ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting the 3

Sep 14, 2018
I feel like Purdue doesn't have a solid Scottie Pippen like the 3 man on the squad. Is there a reason for 3 point guards?

They have Aaron Wheeler, who was recruited to be a 3 man. If it was necessary, Nojel Eastern could also play the 3.

Carsen is a two . Have you ever watched a Purdue game. He may lead the nation in scoring this year.

Carsen is a two . Have you ever watched a Purdue game. He may lead the nation in scoring this year.
I agree. But I won't be surprised if CE doesn't play the point when Nojel takes a rest and Cline or Sasha come in. I,m guessing that the feedback CE got from the NBA was to improve his PG skills, so Painter will probably give him some opportunities.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
Who is the third point guard. Hunter is a two three. Do you think eifert will play the point

Who is the third point guard. Hunter is a two three. Do you think eifert will play the point
It will be fun to watch that develop. Who will play PG if both Eastern and Edwards are on the bench? When Cline committed to Purdue, people said his passing skills would allow him to play some point. I don't see him bringing the ball up against a press, but in the half court it's a different story. Hunter is intriguing. Can he be a scorer and facilitator a la E'twaun Moore? That's a lot to ask of a freshman in the B1G.

Hunter can play the point. He is going to be a superstar. He may start over cline

I doubt any Boiler leads the nation in points. CMP has a very team-oriented motion offense and doesn't often let anyone go popping off 30 points.
You've never watched a Purdue game ever have you. Here let me remind you of when
E'Twaun Moore scored 38:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...due-past-no-2-ohio-state-2011feb20-story.html

Or here something even more current: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carsen_Edwards when CE went off for 40.

Why are you even here to being with trying to tell us how our team operates? Don't you have your own forum to linger on?

Reactions: plcosby and Schnelk
I think with as much as Carsen will be the ball handler in PnR, he will be somewhere around 21 ppg and 6.5 assists per game.

You've never watched a Purdue game ever have you. Here let me remind you of when
E'Twaun Moore scored 38:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...due-past-no-2-ohio-state-2011feb20-story.html

Or here something even more current: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carsen_Edwards when CE went off for 40.

Why are you even here to being with trying to tell us how our team operates? Don't you have your own forum to linger on?

Supplemental visual information to add to BBG's post:

ezgif-1-47f95c949a.gif

proxy.php

Last edited:
Can any of you name a Purdue player that is better than the greatest IU players? Please don't bring up Rick Mount, he was a doucher. Glen Robinson was great but no Calbert Cheaney or Brian Evans. You suck.
I'm pretty sure the State of Indiana owns Purdue, not you Mr. "Our Team."
Go away. You're an embarrassment to IU fans. (I'm an IU fan/grad)

Leaving the NBA out of the conversation, anyone that watched Glenn play and didn't think he was the best collage player in the country has no clue.

Brad Miller had a better career in the NBA than most IU players I can think of.

Go away. You're an embarrassment to IU fans. (I'm an IU fan/grad)
Replying to 123 and not you NC:

Not to mention John Wooden was a 3 time All American.

Oh, btw Hoosier123, you may want to check this list out:
Number of AA Selections by School:
#1 Kansas
#2 UNC
#3 UK
#4 Purdue (26 total selections by 18 players)
#5 Penn
#6 ND
#7 UCLA
#8 Duke
#9 Whisky
#10 Columbia

Yeah, don't spout your mouth if you can't back it up with the slightest piece of information or statistical analysis around here. You'll just look like a fool.

Who do you think will have the highest 3 point % in order for Purdue this year?

Cline 40%
Carsen 40%
Hunter 38%
Wheeler 36%
Sasha 36%

Reactions: LionBulldog83
On some kind of volume

Cline 42% Hopefully he just focuses on shooting in the off season he kind of wasted last year on his passing and handle

Carsen 40% small step back because of extra volume

Sasha 38-40% He needs to shoot around that to see the floor

Boudreaux 37 His career average on a bit better volume

Wheeler 35 Not to confident on his shooting straight off the back

Hunter 35 Same as wheeler

Eiffert 33 ???

Haarms 30 I doubt Haarms becomes a crack shooter this year

Eastern 30 I would like to see improved form more than anything else

Dow +Williams <30 non shooters

Don't compare the big dog to to two NBA flops. Calbert and Evans combined couldn't hold Glenn's jockstrap .
The comparison overall is silly. Glenn Robinson very well may have been the best player I ever saw(college). Very dominant. With that being said, I wouldn't call Cheaney's NBA career, a flop. He did play for 13 seasons. Averaged around 10ppg. His first 5 seasons he was at , or around 15ppg. Then some injuries....

TBH, I never really cared for Evans.

Player of the year in college, first round draft pick, and get traded a dozen times and average 9 points a game for your career. A good majority of iu fans think he was the best ever to play for iu. I think Isaiah was. I think cheaney was an NBA flop. He was what they call a journeyman . He couldn't stick with a team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT