ADVERTISEMENT

My Positions on ...

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
1, I give zero fks about DGL's mother
2, I think we have the quality players that suggest a great player like Heide will be odd-man out.
3. I think there is no other coach that can take us further consistently
4. We are in a rebuilding year this year and I think we are going to far overperform this year

2, I think we have the quality players that suggest a great player like Heide will be odd-man out.
4. We are in a rebuilding year this year and I think we are going to far overperform this year
If, we truly are in a rebuilding year. We do have a pretty good coach to have us in most preseason top 25 rankings and top 3-4 B1G range.

I'm really looking forward to Heide. He was a top 25 recruit before a lingering foot injury. I hope he can stay healthy and be very productive for us.

What does overperform amount to in your mind?

What does overperform amount to in your mind?
I'm not sure right now. I see we are ranked 23 give or take now. .... It seems we're around 4th in the B1G ... so, if those stay for another 9 weeks, then better than that. I guess what I just said is for us to do better than whatever we are projected to be before Christmas.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
1. I care about everybody even people who post on this board!
2. I like Heide, I like all of the recruits, however, there is always somebody who is an odd man out. Will Kaufman become a star as his recruiting rank suggested? Or will he be stuck backing up or in a platoon with Gillis? To me with his hs rating, that would be the definition of being the odd man out.
3. I’m not a fan of Painter’s motion offense or his desire not to play zone defense or his use of point guards. But I don’t know of any coaches that would replace him and produce better results. It’s easy to criticize a coach. It’s hard to identify a replacement who would actually be better.

4. I expect Purdue to win 20 games and make the ncaa tourney. For some college fans that would be an awesome season. For Purdue fans, that’s called rebuilding.

Dane Fife has Indiana, Purdue and Michigan as the top 3 in the conference

A tournament berth is a pretty good year, if the guys can hack it. An IU sweep would be a nice cherry on top (but they seem actually decent for the first time in a while. I was hoping Woodson would bomb just like Miller, but no dice. :D).

A tournament berth is a pretty good year, if the guys can hack it. An IU sweep would be a nice cherry on top (but they seem actually decent for the first time in a while. I was hoping Woodson would bomb just like Miller, but no dice. :D).
Tend to agree here. See this as a "rebuilding year" which to me means that we have less expectations but all of the potential to be pretty good.

A tourney berth on paper is doing well. Don't forget though that we have Edey still and SEVERAL versatile 4/5 bodies and this will keep us in plenty of games. If Smith is all he is made out to be and we get consistent play from Newman and Morton, this team could be good....just likely getting it done differently than last year.

I like Loyer to be a 15-20mpg guy that has the potential to single handedly break open some defenses and win us some games with clutch shooting.

Colvin coming in 23' helps but still think we need a big time transfer or guard to add moving forward to push us over the edge!

Not sure there is anything I would even want to tweak. It is as though you read my mind... and so be careful when entering the black hole... ;)

Not sure there is anything I would even want to tweak. It is as though you read my mind... and so be careful when entering the black hole... ;)
I don't have time to read the whole thing. Is there a Cliff Notes version?

1. I care about everybody even people who post on this board!
2. I like Heide, I like all of the recruits, however, there is always somebody who is an odd man out. Will Kaufman become a star as his recruiting rank suggested? Or will he be stuck backing up or in a platoon with Gillis? To me with his hs rating, that would be the definition of being the odd man out.
3. I’m not a fan of Painter’s motion offense or his desire not to play zone defense or his use of point guards. But I don’t know of any coaches that would replace him and produce better results. It’s easy to criticize a coach. It’s hard to identify a replacement who would actually be better.

4. I expect Purdue to win 20 games and make the ncaa tourney. For some college fans that would be an awesome season. For Purdue fans, that’s called rebuilding.
ZONE DEFENSE???
Seriously?
Purdue is not a zone defense team. Any zone can be broken it's not as if it's superior to man to man.

Well, it's pretty easy to outperform Miller. I mean with TJD and Race Thompson coming back they aren't going to suck. We will see how good Woodson is once those two use up their eligibility.

Well, it's pretty easy to outperform Miller. I mean with TJD and Race Thompson coming back they aren't going to suck. We will see how good Woodson is once those two use up their eligibility.
That will be the indicator on Woodson. We have lost Carsen, Biggie, and Ivey over the years early but we remain competitive. He is lucky they came back. Without NIL, I doubt TJD would have stayed. Dale is not struggling financially though if he invested his NBA money wisely. Race was due to Covid if it is his 6th year. He went through the senior game ceremony last year. He gets a redo I guess.

That will be the indicator on Woodson. We have lost Carsen, Biggie, and Ivey over the years early but we remain competitive. He is lucky they came back. Without NIL, I doubt TJD would have stayed. Dale is not struggling financially though if he invested his NBA money wisely. Race was due to Covid if it is his 6th year. He went through the senior game ceremony last year. He gets a redo I guess.

COVID extra year is the dumbest crap.

Reactions: Schnelk and TX4GB
ADVERTISEMENT