were shut down on 9 of them. One was a total fluke (75 yarder) where it was underthrown and coming back for it threw our guy out of position. the others were poor execution by our defense combined with great downfield blocking by EMU. Our defense focused on the run and putting pressure on the QB in passing plays and left the field more open where their defense was more Cover 2 and allowed the extra running lanes. That is why they were able to get more passing and we were much more successful in running the ball.

Sindelar looked good throwing in the 1st half, but was very inaccurate in the 2nd. A number of throws sailed past the receivers. I thought he took a step back in terms of accuracy. Could blame it on the wet ball and not getting the grip he wanted, but the EMU QBs didn't have problems. But Blough has less good throws.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT